1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Talibane

Which hair did you use for Bespin Luke using the V1 head? I would like to do something similar because I have DX07 too.

It's the MMS 516 with an Inigo headsculpt. Searched toyanxiety and there is nothing, I'll keep on searching.. Or I'll try to fix it :gah:

They re-stock all the time. I would keep an eye on it.
Also, hope I didn't come off like a knob when I mentioned the sculpt. It looks great. Cheers!

Really good pics.

@Talibane

Which hair did you use for Bespin Luke using the V1 head? I would like to do something similar because I have DX07 too.

I used that hair piece on my deluxe luke. It looks good on the jedi sculpt!

Thanks, and yeah it's the hairpiece from this head pictured below (I basically swapped HT/SSC hairpieces) - it's the older and slightly wonky SSC Luke Hoth.

This SSC head/HT hair combo usually has the hood up/forward in my Jabba's palace dio (sorry for soft/dim pics - he's kinda far back in the dio) and under those conditions it looks pretty good.

pw2Ja1J.jpg

I've done maybe four of these HT/SSC hair/head swaps and I've been pretty happy with the results. For example, the HT farmboy Luke facesculpt (which is a little meh out of the box imo) I think is really improved quite a bit by the SSC Luke pilot hairpiece.

And yet I sort of like the HT farmboy hairpiece on the SSC Snowspeeder Luke facesculpt (though it's not great - but that no-helmet Snowspeeder head was sort of unusable stock anyway.) I also used the SSC snowspeeder hairsculpt on the HT Luke Jedi face sculpt and was pretty happy with that.

Indeed Talibane that SSC hair sculpt looks great with the HT ROTJ head sculpt! Wish I had one of those too.

I finally took some pics with my Deluxe so here?s one:

4eba75d91e7e164fcb607bab3efa1ea8.jpg

So I was browsing Sideshow and see the regular version of this figure has free shipping now. I also have a $20 coupon that’s eligible to be used. I might just forget trying to get the deluxe and settle with it. I mainly want the Endor gear anyways. Only reason I want the deluxe is that second sculpt/wind blown hair.

Indeed Talibane that SSC hair sculpt looks great with the HT ROTJ head sculpt! Wish I had one of those too.

I finally took some pics with my Deluxe so here?s one:

4eba75d91e7e164fcb607bab3efa1ea8.jpg

Thanks - with the teeth a bit shadowed with light from above, that facesculpt looks pretty cool. Love that backdrop.:clap

I wish you could get aquarium or model railway foliage/ferns that looked like that. It always looks kinda fake to me. Even the fronds that coe with the HT stand aren't all that convincing.

I do wish HT had gotten the color palette of the poncho a bit closer to accurate (it's more a tan/brown mostly,) but it's still really well done and has nice futz-ability.

Thanks - with the teeth a bit shadowed with light from above, that facesculpt looks pretty cool. Love that backdrop.:clap

I wish you could get aquarium or model railway foliage/ferns that looked like that. It always looks kinda fake to me. Even the fronds that coe with the HT stand aren't all that convincing.

I do wish HT had gotten the color palette of the poncho a bit closer to accurate (it's more a tan/brown mostly,) but it's still really well done and has nice futz-ability.

Thank you! I thought that plant look like it could be on Endor. I also wish there was some artificial plants that looked close to those. They?d be neat for displays. And yeah I think the sculpt works a little better if the teeth are in some shadows.

Ordered this on Popcultcha. Really hoping I like it better than the last ROTJ Luke from Hot Toys. Considering selling my Sideshow deluxe kitbash with inigo painted v2.0 sculpt if anyone is interested.

How long it take to get your Popcultcha item? Tracking isn't great on that Australia post site.

Get that Honey addon for your browser, I use it with Popcultcha all the time.

I checked every day for two weeks with the honey add on. Never had any working codes; just pulled the trigger on Deluxe Luke as he's OOS everywhere else. Basically retail + 5 after the conversion rate.

Just a heads up...May 4th is upcoming and Pop USUALLY have a May 4th sale..with great discounts..
This is the way ��

Two caveats though - only on in-stock items (ie no PO's) and if the item price was already discounted previously, even if it's been that lower price for many months, the May 4th discount is applied to the original price, not that already-discounted price (which for those watching a particular item that became the "normal price" long ago.)

Two caveats though - only on in-stock items (ie no PO's) and if the item price was already discounted previously, even if it's been that lower price for many months, the May 4th discount is applied to the original price, not that already-discounted price (which for those watching a particular item that became the "normal price" long ago.)

Crait Luke, R2 deluxe, Maul deluxe all at full price and would be good targets no?

Do you guys think they'll do another Luke? I imagine the ESB version that they teased at Comic Con will be their last major Luke figure.

Thinking about getting this guy from popcultcha with the $30 discount they have right now. Maybe pick up the ESB sculpt if that ends up looking better.

hot-toys-02.jpg

Do you guys think they'll do another Luke? I imagine the ESB version that they teased at Comic Con will be their last major Luke figure.

Thinking about getting this guy from popcultcha with the $30 discount they have right now. Maybe pick up the ESB sculpt if that ends up looking better.

hot-toys-02.jpg

No way it will be their last Luke. They will do X Wing, Snowspeeder, or both eventually. They will do Hoth too. And probably eventually circle back to farm boy 2.0. All this will take several years of course.

Back