1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I plan on getting this figure as I never grabbed the first one. While endor isnt my focal point I'm really just wanting a sail barge and the throne room scene. Is this set missing anything to have this accomplished? I dont see the white peel back for the upper coat on this figure. I know I'm asking alot but what are your opinions on this go for the older one or this one, 429 or 517.

As always I appreciate everyone's opinions and advice thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I plan on getting this figure as I never grabbed the first one. While endor isnt my focal point I'm really just wanting a sail barge and the throne room scene. Is this set missing anything to have this accomplished? I dont see the white peel back for the upper coat on this figure. I know I'm asking alot but what are your opinions on this go for the older one or this one, 429 or 517.

As always I appreciate everyone's opinions and advice thanks

It should be the same clothing as the first release, the flap folds down.

Is there pers eyes on this new Luke or are my eyes playing tricks on me. Is sculpt in the second pic the same as 429???
fcff7619aae83e9f1404e2105c5ec141.jpg
45fe6764f93d38ebdb33b305d0dbdf93.jpg

Nope. No pers. the 2nd neutral sculpt's eyes are painted to look sideways. The pic showing the heads side by side is deceptive in giving you the illusion that it's pers.

No PERS, the more open mouth face has straight painted eyes, the other face is MMS429 head with eyes just painted permanently off to the side.

Well dam I might just opt for the 429 then if the eyes on the good sculpt from the 517 ate painted looking to the side. I think that answered it for me thank you everyone greatly appreciate all the responses.

Yeah, that does make sense. ROTJ Luke was always going to be the holy grail in my collection, but since I couldn't have a proper DX release, just hope that the Deluxe Version of Luke turns out well with "refined tailoring" like they stated, and a goddamn gloved lightsaber hand. Still can't get over the fact that they left it out but included a gloved hand for holding a blaster, even though he only got the glove after Jabba's Sail Barge. Sent them an email about it and left a few comments but I'm not too optimistic on that...

I think a lot of it goes back down to Star Wars in general. The brand has never been very popular in Asia. Where as marvel is extremely popular there. That’s why we get 30 iron man suits a year but only have 5 Star Wars figures a year

I think a lot of it goes back down to Star Wars in general. The brand has never been very popular in Asia. Where as marvel is extremely popular there. That’s why we get 30 iron man suits a year but only have 5 Star Wars figures a year

Don't forget that in order to make up for this brand weakness in Asia, they make westerners buy two figures just so they can have one complete figure.

Got my notice today July 5 payment will be taken. After that, August 5 is last payment for figure. Im wondering what the odds are for an on time release vs any sort of delay. This figure has been in the works for so long (Online Comicon 2017 if I remember) so hoping this comes on time. Still really excited for this figure.

There are so many Luke looks in ROTJ, im honestly ok with multiple releases. To display the Luke looks I want (ROTJ was MY Star Wars film) I would have needed to purchase two Lukes anyway.

I wonder if the headsculpt and windswept hair will have gotten a tweak for the production figure. Really interested to see in-hand pics.

I think it has as much to do with HT being mindful of the marketplace and seeing if the first version had sold through everywhere yet as well as the extremely full production schedule they have to manage. The first version is still not that hard to come by. They may as well time production to get this out in the fourth quarter so the western market sees it easily available by October or so. Just a thought. ..

Yeah, I don't think we'll see Jedi Luke's being sold out for a while.

I wonder if the headsculpt and windswept hair will have gotten a tweak for the production figure. Really interested to see in-hand pics.

If it does, I believe it will be worser. Last figures showed either no change or worser compared to protos.

Torn on whether to try pick the old version up on the secondary market, where the prices are a little extreme here in the UK, or wait for the deluxe. I already pulled the trigger on the Endor version, but want a classic black costume (either Jabba's sail barge or the Death Star look) to compliment it. The windswept hair makes the face look better imo. Do people think there will be any improvements made to the original release?

Torn on whether to try pick the old version up on the secondary market, where the prices are a little extreme here in the UK, or wait for the deluxe. I already pulled the trigger on the Endor version, but want a classic black costume (either Jabba's sail barge or the Death Star look) to compliment it. The windswept hair makes the face look better imo. Do people think there will be any improvements made to the original release?

Honestly, it really depends on the end product. The HT description says that it will have "refined tailoring" so technically Deluxe Luke shouldn't be that fat/barrel-chested. And they should have added a gloved hand for holding the lightsaber, but they added the wrong gloved hand as it is for holding a blaser, so... And also some people prefer the eyes straightforward compared to the slanted eye look, so they prefer the first version, along with the fact that some people also don't like the sculpts provided. So at the end it's really up to you, as it depends on what you value more.

Personally I am getting this even though I have the 1st Luke as he can be displayed in a variety of poses and I can have 2 different set ups, along with the fact that I am hoping for the Deluxe release to address the issues I have with the 1st Luke.

Thanks for the replies. Honestly, it might be best to wait and see how the final product turns out. I like the sound of refined tailoring, but then you miss out on some of the cool accessories like the original DS base and Jabba's Palace cloak. I guess when the final product is released then people will start putting the original version up cheaper on eBay (fingers crossed). Of course they could've solved all these issues by releasing the figure with everything included in the first place.

For what its worth, Sideshow took my payment and down to my last one scheduled for August 5, so id suppose if this is going to be an on time release, we may start seeing some shipments overseas rather soon. Im guessing September (best case) or October (worst case) here in the States.

It's worth looking on UK Hot Toys Facebook group, can find some figures going at reasonable prices. Sometimes a bit below the original price they were.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It's worth looking on UK Hot Toys Facebook group, can find some figures going at reasonable prices. Sometimes a bit below the original price they were.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nice tip, thanks. I don't know why I've never noticed this group before.

The deluxe version on the sideshow website says it includes the camo poncho and helmet? So how is the endor version different than this (besides maybe the base) and missing a bunch of extra accessories?

Back