1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How difficult would painting an extra Luke hand be? Im curious if it would look like a glove or just a weird painted hand

If I remembered correctly, the main reasons why many collectors want a separate gloved hand is largely due to the fact that for the light up hand, it severly lacks articulation, is hard to work with, and the lightsaber neck happens to be too thick and not accurate to his actual lightsaber. And it's slightly infuriating that they included a gloved hand to hold the blaster (even though he puts on the glove way after that scene), yet they did not include a gloved arm with the Deluxe version. And adding oil to the fire, for the HT ROTJ Luke figure that was teased during Star Wars celebration 2017, he does have a separate gloved to grip the saber if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
To me, main reason i want a saber grip gloved hand is that i never use light-up feature. Besides, lightup hand having the saber attached clearly hinder the range of movements.

Yeah, it's just a pain in the ass if you want to change the figure up and have to change out the whole arm and not just the hand.

Well I know it may not be much help and they most likely may not see it, but I sent them an email regarding the "refined tailoring" and the lack of a gloved hand to hold the lightsaber. Just going to keep my fingers crossed.

What’s the chance bigbadtoystore will have these in stock on release? They are currently pre sold out for preorders. Worried I should preorder this someplace to avoid paying more than msrp later.

After much back and forth I want this over the original release for the two heads so I can use one for a possible Bespin/Hoth custom. I still plan to pick up the Jedi robe from first release but those seem cheap on eBay.

What’s the chance bigbadtoystore will have these in stock on release? They are currently pre sold out for preorders. Worried I should preorder this someplace to avoid paying more than msrp later.

After much back and forth I want this over the original release for the two heads so I can use one for a possible Bespin/Hoth custom. I still plan to pick up the Jedi robe from first release but those seem cheap on eBay.

I would say 100%. Pretty much every recent Star Wars release has had extra stock at BBTS.

Now that the long wait for Ep 3 Obi is over, this is next on my "arriving soon-ish" pre-orders. Figured maybe time for a bump. Still really excited for this release.

When was it supposed to be due? Maybe they’ll finish releasing those Solo figures first. They also have Dooku and Bespin Leia due for release soon, don’t they?

I wonder what the next Luke is likely to be (not including Crait). X-Wing, Hoth or maybe even Yavin Ceremony Luke? It doesn’t seem like there’s often a time when there isn’t at least one Luke up on pre-order.

I hope x-wing. I never caved on the ss version, so hopefully we get one soon. Doubtful we get any new luke until crait luke ships.

I hope x-wing. I never caved on the ss version, so hopefully we get one soon. Doubtful we get any new luke until crait luke ships.

I got a sweet deal on the SS X-Wing Luke and I have to admit that with the helmet on, he looks amazing and fits in perfectly with the HT figures. I would hope that HT would release a SnowSpeeder Luke first, though.

When was it supposed to be due? Maybe they’ll finish releasing those Solo figures first. They also have Dooku and Bespin Leia due for release soon, don’t they?

Barring any delays, my last payment is scheduled for August 5.

Was curious if there are any reference points in the movie where you can tell if Luke does or doesnt wear the jedi vest under his endor poncho? When he talks to Leia before leaving to face Vader, he does have it on, but when he meets up with Vader its gone. It seems it might be slightly a bulky thing to wear under a poncho.

He doesn’t have the vest on when he meets Vader because the imperials stripped it away checking for weapons and didn’t bother to put it back.

SO ht added the accessory pack to the endgame iron man, but made us buy a whole new luke figure. Thanks ht. They also said they improved the sculpt. They should improve this luke sculpt, but he is probably not as important as iron man.

Back