Hot Toys MMS 501 Black Panther - Shuri

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys- Black Panther Shuri

I'm actually wondering about her hands and her weapons. Will we be able to emulate some kind of sonic pulse with the weapons with a snap on accessory of some sort. I kind of want some open hands for the "what are THOSE" scene lol. All sorts of neat questions.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

ABSOLUTELY. I asked a friend at SDCC to closely inspect her just for the reason of being able to remove the gauntlets and he was actually able to talk to the HT’S staff after they setup and revealed the 2 PS4 Spideys. Apparently, she will come with plenty of interchangeable hands, kimoyo beads and one guy was “shushed” while talking about a crushed gauntlet.

people actually like Shuri? shes the epitome of Mary Sue

Here's a fun concept: it is possible for other people to like and dislike things that are not the same as the things you like and dislike.

And it's possible to accept this fact without insulting what other people like.

Here's a fun concept: it is possible for other people to like and dislike things that are not the same as the things you like and dislike.

And it's possible to accept this fact without insulting what other people like.

OMG, are you sure? It seems as though if someone doesn’t agree with my opinion, instead of having a rational conversation about the rationale behind my stance, the first thing to do is slew insults. :lol :slap :cuckoo: :thud:

ABSOLUTELY. I asked a friend at SDCC to closely inspect her just for the reason of being able to remove the gauntlets and he was actually able to talk to the HT’S staff after they setup and revealed the 2 PS4 Spideys. Apparently, she will come with plenty of interchangeable hands, kimoyo beads and one guy was “shushed” while talking about a crushed gauntlet.

That is very good news. Sounds like it is more "when" than "if" she goes up for PO.

Mary Sue ... yeah ... coz girls can't be as smart as Tony Stark or Bruce Banner? :lol Yeah, news flash, they can be. Intelligence isn't a purely male trait. And I'm pretty sure she's got lots of character flaws only that we haven't seen them yet. But don't worry, she'll stick around and you'll have enough time learning about them. :D Maybe she'll even become the Black Panther at one point, who knows. I for one am all in for that. :D

100c9acc-9557-4452-b584-9d3d89fce27f-tumblr_p2yvkhlcck1vfmsbyo4_540.gif

Until then, I keep praying that HT puts this beautiful figure here up for preorder soon and releases it not too far in the future ... 2018 seems unlikely but please not later than early 2019 ...

people actually like Shuri? shes the epitome of Mary Sue

The geek fiction we all love here on this board is full of narrative shortcuts, including characters that are conveniently gifted/lucky/talented to the Nth degree. Stark and Banner come to mind immediately; particularly Stark.

It's not a stretch to think that in a population of 7 billion + humans in the MCU, someone somewhere could be younger and just as gifted or more so than those two. Peter Parker is no slouch either, given the materials science behind the webbing he conveniently invented.

As for character flaws, we hardly know Shuri yet. Tony was relatively 2-dimensional when we first met him and given he had his own films from Day 1, was developed fairly quickly with more layers to his character added or revealed in years' worth of stand-alone and ensemble films.

We've met Shuri as a secondary character in 2 films so far, and given that the MCU has been ratcheting up our threshold for suspension-of-disbelief with every film, it's once again not a terrible stretch to believe Wakanda's magical tech levels and Shuri's mastery of same -- within the context of the universe Feige and company have been building up.

The magic nano-tech used by Wakandans and now Stark are actually not to my taste, personally, as I prefer a more grounded universe, but this is the story they're telling and I'm along for the ride.

I have more of a problem with the Ant-Man films playing fast and loose with their own in-universe physics than believing Shuri is a super-genius, and I'm sure in time the character may be developed further and given more depth.

I have more of a problem with the Ant-Man films playing fast and loose with their own in-universe physics than believing Shuri is a super-genius, and I'm sure in time the character may be developed further and given more depth.

I have to agree with you on the Ant-Man films, especially the latest installment. One definitely had to check your brain at the door to swallow the portable building concept. Even assuming Pym gave it its own in-house generator for electricity, it must have sucked working in there without other basic utilities. I don't recall him calling the city to get stuff hooked up every time that thing moved, let alone waiting a week or two for it to happen. How did he even flush a toilet without any running water? Well, he's an old guy - maybe he wore Depends? :lol

And...the weight. All they did was shrink it not remove mass. Pretty hard to haul around a 40k ton building no matter how big it is

Chinese people and their traditional views on women...oh man the sexism is well and alive

whats that got to do with anything, bad writing is bad writing, nice racism.

I like how everyone's argument is that she is a girl so I am sexist, what a lousy strawman, if she was a 16 year old boy who is perfect in every way that is just as bad.

not a fan of ant man physics either it's very inconsistent.

Just as long as Reed Richards, when introduced, is recognized as the smartest in the MCU I don't care about Stark/Shuri/Banner.

Hot Toys- Black Panther Shuri

And...the weight. All they did was shrink it not remove mass. Pretty hard to haul around a 40k ton building no matter how big it is

I’m confused in the physics as well but that doesn’t make sense in universe. How could an ant carry Scott if he still weighed the same as he did at full size? Your weight is reduced when shrunk but you still retain the strength of a full size person.

It does get confusing but the building weighing too much isn’t inconsistent with the rest of the in universe technology. Cars shrink and can be picked up as well as people. Scott was holding onto Barton’s arrow in Civil War. If he still weighed the same Clint wouldn’t be able to lift the arrow.

I’m confused in the physics as well but that doesn’t make sense in universe. How could an ant carry Scott if he still weighed the same as he did at full size? Your weight is reduced when shrunk but you still retain the strength of a full size person.

It does get confusing but the building weighing too much isn’t inconsistent with the rest of the in universe technology. Cars shrink and can be picked up as well as people. Scott was holding onto Barton’s arrow in Civil War. If he still weighed the same Clint wouldn’t be able to lift the arrow.

Well it doesn’t make sense but it’s still acccirate to wht they say. That no mass is lost but atoms are pushed closer. They specifically said mass is the same in Antman. Visually you can see this by the bathroom scene where he falls and cracks tiles. And you can hear it again when wasp is training Antman in the first film and tells him you have to control your punches because you have the same mass in a smaller surface punch.

You are correct it doesn’t make sense in their own universe, but yet they say it anyway.

Back