Hot Toys MMS 501 Black Panther - Shuri

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys- Black Panther Shuri

And you can hear it again when wasp is training Antman in the first film and tells him you have to control your punches because you have the same mass in a smaller surface punch.

She says force, not mass.

"When you're small energy is compressed, so you have the force of a 200 pound man behind a fist 1/100th of an inch wide. You're like a bullet"

Ok, so force. Of a 200lb man. Which is about mass, obviously. The tile bathroom scene shows his weight is still high..otherwise he wouldn’t have to mass to crack it by landing on it. They explain that the tech works by shrinking the distance between atoms. All that does is create less volume but doesn’t effect mass. If he’s heavy enough to smash a tile by falling on it he’s heavy enough to squash a bug and not fly on it. Force equals mass times acceleration. So, Force is about mass.

Ok, so force. Of a 200lb man. Which is about mass, obviously. The tile bathroom scene shows his weight is still high..otherwise he wouldn’t have to mass to crack it by landing on it. They explain that the tech works by shrinking the distance between atoms. All that does is create less volume but doesn’t effect mass. If he’s heavy enough to smash a tile by falling on it he’s heavy enough to squash a bug and not fly on it. Force equals mass times acceleration. So, Force is about mass.

You had the line wrong, I was correcting you.

Force involves mass, it does not equal mass, it equals mass times velocity (you're like a bullet, bullets don't need to weigh 200 pounds to hurt more than a punch) Falling from enough height would impart a greater force, or punching with proper form can impart outsized damage. I can stand on a table, but I'd probably break through it if I jumped off the roof onto it. They are shown punching people through walls, but not crushing them while standing on their shoulders. Riding ants, standing on lampshades, they are plenty consistent showing that mass is not the same at small size- for whatever reason, who cares?

Its as explainable as any of the other magic BS in comic books. Mjolnir isn't just super heavy, its unliftible because it doesn't let itself be lifted by the unworthy. It doesn't collapse coat racks or coffee tables. Its a normal object otherwise. That makes sense in this fictional universe, why not.

I mean we're up to this nonsense now-
rVUA3jC.gif

Well it doesn’t make sense but it’s still acccirate to wht they say. That no mass is lost but atoms are pushed closer. They specifically said mass is the same in Antman. Visually you can see this by the bathroom scene where he falls and cracks tiles. And you can hear it again when wasp is training Antman in the first film and tells him you have to control your punches because you have the same mass in a smaller surface punch.

You are correct it doesn’t make sense in their own universe, but yet they say it anyway.
well clearly theres mass loss because they can carry a building around or put a tank on a keychain, also antman can ride ants and run around on people without them noticing

Think of it like reducing a helium balloon to the size of a grain of sand. All the mass packed more densely in a smaller size. It reduces weight but has the same mass which is why it packs more punch if you are shot with it.

If you throw a bullet at someone it may hurt a bit but won’t break the skin but because the metal is more dense than the skin it will break through at high velocity. But low mass or dense objects can still go through things that are more dense when traveling at high velocity. Like when a blade of wheat gets stabbed into a telephone pole by a tornado.

We have proably spent way more time trying to figure out how it all works then Marvel did when they came up with the Idea :lol

You had the line wrong, I was correcting you.

Force involves mass, it does not equal mass, it equals mass times velocity ...

And you have the physics wrong - Newton's second law says Force = mass x acceleration.

I wish Sideshow would throw this up for PO today so we can have something else to talk about.

Anyone predicting any additional accessories with her?

I wish Sideshow would throw this up for PO today so we can have something else to talk about.

Anyone predicting any additional accessories with her?

Besides her gauntlet blasters, I don't recall her using anything else while in this outfit. I suppose they could give her some EMP discs and energy beads. Nakia was the one using the ring blades, but since Shuri likely invented them I suppose they could give her a set of those too.

Besides her gauntlet blasters, I don't recall her using anything else while in this outfit. I suppose they could give her some EMP discs and energy beads. Nakia was the one using the ring blades, but since Shuri likely invented them I suppose they could give her a set of those too.

She was using one of those vibranium spears after Killmonger destroyed her gauntlets ... I’d definitely like this figure to have one of those included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She was using one of those vibranium spears after Killmonger destroyed her gauntlets ... I’d definitely like this figure to have one of those included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be sweet - especially if we're not getting an Okoye (or at least not anytime soon).

Wow, I got out the HT game years ago, but this Shuri figure is fire. It seems some people are unsure if she'll get made, but I'd be shocked if she doesn't. This figure looks fantastic, and she had the whole theater cracking up.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Shuri is sooooooooooo cuuute and adorable in Black Panther, I admittedly was smitten by her :love :love :love

Anyhow, this is looking like a stunningly fabulous figure, I'd definitely get it in a blink, however it wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't go into production.

Not getting her but a good look at her and others - re-thinking T'chaka *argh*:panic:

Shuri's headsculpt is the best female hs HT has ever done, sadly she will prob never be released.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I feel like this figure is definitely coming.

-most people seem to agree this is easily one of hot toys best headsculpts.
-a lot of people request her on hot toys various postings.
-black panther was a much bigger film than anyone anticipated.
-after Panther and Killmonger, Shuri was easily the most popular character in the film with only Okoye coming close to her(and I feel like half of that is just people that love Michonne lol).
-She's a marvel character and if she DOES have a big role in Avengers 4 it would make her an even bigger seller. In fact I think this maybe the biggest factor in her getting made. I think Guardians 2 Gamora was gonna get shelved....then Infinity War came out,she had a huge role and the demand for that figure became deafening and boom up for preorder.
-Howard Chan said they used this con to gauge interest. I feel like if they are paying attention to the reactions to people during it online, they'll see Shuri was mostly positive. As a flip side example, I think that T Challa with throne won't happen because the excitement for it was wayyyy less. Hope they prove me wrong cause I want it but just giving an example.

I bet Shuri goes up for preorder either before the end of the year or right after Avengers 4 is released.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Back