Hot Toys MMS 446 - The Last Jedi Rey (Jedi Training)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She doesn't look bad in the video review-just needs A LOT of futzing- these guys never really do that.

Still on the fence with this one- was hoping HT would an"Island Journey' version...

Looks great to me- has the intense look on her face- hence the brow/eyebrow look. Glad to see she is out now

I think she looks great. I can't wait for mine to arrive. Early July?

This...LOL. Same tired crap was said about TPM and what George Lucas did with the prequels. Now it seems all is forgiven with them. I am an old school OT fan from the beginning saw the originals in theatres(77-83). Luke is my favorite character and I loved TLJ.
This Rey figure turned out nice.
God love you for that! It is good to hear from real fans.

Sent from my SM-T531 using Tapatalk

She looks wonderful, but all i really need is the headsculpt... Or i may just wait for the Episode 9 version in a few years.

After all these years of collecting 1/6, i'm finally starting to get tired of buying "updated figures" lol.

The Last Jedi IS the best Star Wars movie since Empire.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it’s the mouth than her eyes..I do see Daisy’s eyes in the sculpt, but the lipstick as par HT is the wrong shade yet again.

HT please stop using this ugly brown maroon lipstick on the females..it doesn’t work

Even when her lips are chapped it’s still obvious Daisy always uses a subtle pink lipstick

The figure kinda looks like Laura (Dafne Keen) from Logan grown up.

I think the photos look a little weird, but this one i'm pretty confident will look great in hand.

IMO looks wayyyyy better then the TFA version, especially the first release in Jakku gear.

She looks amazing!!!! Can't wait until she arrives!!!!
And I really want to build a porg army. Love those little things!! :) :) :)

I have this on PO, but I still maintain the conviction that while far from perfect, the first sculpt bears a better likeness. The shape of the head and the shape of the eyes I feel are more accurate.

Still a nice looking figure though.

Daisy likeness's still there...not as good as TFA one...but it's all good to me...hopefully the PO shipment is on its way...

I think it’s the mouth than her eyes..I do see Daisy’s eyes in the sculpt, but the lipstick as par HT is the wrong shade yet again.

HT please stop using this ugly brown maroon lipstick on the females..it doesn’t work

Even when her lips are chapped it’s still obvious Daisy always uses a subtle pink lipstick

In photo comps like this I cover up the mouths and compare eyes and just nose. Way off. I then compare nose and mouth and cover up eyes. A little better. I agree lip color is off but placement of eyes, eye shape and brows are off.

As much as I didn’t care for TLJ over all, Rey and Kylo I have enjoyed so far in the ST. The sculpt isn’t perfect but the clothing, for me, just looks phenomenal and reminds me of EU female Jedi. I’ll probably pass and wait for full Jedi Rey in Episode 9, but can’t fault anyone for picking this one up.

I recall in the earlier stages of the thread, someone posted this comparison pic where they photoshopped the sculpt to make it look more accurate (photoshop version on right):

C02A0268-DACD-4A85-87BF-B68F6B77D8ED.jpg

Yep. Eyes are way off.

Yeah it looks like her eyes are trying to escape to the sides of her face..which is way too elongated.

Both Figuarts and Hasbro "Island Journey" have a far superior likeness.

(note i didn't say realism)

I like the way the figure looks even though the likeness is not perfect. I think the side profile in the video looks a lot like Daisy. I will keep my PO and will be thrilled to add to my HT collection. TLJ might not be my favorite of the new movies but I still enjoyed it and will pick up Rey, Kylo, Luke and a guard or two for my TLJ shelf.

Back