Hot Toys MMS 446 - The Last Jedi Rey (Jedi Training)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The whole concept of this figure is ridiculous.

What Training?!?! There was never any training that I saw? I know we all were hoping to see Luke train Rey like Obi Wan and Yoda combined, but that's not what we got at all. I guess like everything else for this shallow Mary Sue character, she gets a "training doll" even though she never actually went through the actual rigors of training at all.

What Training?!?! There was never any training that I saw? I know we all were hoping to see Luke train Rey like Obi Wan and Yoda combined, but that's not what we got at all. I guess like everything else for this shallow Mary Sue character, she gets a "training doll" even though she never actually went through the actual rigors of training at all.
[emoji19]

Sent from my SM-T531 using Tapatalk

Looks great.

Really looking forward to this reaching the states in a month or so.

I chock the name of the figure to Hot Toys not being aware of or not wanting to give away spoilers. The figure should be called “Throne Room Duel Rey”. Other than the name of the figure, there is nothing ridiculous about the doll. It was an outfit Rey wore for significant scenes in the movie.

Fanning the flames again... You already know the answers to your questions. You're just trolling all the threads that have to do with TLJ, especially the female characters. And if there aren't enough TLJ threads to satisfy your trolling desires, you create new ones like you did yesterday with the Rose threads. But then they get erased. Poor you.

6e58caf31dd472489c51d922b12692e2.png

The figure is cool but saying she was trained is ridiculous. Especially after you see the movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the figure.

I like the movie.

Nail me to the cross.

I wish the likeness was better though. Making me want to buy a guard for a duel in my detolf.

Yeah, unfortunately I watched it. At which point did the "training" commence?

I know I'm going to regret this, I usually stay out of the TLA talk, but to me, these things seem apparent:

Rey was already a strong, capable / skilled combatant.

While she was stuck on Jakku and had plenty of time to learn how to defend herself out of necessity. By the time we meet her in TFA, she's already exceptional with her staff which plays well into her ability to swing a lightsaber at the end of TFA.

She also has above average climbing skills thanks to her scavenging day job inside the wrecked ships. Her intro climbing scene foreshadows her free climbing escape on Starkiller base.

And then she holds her own against Kyo Ren in a duel even before remembering to tap into the force.

So, by comparison, given what the movies tell us, Rey is stronger, more skilled and more capable going into TLA than Luke was going into ESB. Does she need more physical training from Luke? My opinion is no based on what we already know about her. But she still gets about the same training that Luke got from Yoda.

I know my opinion is not everyone's but here's another way to look at it...

How many scenes of training did we get with Luke in ESB?
- Lifting rocks (tapping into the force)
- The vine swinging (physical) which I think leads right into...
- The cave confrontation (self discovery / mental)
- Conversations with Yoda (teaching moments)

How many scenes of training do we get with Rey on Ahch-To (g'bless you)?
- Sitting on the ledge and stretching out (tapping into the force)
- Lightsaber practice on the ledge (physical)
- The dark side mirror cove (self discovery / mental)
- Conversations with Luke (teaching moments)

Looks about the same to me. Maybe the issue here is that Yoda was a better teacher than Luke?

I just thought of another parallel, Yoda didn't want to train Luke for a variety of reasons similar to how Luke refused to train Rey. Their "training" mirrors each other in so many ways.

Anyway, thanks for pushing this issue. I enjoyed thinking through all this. You guys can rip me apart now.

:wave

6e58caf31dd472489c51d922b12692e2.png

The figure is cool but saying she was trained is ridiculous. Especially after you see the movie.

LoL saying Luke was trained well or even enough to even be considered a Jedi is a joke as well. But people love their Jedi Luke.

You will just have to go with a George Lucas’s original story plan and idea that the universe is controlled by microscopic beings in everything and everyone, shaping things to be how they wanted. Let the medichlorians guide you.

@ earthdog...

Great synopsis!:hi5:

Ya, gotta love people who rip the new movies yet give the OT a pass...or is it a generational thing? nope its a Star Wars fan thing...

@ earthdog...

Ya, gotta love people who rip the new movies yet give the OT a pass...or is it a generational thing? nope its a Star Wars fan thing...

I think it is a generational thing as well, some of my younger friends swear by the prequels over the OT. I guess when and how you were introduced to it can matter.

It’s just nice there is such a large and varied fan base!!!

I’ve enjoyed the new movies. I just don’t don’t think Force Awakens and Last Jedi being done with completely different end games in mind was a bright move. Both movies I enjoy on their own, but they don’t necessarily complement each other in my mind as well as I had hoped. Idk.

Finally got to go to Secret Base yesterday in HK. They had this on display. It looks absolutely beautiful.
But it doesn't look like Daisy very much.
The TFA head sculpt captured her better (and that was too stylised also).

Beautiful figure none the less (as were all the Solo figure proto's)

I know I'm going to regret this, I usually stay out of the TLA talk, but to me, these things seem apparent:

Rey was already a strong, capable / skilled combatant.

While she was stuck on Jakku and had plenty of time to learn how to defend herself out of necessity. By the time we meet her in TFA, she's already exceptional with her staff which plays well into her ability to swing a lightsaber at the end of TFA.

She also has above average climbing skills thanks to her scavenging skills inside the wrecked ships. Her intro climbing scene foreshadows her free climbing escape on Starkiller base.

And then she holds her own against Kyo Ren in a duel even before remembering to tap into the force.

So, by comparison, given what the movies tell us, Rey is stronger, more skilled and more capable going into TLA than Luke did going into ESB. Does she need more physical training from Luke? My opinion is no based on what we already know about her. But she still gets about the same training that Luke got from Yoda.

I know my opinion is not everyone's but here's another way to look at it...

How many scenes of training did we get with Luke in ESB?
- Lifting rocks (tapping into the force)
- The vine swinging (physical) which I think leads right into...
- The cave confrontation (self discovery / mental)
- Conversations with Yoda (teaching moments)

How many scenes of training do we get with Rey on Ahch-To (g'bless you)?
- Sitting on the ledge and stretching out (tapping into the force)
- Lightsaber practice on the ledge (physical)
- The dark side mirror cove (self discovery / mental)
- Conversations with Luke (teaching moments)

Looks about the same to me. Maybe the issue here is that Yoda was a better teacher than Luke?

I just thought of another parallel, Yoda didn't want to try Luke for a variety of reasons similar to how Luke refused to train Rey. Their "training" mirrors each other in so many ways.

Anyway, thanks for pushing this issue. I enjoyed thinking through all this. You guys can rip me apart now.

:wave

Really nice analysis! Thanks for this.

@ earthdog...

4e8fc64314d8d70b1fb3d79264552671.gif

No one ripped the movie. Gee wiz. Good Hi Five though.

I realize I'm about to have 92739383490283 people crap on me for asking this question, but here goes anyway...

Would anyone consider parting out/selling me their porgs, if they don't want them?

Back