Hot Toys MMS 446 - The Last Jedi Rey (Jedi Training)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She looks kind of alien-ish… like her eyes are too far apart or something. Cannot put my finger on if that is it or not.
Kind of glad a year ago that I decided to not collect the Hot Toys Star Wars figures.

She is one of my favorite characters and this one would have been a disappointment.

Where are the pics some of you are talking about? I helped my little cousin make this his first hot toys purchase. I gotta say the video above doesnt resemble her much and this is coming from a non star wars fan who just watched the movie last friday.

daisy.jpg

Where are the pics some of you are talking about? I helped my little cousin make this his first hot toys purchase. I gotta say the video above doesnt resemble her much and this is coming from a non star wars fan who just watched the movie last friday.

View attachment 413331
The expression AND the lighting don't do for a good comparison. In the photo, she has a calm face. The hs is fierce, like the moment she pulls Kylo's lightsaber.

Its not as dead-on as I would have liked, but as most of them, I have to see it in person. And I will, since I preordered it.

Sent from my SM-T531 using Tapatalk

I thought the TFA version looks more like Daisy. Gonna wait for the E9 version.
Maybe I'll consider upgrading the HS at that point, but considering the whole package, I still think this is very good! She's my Battlefront II main hero. In this outfit.

Sent from my SM-T531 using Tapatalk

Why is it called “Rey Training”? She just fell in to water and decided not to put her hair back up. Maybe she lost her hair bands?

I hate to say it, but it looks like this is gonna be a pass for me, especially since The Last Jedi is the best Star Wars movie since Empire. Hot Toys really missed the mark this time. I have to agree with the person who said she looks like an alien in some of the blogger shots.

View attachment 413331

Her face isn’t square enough. Eyes are wrong shape and need to be bigger. Also eyes are too high up. Daisy’s face is kind of pinched and makes it seem like her forehead is even bigger. Hair looks too voluminous on top and thin under her ears. Eyebrows are too thin.

I have to say I think it looks great. I'd say it's pretty close to the proto. I really don't see much difference at all. I do see what someone meant by the eyes looking a little alien, but I think the likeness is still there.

I loved the movie so I'm eager to get this. It'll be the only TLJ figure I get unless they end up releasing Poe.

So, does this mean it'll be another month til Sideshow gets their lot?

I don't know that I've ever seen a better face sculpt. I mean, it's perfect. The porgs look just like they do in the movie! :rotfl

It will be nice to display her next to my Praetorian Guard when I get both of them. I preordered Rey from Sideshow and the guard from Big Bad Toy Store. Anyone have any idea when I could expect these to arrive (I live in the U.S.)?

I don't know that I've ever seen a better face sculpt. I mean, it's perfect. The porgs look just like they do in the movie! :rotfl

It will be nice to display her next to my Praetorian Guard when I get both of them. I preordered Rey from Sideshow and the guard from Big Bad Toy Store. Anyone have any idea when I could expect these to arrive (I live in the U.S.)?
A month?

I live in Costa Rica, and we tend to get ours two months after Secret Base.

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk

I have to say I think it looks great. I'd say it's pretty close to the proto. I really don't see much difference at all. I do see what someone meant by the eyes looking a little alien, but I think the likeness is still there.

I loved the movie so I'm eager to get this. It'll be the only TLJ figure I get unless they end up releasing Poe.

So, does this mean it'll be another month til Sideshow gets their lot?
It's not a perfect sculpt, but I agree the figure looks great. I've been on the fence, but I really like this look. I'd love to have it on the shelf.

The sculpt from The Force Awakens was better, honestly. I'll still be getting this, but the likeness was lacking something even in the prototype, unfortunately. The eyes are what need some work. I'm okay with the rest of the face.

^:lol :lol :lol

Yeah something is really off. I agree with the ‘alien’ comment a few people made.. her head is weirdly elongated and those are not Daisy’s eyes.

Back