Hot Toys MMS 446 - The Last Jedi Rey (Jedi Training)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing the film this evening, I agree with others that:

Spoiler Spoiler:

More from Tokyo

2006CE4477C94A058CC5.jpeg

61FEA428E15A4767A949.jpeg
Having conducted the same lighting test on Jyn, I notice the lightsource for these pictures is totally the worst possible. There's highlights in places that should be in shadow. That destroys the likeness.

We need proper pics.

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk

Agreed - that show lighting tends to make the figures look garish.

Even in the unflattering lighting, it still looks like a solid figure. Makes me wonder though....Are we going to see a more complete version down the line with a poncho, a tracking device, more force - gesture hands, an ancient jedi book or two? Now that we've seen the movie, it's plain to see how this figure could have been easily "deluxed" out for release...wonder why it wasn't?

Well, she didn't wear a poncho or have any of that stuff with this outfit. If they did, I imagine they'd do a re-release of the Resistance Rey.

Why is she called "Jedi Training" Rey? She doesn't wear that outfit any single time on Ach-to.
Moreover, the staff is useless with this figure since I guess she doesn't touch it in this outfit (If I remember correctly, saw the movie only 2 times).
Spoiler Spoiler:

Why is she called "Jedi Training" Rey? She doesn't wear that outfit any single time on Ach-to.
Moreover, the staff is useless with this figure since I guess she doesn't touch it in this outfit (If I remember correctly, saw the movie only 2 times).
Spoiler Spoiler:
Complaining about the staff being included is in tone with Star Wars "fans" of today. Its an accesory. It's cool that it's included.

Complaining about the staff being included is in tone with Star Wars "fans" of today. Its an accesory. It's cool that it's included.

I was not complaining. Just pointing out the fact that it would have been more "accurate" or useful to include actual accessories that could be displayed, especially the Handcuff with Kylo in the back. The more accessories you have the more expensive the figure is.

I loved the movie, far more than TFA, and I'd just be happy that they add some accessories.
My guess is that they created the prototype with few materials or shots so they added the staff "in case" and called her Jedi training Rey.
They will probably change some details on TLJ figures, take the Luke HS for instance.

Well, just as the name was misleading, they could have placeholder accesories, given that many would be spoilers.

Sorry for being on the defensive. Being a true Star Wars fan has been exhausting lately, first with EA's Battlefront II (which is a great game), and now with TLJ.

Shouldn't the figure name/thread title be amended to remove the "Jedi training" part?

There really is no Jedi training in TLJ - it's part of the gag.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Count me in as another TLJ supporter!

Spoiler Spoiler:

But yes, the "Jedi Training" thing is not right. "Jedi Training" Rey should be in her Resistance outfit plus poncho and swappable arm/wrist wrappings.

Still debating whether I would get this version or a future possible "true" jedi training Rey like HT hinted at in the Luke photos. This one looks great. I'll definitely be getting at least one of them!

Spoiler Spoiler:

But yes, the "Jedi Training" thing is not right. "Jedi Training" Rey should be in her Resistance outfit plus poncho and swappable arm/wrist wrappings.

Still debating whether I would get this version or a future possible "true" jedi training Rey like HT hinted at in the Luke photos. This one looks great. I'll definitely be getting at least one of them!

I’m definitely getting this version. The scene in the throne room was one of the most iconic moments in the film. I already have the Resistance outfit version. I’d be surprised if they released another one just to include the poncho.

Spoiler Spoiler:

i think the figure was named this because they weren't allowed to see the film, only given stills. so HTs probably didn't know much more than she would be possibly training with Luke and this was the outfit they were given permission to do. but that's just my guess.

There are jedi training and resistance outfit versions of the Hasbro black series figures. Therefore the naming is determined by Disney - they will control what information is permitted when advertising merchandise

Back