Hot Toys MMS 446 - The Last Jedi Rey (Jedi Training)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone recommend a type of glue to fix some of the arm wraps that are coming undone?

Thanks tonton. I heated up the jedi sculpt and peeled off her back hair and pony tail. Cut a chunk out of the awakens head and glued the pony tail on and did some cutting to match up the 2 pieces. :)

in my opinion I think with a different paint job The Last Jedi sculpt would be spot on

Wow!! Wonderful. So, you can give a piece of advice to Kathelen and JJ on my behalf? Be more creative and more passionate about the suits!! Evolution!! Innovation. I think they are quiteyou stuck in the designing department or both have no understanding or taste about how a character's outfit must progress. Rey is having basically the same outfit for the third time. Kylo as well. You suggested they will probably (you know they will) change outfits in the film, but that doesnt mean these designs are lazy. I know you belong to Disney company and you will defend their interests and marketing straregy. Not doubting about your skills or anything, just clarifying. But Lucasfilm nowadays are not doing things right and they are lost in the space, literally.

LOL..Well my job doesn't work exactly that way, I've never met them. I did however recently get to do a WIP walkthrough of Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland. Amazing stuff happening there, got to sit in the cockpit of the Falcon. Dream come true, it was still all primer on the inside but exciting none the less.

Lots of characters in SW just change ever so slightly...and are just variations of the same outfit. Anakin AOTC/ROTS basically the same, Obi-wan TPM/AOTC/ROTS and even ANH to some extent basically the same, Han Solo OT/PT Solo small variations of the same outfit, vest or jacket. Vader basically the same in every movie. Its nothing new for SW universe to do variations of the same outfit. same formula

Luke/Leia are actually is the ones who changed looks the most.

Last edited:
LOL..Well my job doesn't work exactly that way, I've never met them. I did however recently get to do a WIP walkthrough of Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland. Amazing stuff happening there, got to sit in the cockpit of the Falcon. Dream come true, it was still all primer on the inside but exciting none the less.

Lots of characters in SW just change ever so slightly...and are just variations of the same outfit. Anakin AOTC/ROTS basically the same, Obi-wan TPM/AOTC/ROTS and even ANH to some extent basically the same, Han Solo OT/PT Solo small variations of the same outfit, vest or jacket. Vader basically the same in every movie. Its nothing new for SW universe to do variations of the same outfit. same formula

Luke/Leia are actually is the ones who changed looks the most.

Amazing my friend. Is the cockpit of the MF prop/screen accurated in Galazy's Edge at Disneyland? It is any fan dream's coming true to feel like Han Solo in there. I am jealous of you in a very positive way!! :hi5:

Speaking about the Obi-wan's suit changes, they are subtle because it is a Jedi outfit, which should keep itself constant in a Jedi's life. But obi wan changes in many ways: Short hair with braid in ep 1, ep 2 longer hair and beard (transitioning an more wise look for the evolution of the character) and ep 3 alec guiness inspired look as it was meant to be the last stage until ep iv and the resemblance had to be there. The jedi outfit doesn't truly change from ep 1 to 2, but in ep 3 the skirt is longer, the betl is completely different, the lightsaber is meant to match Alec's (but with obvious aesthetical difference) and the boots are also different. It is a combination of what we saw in the prequel and what we saw in the OT. At the end, you feel a smooth and good evolution of an iconic character from a jedi padawan to jedi knigth to a final wise jedi master.
Anakin suffers those changes, at a bigger degree than you have explained: Ep 1 Anakin has the creamy/sand color for his outfit, standar kid's haircut and is meant to resemble Luke's appareance in EP IV (such a father, such a son). In ep 2, anakin has the padawan look: Hair braid for him, dark outfit but with an inner yellow/creamy shirt (meaning that he is strugly with both the dark which is increasing within and the light which is dying, symbolism) and the robe is sleeveless.
In ep 3, Anakin is portrayed with a different look: Mechanical hand covered by a glove, a jedi knight robe, full in brown inner shirt and the final Anakin's lightsaber. He has a scar over his eye showing his struggles during the Clone Wars and also his hair is showing, as Obi in ep 2, that he was already a Jedi Knight.

Darth Vader as seen in the movies, is meant to change too little since he is "more machine than a man", so the changes seen on screen on the outfit (apart from the fact that they had a bigger budget to make a better suit for him in ep V and VI), can be seen as technological upgrades.

Luke suffers the same journey: White outfit at the beginning to state his purity. Grey outfit in ep V to convey the strugle of light and dark and corruption of Luke towards the dark side (he failed the cave test, as said by Yoda), and ep VI fully dark and using dark side powers (choking Jabba's guards, attacking Jabba first force pulling a gun, being arrogant and almost falling in the dark side until he rejects facing the Emperor). In the final scene, you can see that Luke's shirt is opened and is white in the inner part, meaning that he has light inside of him, just as his father in the ep 2 outfit. He didn't fall to the dark side. He is balanced.

The ep VII outfit is well done under my point of view. Shows the balance of the force in him, even though the idea seems to have been rejected afterwards by Ryan Johnson. He has the beard of Obi Wan, a wise Jedi Master, the hair of Anakin, his father. The robes are earthy colors and white. The balance.

For George Lucas, visual symbolism was truly important. And showing that evolution on the character's outfit was crucial to tell his story. He was a visual storyteller, and that is why he used music throught all of his movies.

Disney, under my point of view, is overlooking these things that for George was just the chore of SW.

I am sorry for all this long post, but I wanted to explain myself!! :monkey3

I think you might be reading a lot more into those costume changes than was probably intended. Usually when costume designers come up with an outfit, it's to fit the tone and requirements of that particular movie. They gave Luke more of a military style outfit in ESB because he was going to be running around a lot on Dagobah training, and Vader a newer and shinier outfit because they had a lot more money and he was a more central character in that movie, etc.

In any case, I do see a similar evolution in Rey's look, as she goes from ratty desert clothes to a grayer Jedi-in-training look to more of a pure and noble hero in white.

J.J posted on his instagram a pic stating that the shooting of ep 9 has finished and Rey is seen with the outfit of the leaked pics. So they are 100 per cent real as our friend confirmed before.

Isn't it a bit late tfor principla photography to be finished. Will they be able to do CGI stuff in 7 months?

Isn't it a bit late tfor principla photography to be finished. Will they be able to do CGI stuff in 7 months?
Those films are well-oiled machines with a production that is so well organized.

Originally they were going to release it in May, if I'm not mistaken. It was only delayed because of the untimely passing of Carrie Fisher.

Sent from my SM-T531 using Tapatalk

Yeah it's not like during the OT where they would finish filming and then need another year or so to do the post-production and effects. These days they're starting on post-production a whole lot earlier, and film all the CG-heavy scenes at the very start. And plus I think they're just able to crank out the CGI a whole lot faster now to begin with.

Awesome job!! As a customizer myself too, I just can't tell you how great it turned out! :yess::clap That was one of the reasons why I didn't fully buy the TLJ figure and I went for parts of the original HT and created mine. I painted first version head a while back and last week I finished an improved second version. Now I am painting a third version. I wished HT kept a resemblance to the TFA sculpt which I love (I have both Jakku and Resistance Outfit), but improved. For me, the TLJ HS was just a step back. I respect those who love it!!! This is all about preference and loving what you see. Nobody must have the same taste!!! :)

I just got the Resistance Rey figure and im honestly pretty disappointed with the head sculpt of her face

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got the Resistance Rey figure and im honestly pretty disappointed with the head sculpt of her face

That is what I meant by saying it is a personal preference thing. HT has not still nailed the likeness of Daisy Ridley, but for me, the first release is better than TLJ one. If the TLJ were perfect, there would not a debate about the HS.

I prefer TFA sculpt as well. The expression on TLJ sculpt is less blank, but the shape of the head on TLJ sculpt throws it off for me. I feel it’s too long and narrow.

Much like Asmus' Bilbo, this sculpt benefits from a 3/4 view more than a straight on. I'm sure people will say that's a cop out on it being perfect, but there's no doubt who it's supposed to be when I look over at my shelf from here. So much so that it shows the significant weaknes of the TFA sculpt next to it.

IMG_6267.jpg
Rey and Luke together at last

Back