Hot Toys MMS 446 - The Last Jedi Rey (Jedi Training)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Suppose I wanted (in my perfectionism) this piece of fabric to fall down in a more rounded way...

...how would you accomplish it?
ff567e5569a1382f34d52e96939eb67d.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk

Have you tried a curling iron?

So tempted to get this, but really conflicted. The TFA Rey's production pics were what got me in this hobby, as they looked unrealistically lifelike. But the figure I received had all the life of a blow-up doll.

So I'm conflicted as to whether it's even worth it or if I'm just going to get burned again... That, plus I passionately hated TLJ.

But the sculpt here looks so good!!! Decisions, decisions...

If you like what you see in the in hand pictures in this thread, get it. This is one of those figures where what you see in others’ in hand pictures is exactly what you will see in hand as well. If you’re not overly impressed with what you see in others’ photos and hope that it will look better in person, then don’t get it, because it won’t.

I personally like TFA sculpt better.

If you like what you see in the in hand pictures in this thread, get it. This is one of those figures where what you see in others’ in hand pictures is exactly what you will see in hand as well. If you’re not overly impressed with what you see in others’ photos and hope that it will look better in person, then don’t get it, because it won’t.

I personally like TFA sculpt better.

Fair points, I guess I just really like the production and convention pics of the TLJ Rey, but the in-hand pics really run the gamut for me. Ah well, fool me once! ;)

Oof, sorry to hear that. Hopefully the stain is not too noticeable
It isn't, thank you for asking.

But... I think I learned my lesson. Don't experiment on something you can only afford one unit of. [emoji28]

If someone KNOWS how to do it and can teach me, that's something else.

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk

So tempted to get this, but really conflicted. The TFA Rey's production pics were what got me in this hobby, as they looked unrealistically lifelike. But the figure I received had all the life of a blow-up doll.

So I'm conflicted as to whether it's even worth it or if I'm just going to get burned again... That, plus I passionately hated TLJ.

But the sculpt here looks so good!!! Decisions, decisions...
Quick pic from unfinished posing and shelf design but maybe this will help you. She won't flip your world upside down, but if you want a good looking Rey and like the outfit then she'll fulfill your quota.
8294311185579c4a004a13e7c203a078.jpg

Thank you! That's actually a pretty amazing display, and you somehow made me a fan of the TFA Rey again! Guess presentation is everything... Did you do anything to touch her up?

You know, that sculpt is really selling me on the piece, I guess seeing them side by side, I'm realizing that my main issue with HT's Rey is that there's something off to me about her body... I can't quite put my finger on it

10% off with free global shipping for this "Jedi Rey" at SS..value dropping very fast for most of Sequels related characters.

Thank you! That's actually a pretty amazing display, and you somehow made me a fan of the TFA Rey again! Guess presentation is everything... Did you do anything to touch her up?

You know, that sculpt is really selling me on the piece, I guess seeing them side by side, I'm realizing that my main issue with HT's Rey is that there's something off to me about her body... I can't quite put my finger on it

Thank you! I want to repose the TLJ Rey; I literally just cobbled that pose together and haven't messed with it since July, as ashamed as I am to say that haha. As far as the TFA Rey, no, nothing has been modded on her. She's on a lower shelf so she gets a hair more shadow than the higher ups, which I presume sharpens some of the features up. I think one of the biggest problems is that the neck is a wee bit too thin compared to the head, so angles on display are important.

10% off with free global shipping for this "Jedi Rey" at SS..value dropping very fast for most of Sequels related characters.
At the same time though you have Infinity War Black Widow and the training armor Wonder Woman on sale with the same deal. So I don’t think it’s exclusively a problem with Sequel Trilogy characters. I do wonder how much of a hit merchandise from The Last Jedi has taken due to backlash from some fans though.

At the same time though you have Infinity War Black Widow and the training armor Wonder Woman on sale with the same deal. So I don’t think it’s exclusively a problem with Sequel Trilogy characters. I do wonder how much of a hit merchandise from The Last Jedi has taken due to backlash from some fans though.

Don't blame the fans for the fact that no one wants to buy crap from this movie. If anything blame the movie.

If it had been a solid film that was well liked by the masses and only hated on by fanboys, then no one would care. The film would still be popular and merchandise would still sell. But you've got to be blind if you don't see that this film's quality was divisive at best.

Don't blame the fans for the fact that no one wants to buy crap from this movie. If anything blame the movie.

If it had been a solid film that was well liked by the masses and only hated on by fanboys, then no one would care. The film would still be popular and merchandise would still sell. But you've got to be blind if you don't see that this film's quality was divisive at best.
I never blamed the fans, but okay? I’m not a big fan of The Last Jedi either for the record. I was just saying that I don’t think this figure being on sale is exclusively indicative of some not liking the film and the Sequel Trilogy as other popular characters are also on sale at the moment.

I never blamed the fans, but okay? I’m not a big fan of The Last Jedi either for the record. I was just saying that I don’t think this figure being on sale is exclusively indicative of some not liking the film and the Sequel Trilogy as other popular characters are also on sale at the moment.
Exactly.

Maybe its more like, these particular designs didn't strike a chord with as many people, since Jedi Training Rey was used only in the final third of the movie. Perhaps the Resistance Rey design would have been a better sell should they have used it on their Last Jedi run instead of as an exclusive.

Lets be honest: neither Training Wonder Woman not IW Black Widow are the best representation of their respective characters.

Sent from my SM-T531 using Tapatalk

Exactly.

Maybe its more like, these particular designs didn't strike a chord with as many people, since Jedi Training Rey was used only in the final third of the movie. Perhaps the Resistance Rey design would have been a better sell should they have used it on their Last Jedi run instead of as an exclusive.

Lets be honest: neither Training Wonder Woman not IW Black Widow are the best representation of their respective characters.

It it could also be that now, more than ever, our spending cash has so many directions to be torn in. And it’s only going to get worse as Hot Toys chases so many more lucrative franchises each year.
I don’t have the cash to get everything I’d like to buy. For every “kinda cool” figure , there will always be a “must have” alternative.
It cant just be me who has to choose purchases carefully.
And that has to also be a factor for many others.

I'm probably in the minority, but I thought that training Wonder Woman is the best representation of that character.

But let me clarify. When I say it's the best representation of that character, I simply mean it's the best representation of that character from that particular movie. To be fair, I'm not a fan of Wonder Woman as portrayed in comics, or comics for that matter, but I absolutely loved that Wonder Woman movie.

I can't be alone in this, and so I guess what I'm trying to say is that for people in my camp that like the movie and not necessarily past portrayals of that character, her training outfit is pretty iconic. Hell, I've been back and forth about getting it for a while, and the only thing holding me back is I know that once I pick her up, I have to get the rest of the Justice League for the completionist in me!

I bought BB8 from TLJ and will buy Phasma if they ever produce. But that's all for me from TLJ.

Quick pic from unfinished posing and shelf design but maybe this will help you. She won't flip your world upside down, but if you want a good looking Rey and like the outfit then she'll fulfill your quota.
8294311185579c4a004a13e7c203a078.jpg

You know when I first received this figure I thought the headsculpt likeness was totally different to the TFA sculpt. Looking at this picture I believe I was wrong. To me now it looks very similar...

...still love those boots.

Back