Hot Toys - MMS 333 - Star Wars Ep.VII - First Order Stormtrooper (Jakku Ex.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Ep.VII - First Order Stormtrooper (Jakku Ex.)

Is there any evidence yet that this combination is in the movie? It looks like they have just thrown a set of officers binoculars, a heavy gunner vest and a snowtrooper backpack along with the base from the OT sandtrooper and put it out there as an exclusive. Is there anything that is actually unique?

The box :lol

Don't forget the exclusive sticker!

Is there any evidence yet that this combination is in the movie?

Stormtrooper w- Snowtroop backpack 12-3-15 (1).jpg

What does it matter how many different trooper versions they end up doing? It's not like you need to buy them all. HT aren't going to make "build a trooper" sets where you get all the pauldrons, weapons, belts and packs separately and just create all the different versions. They wouldn't make anywhere near the same amount of money than they would making every trooper a separate release.

It would only be an issue if they chose troopers at the expense of making other characters in the film, but we already know Finn and Rey are coming and I'm sure they're working on all of the human characters, as well as another Chewie.

The officer does not have any ORANGE on him.

My bad, but just goes to show how they all blend together. Red's not far off the color scheme from orange. And it's what we would expect since most are familiar with the Sandtrooper.

"Desert mad bomber" exclusive?

I'm guessing he's using all those iPhones for nefarious purposes too.

If I were to get any trooper this would be it. No real reason other than I like the look of the heavy gunner paired with that rifle. Sand base is a nice touch as well.

The sand base seems to be the same as the OT Sandtrooper right? Hope we get some different sand bases with the other sandtroopers.

And to think just a few short months ago i thought i was going to collect all HT SW figures.

This is honestly my favorite combination on the new troopers so far and if I like them in the movie, this guy is bought

What does it matter how many different trooper versions they end up doing? It's not like you need to buy them all. HT aren't going to make "build a trooper" sets where you get all the pauldrons, weapons, belts and packs separately and just create all the different versions. They wouldn't make anywhere near the same amount of money than they would making every trooper a separate release.

It would only be an issue if they chose troopers at the expense of making other characters in the film, but we already know Finn and Rey are coming and I'm sure they're working on all of the human characters, as well as another Chewie.

Exactly. If they make it, you don't have to buy it.

I stopped pre-ordering troopers with the rubber under suit after Heavy Gunner and Storm Trooper set. The under suit durability along with the lack of articulatio with the current design made my choice easy. I may make an exception for Phasma if she turns out kick ass. More dolla for the OT releases....

[...]

I'm guessing he's using all those iPhones for nefarious purposes too.

She's got one for dealing Glitterstim Spice, one for her b*****s, and one for her homies.

And to think just a few short months ago i thought i was going to collect all HT SW figures.

LOL!! I think we're up to thirty releases right now, counting the rose-gold/copper trooper. Some of the releases being two-packs.

A perfect case of "careful what you wish for".

Is there any evidence yet that this combination is in the movie? It looks like they have just thrown a set of officers binoculars, a heavy gunner vest and a snowtrooper backpack along with the base from the OT sandtrooper and put it out there as an exclusive. Is there anything that is actually unique?

IMG_20151205_150001.jpg

The basis of this figure is on the far left.

I'll wait for the bronze and gold versions.

I preordered yesterday. I was considering picking up the heavy gunner but I prefer this one with the back pack. I can live without the heavy cannon as it looks kind of clunky to pose.

I hope we're coming to the end of trooper variants. With the squad leader, officer, Jakku trooper, snowie officer and flame trooper on order, I think I'm good for now.

I preordered yesterday. I was considering picking up the heavy gunner but I prefer this one with the back pack. I can live without the heavy cannon as it looks kind of clunky to pose.

I hope we're coming to the end of trooper variants. With the squad leader, officer, Jakku trooper, snowie officer and flame trooper on order, I think I'm good for now.

Still three more to come at least. Black Pauldron Snowtrooper, Riot Control Stormtrooper, Finn Stormtrooper.....

Still three more to come at least. Black Pauldron Snowtrooper, Riot Control Stormtrooper, Finn Stormtrooper.....

Don't forget about Black Pauldron Stormie and Elite Tie Pilot

Or the Stormtrooper from scene 24.

Back