Hot Toys - MMS 333 - Star Wars Ep.VII - First Order Stormtrooper (Jakku Ex.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Ep.VII - First Order Stormtrooper (Jakku Ex.)

Up for pre-order. I shall pass as I said this morning.

Any reason to believe this will sellout/WL any time soon? I'm REALLY on the fence on doing any troopers outside the OT.

Ordered. Will be the only figure I order till the movies out.

Any reason to believe this will sellout/WL any time soon? I'm REALLY on the fence on doing any troopers outside the OT.

Can never really tell. If you want it, order it. If you are ok with missing out, wait it out. Philosophy I use for purchasing.

Can never really tell. If you want it, order it. If you are ok with missing out, wait it out. Philosophy I use for purchasing.

Gah! I know that's the truth. Went ahead and ordered him. I prefer him to the 'heavy gunner' for some reason any way. Now, I'm debating whether to get the Iron Man, Mk 26 Gamma. Those IM exclusives seem to not be as hot lately.

If it sold out, would you really feel that bad or would it be more of a relief since you wouldn't be tempted. Just let it go, there's always going to be something else that you'll fancy in the future.

If it sold out, would you really feel that bad or would it be more of a relief since you wouldn't be tempted. Just let it go, there's always going to be something else that you'll fancy in the future.

This advice helped me. Thanks!

This has far surpassed Stark territory. At least with the HP line, they have more noticeable differences than these troops, and they have been coming out little by little AFTER the movie. At least then you can decide if a suit that had anywhere from a split second to 90 seconds of screen time is worth your 200/300/400-whatever dollars.

The only item that's unique to this set is the sand stand, and that will only remain unique until it's included with Finn :lol

I'm actually glad we are in Trooper overload. Takes the pressure off buying any immediately and gives me a little hope that maybe one or two of them can be picked up for cheap down the road. It'd be nice to just be able to buy my two favorite and then grab a few extra variants for fun down the line.

....or maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Ordered with some reward points. I like that this looks like the first order sandtrooper, lots of accessories & movie promos are usually the most limited.

I'm actually glad we are in Trooper overload. Takes the pressure off buying any immediately and gives me a little hope that maybe one or two of them can be picked up for cheap down the road. It'd be nice to just be able to buy my two favorite and then grab a few extra variants for fun down the line.

....or maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Exactly my thought. I'm sticking with the (more limited?) exclusive trooper figures for now. Too much good stuff coming out for me to jump on every non-exclusive.

I'm not ordering anything until I've seen the film, which is not far away now at all.

I love that they're releasing so many troopers, hopefully that just means they'll be a lot more that remain in stock for awhile and perhaps even get discounted down the line.

This is getting crazy. Worse than Iron Man IMO. Way worse. For all the variants, they could include just one figure and give it all the different supplies. Ridiculous, really. I have the plain First Order Trooper on order and I do want the officer with the orange shoulder pad and pockets, though. Don't know about the Gunner. All these variants of what is the same basic figure are really unnecessary, IMO.

You know the one of Finn is coming. Again, ridiculous - they are just trying to cash in any way they can. Maybe they can make short and tall versions next! Christ!

This is getting crazy. Worse than Iron Man IMO. Way worse. For all the variants, they could include just one figure and give it all the different supplies. Ridiculous, really. I have the plain First Order Trooper on order and I do want the officer with the orange shoulder pad and pockets, though. Don't know about the Gunner. All these variants of what is the same basic figure are really unnecessary, IMO.

You know the one of Finn is coming. Again, ridiculous - they are just trying to cash in any way they can. Maybe they can make short and tall versions next! Christ!

The officer does not have any ORANGE on him.

Yes, without fail, "movie promo" figures are made in far fewer numbers than other exclusives and always fetch a decent some on ebay. And with as popular as Star Wars is, this too will without question, despite being yet another stormtrooper.

And you guys thought Sideshow was bad with clones! :lol

I don't mind them releasing so many. I'm ready to embrace the onslaught of high-end Star Wars figures.

Is there any evidence yet that this combination is in the movie? It looks like they have just thrown a set of officers binoculars, a heavy gunner vest and a snowtrooper backpack along with the base from the OT sandtrooper and put it out there as an exclusive. Is there anything that is actually unique?

Back