1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry if this has already been covered, I tried looking back through the posts but couldn't really find anything. Do we know what the deal is between the "cracked" or non cracked bases? Are some suppose to be like that?

They're not really cracked per se. They have an appearance of crack lines, but I think it is from the adhesive they used to attach the clear surface to the base. Overall, I tithing they look fine either way. While the "cracking" is not intentional, it does add kind of an interesting effect.

Do you think $215 shipped is a good price for him?

I just received mine from Ebay last week - I scored him for 170 shipped (with no shipper T_T), but they guy briefly displayed him, and put him in the box. Overlal he looks brand new, no scruffs, scratches, broken pegs etc.

If you check Ebay each day you can find him for 170 to 190 BINs, if you play the auction game I've seen him end ~140 to 150 on the rare occasion. I think too many people bought this figure at launch and then once they learned HT may make one with the Adam Driver sculpt they started to get rid of them. Although based on the ebay market, I think people have picked up on him going for lower rates, so it's a lot harder to score a deal now. However if you keep searching you can find him for low!

Now I'm debating if I should get a pair of Storm Troopers or Snowtroopers to display for him.

I just received mine from Ebay last week - I scored him for 170 shipped (with no shipper T_T), but they guy briefly displayed him, and put him in the box. Overlal he looks brand new, no scruffs, scratches, broken pegs etc.

If you check Ebay each day you can find him for 170 to 190 BINs, if you play the auction game I've seen him end ~140 to 150 on the rare occasion. I think too many people bought this figure at launch and then once they learned HT may make one with the Adam Driver sculpt they started to get rid of them. Although based on the ebay market, I think people have picked up on him going for lower rates, so it's a lot harder to score a deal now. However if you keep searching you can find him for low!

Now I'm debating if I should get a pair of Storm Troopers or Snowtroopers to display for him.

Thanks I'll keep looking was gonna get him for Christmas. It's the Driver head sculpt for the 1/4 figure?

Thanks I'll keep looking was gonna get him for Christmas. It's the Driver head sculpt for the 1/4 figure?

Yeah, the sign said it was 1/6 scale but HT confirmed it was 1/4 scale.

I'm sure with the next movie there will be a 1/6 scale version of Kylo with his head, since Hot Toys always tries to maximize their sales.

I personally only plan to display him with the helmet on, so I have no gripes if another newer version comes out.

Yeah, the sign said it was 1/6 scale but HT confirmed it was 1/4 scale.

I'm sure with the next movie there will be a 1/6 scale version of Kylo with his head, since Hot Toys always tries to maximize their sales.

I personally only plan to display him with the helmet on, so I have no gripes if another newer version comes out.

Same I would only use the unmasked when I'm displaying with Han.

Getting a used figure is always a viable route also. In these cases, they're only really called "used" because they were taken out of the box. But most people don't really "use" them, they're just standing there on display, so they're not really being "used". Some of my figures were bought used and I see no difference between them and a brand new figure. Sometimes it's even better because you know what kind of condition the figure is in before you buy it, whereas brand new you never know what surprises lurk when you open the box.

Getting a used figure is always a viable route also. In these cases, they're only really called "used" because they were taken out of the box. But most people don't really "use" them, they're just standing there on display, so they're not really being "used". Some of my figures were bought used and I see no difference between them and a brand new figure. Sometimes it's even better because you know what kind of condition the figure is in before you buy it, whereas brand new you never know what surprises lurk when you open the box.

Really smart way to go about figures these days, a lot of them drop in price months after release when they don't sell out. It happens so much more than it used to.

Just lift his hood off the shoulders and you will clearly see the threads which hold it to the shirt. Just give each one a snip and HO PRESTO it comes right off.

What does cutting the hood do?
Don't need to cut the hood, just the cowl which is attached to the tunic on the chest, shoulders and middle of the back. If you look closely the stitching to be cut is obvious. Pop the head off and you can remove it easily then.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Don't need to cut the hood, just the cowl which is attached to the tunic on the chest, shoulders and middle of the back. If you look closely the stitching to be cut is obvious. Pop the head off and you can remove it easily then.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Does the cowl lay better when cut?

Back