1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got this in the mail yesterday! Actually won him from this years Spooktacular event Sideshow did. I had to go to a local coffee shop and take a selfie with the barista as part of the Soul Barrowing they did! For as simple as the design is I think Hot toys did a fantastic job getting the textures and layers of the cloak and outfit kylo wears. Mask looks fantastic even though I wish they would included an Adam Driver unmasked sculpt. The light up saber is cool but out of the box I had issues with the zipper to change out his arms. When I went to change out the arm for the light up one the zipper popped off the track and it took me the better part of an hour to get it back in line. Now that its fixed the LED arm is staying put and once the stock batteries die that's it for the light up feature!!

I haven't had much time to mess with it with all the Holiday festivities going but managed to take a few pics

IMG_2395.jpg
IMG_2400.jpg
IMG_2399.jpg

Finally picked him up can't wait. Also if it isn't too much trouble could someone list some mods to improve the figure thanks.

Hes pretty great right out of the box, i just hit him with the clothes steamer i have, made his robes nice and flat. You can use a tea pot if you dont have one. People will recommend the "water treatment" but its a process that just over complicates the same result.

Finally picked him up can't wait. Also if it isn't too much trouble could someone list some mods to improve the figure thanks.

If you want more variety, you can cut the threads holding on the shawl and hood. They will then be removable so you can display him with or without them.

Hes pretty great right out of the box, i just hit him with the clothes steamer i have, made his robes nice and flat. You can use a tea pot if you dont have one. People will recommend the "water treatment" but its a process that just over complicates the same result.

If you want more variety, you can cut the threads holding on the shawl and hood. They will then be removable so you can display him with or without them.

Thanks. Looks like he will be a good Christmas present.

This figure has tempted me for a while but I really feel like there was a lot of missed opportunities for accessories to make it better. I'd like a release with an unmasked sculpt first and foremost and the melted Vader helmet. I feel like if I get it now there will inevitably be a better version when the sequel comes out.

This figure has tempted me for a while but I really feel like there was a lot of missed opportunities for accessories to make it better. I'd like a release with an unmasked sculpt first and foremost and the melted Vader helmet. I feel like if I get it now there will inevitably be a better version when the sequel comes out.

There's going to be a 1/4 version with an unmasked sculpt and melted Vader helmet. Not sure when it'll be released though.

I'm guessing he's going to have a different costume in Episode 8. I keep away from spoilers but I heard one rumor it'll be different. So if you get this version, the next one will at least be based on another outfit. That's the reasoning I went with but I can understand if you only want one figure of the character.

With a little help my HT Kylo has both the unmasked sculpt and melty Vader helmet. :yess:

Back