1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe it is the SSC Deluxe Vader. It comes with an unmasked alt sculpt (which is actually really good for SSC) and a separated helmet w/ stand.

I like my Deluxe Vader. It has some accuracy issues as all Vader's do it seems but he looks good on the shelf. My only complaint is that damn pool noodle of a light saber they gave him.

You can also do this...

But then you take it right off.

The more I look at this figure the more I realize I have one major criticism with it and that is the chrome element to the helmet. To me it just looks so obviously painted on, like they just used a silver sharpie.

For what we paid for this guy it wouldn't have done them any harm to add an actual chrome effect, just so it looked like actual metal and not just silver paint.

The more I look at this figure the more I realize I have one major criticism with it and that is the chrome element to the helmet. To me it just looks so obviously painted on, like they just used a silver sharpie.

For what we paid for this guy it wouldn't have done them any harm to add an actual chrome effect, just so it looked like actual metal and not just silver paint.

Kylo Ren 2.0...:wink1:

Eh, not sure about that. Not when there's still plenty of the current Kylo to go around.
With Rogue One then Ep VIII, I think we could see a Ep VIII Kylo before 2.0 Ep VII. Just my guess.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Pics of my Kylo, great figure!

wxFVsp1.jpg

ZODXk0r.jpg

V33npuf.jpg

JvJK06C.jpg

yNhg61S.jpg

xJ3rQuv.jpg

I wonder how Sideshow's Hot Toys Kylo would stack up against the SH Figuarts, MAFEX, or Bandai Model kit versions.

I wonder how Sideshow's Hot Toys Kylo would stack up against the SH Figuarts, MAFEX, or Bandai Model kit versions.

I haven't seen the other versions, but HT is generally the leading producer in 1/6 scale figures. While they sometimes miss the mark on components that other companies nail, the figure as an aggregate whole tends to be the best one available.

I haven't seen the other versions, but HT is generally the leading producer in 1/6 scale figures. While they sometimes miss the mark on components that other companies nail, the figure as an aggregate whole tends to be the best one available.

I was just wondering if Hot Toys isn't just the only one. There's several other companies like Mezco and King Arts that also nail it pretty good, although their figures are half the size. To give you a brief rundown, here's the others for comparison:

Bandai Model Kit(upload does not work):
https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAwWDYwMA==/z/~eQAAOSw3mpXESBL/$_35.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Bandai SH Figuarts:
kylo-ren-figuarts-guerra-de-las-galaxias-vll-bandai-jp-101411-MLM20525935500_122015-F.jpg

Medicom MAFEX:
MafexKyloRen.jpg

Oh no, I know there's several other companies that nail down things pretty good. Like I said, better than HT in some aspects. I was just saying generally, as an aggregate whole for a figure of a particular character, HT's version usually tends to be the best one available.

For instance, just comparing straight stock figures out of the box, I think the hood on the Medicom Kylo based on that picture sits better on the sculpt than the HT version. Most people had to snip a thread on the hood on the HT version to get it to look that way.

Oh no, I know there's several other companies that nail down things pretty good. Like I said, better than HT in some aspects. I was just saying generally, as an aggregate whole for a figure of a particular character, HT's version usually tends to be the best one available.

For instance, just comparing straight stock figures out of the box, I think the hood on the Medicom Kylo based on that picture sits better on the sculpt than the HT version. Most people had to snip a thread on the hood on the HT version to get it to look that way.

Agreed, but I think HT beats everyone else (except the new Sideshow figures, and Medicom not being far behind) in terms of realism and detail. A sleeve that covers the arm articulation area seems much more eye-pleasing than all the obviously visible articulation areas you can see. Not to mention, the HT version has weathering effects on the helmet and lots of gray dents, while the others do not. The Medicom version is the only one that isn't 100% plastic, though it lacks the bendable wire features in the cloak.

They're also two different scales, which suit two different kinds of collection. MAFEX/SHF Ren makes sense if you want the figure for a 6" collection; HT is the only option if you want 1/6-scale.

Very nice! I like the last picture in particular. It reminds me of the scene just after he finished his lightsaber tantrum, when he calmly said, "The droid.....stole a freighter?"

Back