1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lecture

The first appearance of him in the village on Jakku at the very beginning of the film is probably my favorite scene of him. Full garb, flanked by troopers. He seemed the most imposing here to me.

"You know what I've come for."

Yep.

But I love the 'tantrum scene' personally. When he force-drags that guy across the grated floor. Awesome!

Yep.

But I love the 'tantrum scene' personally. When he force-drags that guy across the grated floor. Awesome!

Ah yes, that was cool also.

tumblr_o4hf7gNUEb1v4q2hwo2_1280.gif

"WHAT girl?" :lol

:lecture

The first appearance of him in the village on Jakku at the very beginning of the film is probably my favorite scene of him. Full garb, flanked by troopers. He seemed the most imposing here to me.

"You know what I've come for."

Certainly! The background music just complement his 1st appearance totally, nailed it!

"The map to Skywalker. We know you found it, and now you going to give it to the first order!"

Kylo Ren has been starting to grow on me the more I watch the movie.... He's still NO Vader though. His onscreen presence is no where near as menacing... Here's to hoping he evolves as he completes his training. The concept drawings are pretty cool too, and hopefully his look will evolve as well.

The fact that he doesn't look or feel as imposing as Vader IS THE WHOLE POINT of his character in TFA. I hope everyone is getting that. This trilogy is a whole new flavor from OT, just as the PT was. If anyone is looking for the ST to check of their OT boxes on character and feel before you like the ST entries, I'm afraid your going to be sorely disappointed.

It's interesting that the criticism of TFA seems to have rolled into two camps. Those who thought is was way too much like ANH, and those who thought it was way too little like ANH :lol.

The thing about a Star Wars movie is that you've got heroes you love all around that you are really pulling for, but it's the main villain who sets the tone. It's no different in TFA. While Vader's conflict was buried and dormant, Kylo's is RIGHT on the surface. Everyone who knows the Force knows this instantly when they encounter him, and IT DRIVES HIM CRAZY!! :lol it took Lor San Tekka about 4 seconds to start using it against him!

I would not look for Kylo's conflict to resolve itself so that he can walk around, Eps VIII and IX doing a Vader impression. I expect it to intensify the more he tries to squash it until it finally erupts (one way or the other) when he finally faces Rey one more time.

Last edited:
The fact that he doesn't look or feel as imposing as Vader IS THE WHOLE POINT of his character in TFA. I hope everyone is getting that. This trilogy is a whole new flavor from OT, just as the PT was. If anyone is looking for the ST to check of their OT boxes on character and feel before you like the ST entries, I'm afraid your going to be sorely disappointed.

It's interesting that the criticism of TFA seems to have rolled into two camps. Those who thought is was way too much like ANH, and those who thought it was way too little like ANH :lol.

The thing about a Star Wars movie is that you've got heroes you love all around that you are really pulling for, but it's the main villain who sets the tone. It's no different in TFA. While Vader's conflict was buried and dormant, Kylo's is RIGHT on the surface. Everyone who knows the Force knows this instantly when they encounter him, and IT DRIVES HIM CRAZY!! :lol it took Lor San Tekka about 4 seconds to start using it against him!

I would not look for Kylo's conflict to resolve itself so that he can walk around, Eps VIII and IX doing a Vader impression. I expect it to intensify the more he tries to squash it until it finally erupts (one way or the other) when he finally faces Rey one more time.

I concur. Well said, QGF.

Yes, QGF gets it.

"The conflict inside" is what these trilogies are always about. As Luke in 'Jedi' said, "I feel the conflict within you." -- and Anakin was clearly conflicted. This is the next tragic Skywalker. The Chosen One who's destined to be tormented until he can bridge the Light and Dark sides for both the Galaxy... and within himself.

Kylo Ren has been starting to grow on me the more I watch the movie.... He's still NO Vader though. His onscreen presence is no where near as menacing... Here's to hoping he evolves as he completes his training. The concept drawings are pretty cool too, and hopefully his look will evolve as well.

I agree..... I just meant visually/his presence on screen. He is and will continue to be a complex character which is great. Vader steps out onto the screen and immediately instills fear and intimidation. Visually. The complete opposite of Kylo Ren who looks like just a guy in a mask dressed in black. No fear until he acts. Poe shows/says it all making fun of him. He wasn't scared/showed fear in the least bit. I also didn't like how Kylo Ren crouched down to be at eye level with Poe. That's almost like suggesting their equals. He shouldv'e used the force and lifted him in the air like Vader would've done. Kylo Ren so far just isn't scarry to me. My wife said she cried when Vader come onscreen for the 1st time as a little girl, and Iv'e heard similar stories from others as well.... I don't think anyone can say that of Kylo Ren. The most memorable parts of movies are sometimes the impact the villains make... So far Snoke is the big bad, not Kylo.. And we didn't really see the Emperor untill Rotj, so Vader always held that spot...

But I loved the movie.... :yess: For me it was Rey as the standout/break through character though, not Kylo. And I usually like the villains.

Photo of mine. I wanted to use the "stop" hand, but i used it in a different way.

kylo.jpg

The humor with Klyo hurt the scene where Rey escapes though. Never should have repeated the earlier tantrum scene and showed those Stormtroopers reversing direction...which makes it funny. Took all the power out. Should have had a big swell of dark music instead with the camera staying in the room as he comes apart.

Last edited:
My favorite humor line in TFA came of course, from Han Solo.

"Move ball!" (Referring to BB-8) :lol

That sums up the way Han talks. I can't remember the exact line but when he tells Finn something about 'women always find you out'... so true.

That sums up the way Han talks. I can't remember the exact line but when he tells Finn something about 'women always find you out'... so true.

I recall what part you were referring to. I remember Han starting it off by saying something along the lines of, "Yeah that's great, Big Deal, but you got a bigger problem on your hands..." :lol

But yes, females are quite perspicacious. A lot more so than what guys give them credit for and realize.

Nice pics. I have to express the OCD I possess though. I can't stand seeing an ignited saber in hand and the hilt affixed to his belt. ARRRGGGHHH!!!! :lol

Back