1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
d8a5dbf1a039c15589d13288bb61fcfc.gif

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

LOL Thanks guys. :) I'll look into the one serious post - would like to see other work.

Just unboxed my Kylo tho -- super stoked to get him posed up!

Well a couple days after doing the water treatment on the flaps in front, theyre back to being pretty wrinkled. Lol

Mine just arrived. He is soo nicely done. Now the worst part. Pick some cool pose and do not change it at least for a week.

Mine just arrived. He is soo nicely done. Now the worst part. Pick some cool pose and do not change it at least for a week.

I've had mine since late January and he's only been in two poses thus far. Started out with the "talk to the hand" pose, which lasted about a week, then changed him to his current pose.

Ok..I'm lazy. How do you get the outer robes off and by doing so do you destroy them or make figure so they cannot be put back on??
Thanks!

Here's my current pose, a little boring but I wanted to get him setup quick and in the Detolf.

vvcCLtB.jpg

I was worried when using the zipper as it was sorta getting stuck but im glad it's tough and not flimsy. It didn't rip off thankfully, haha.

Ok..I'm lazy. How do you get the outer robes off and by doing so do you destroy them or make figure so they cannot be put back on??
Thanks!
db69dfc6d9ca1c6952f1c2e109afe368.jpg

This is quite a few pages back, I screen shot it for reference, it's quite easy taking it on and off.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

wheres the 2.0? need an unmasked ver

Its too early. The last one just came out. I cant see this being announced before next year. MAYBE late this year, for release sometime next fall or so before ep8 hits. They want to sell as many of this one as they cant. Its still not sold out which tells me its not in high demand.

Its too early. The last one just came out. I cant see this being announced before next year. MAYBE late this year, for release sometime next fall or so before ep8 hits. They want to sell as many of this one as they cant. Its still not sold out which tells me its not in high demand.

:exactly:

Watching the digital gave me some ideas how to futz his hood.

I tell you they did a hell of a job on the digital release. The blu Ray is going to be a gem to have in your collection no matter where you get it from.

Bravo Disney :hi5:

After looking at Kylo Ren in one of the deleted scene, I start to love my Kylo more.
Kylo Ren.jpg
8c65e0782c5ed481ec48b4bb047baf37.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Follow my Instagram: mirai_ernest

After watching it in HD, I really appreciate how HT nailed the figure, except with a glaring issue, the hood is too thick. It really was thinner in the movie because it bounced around his head like a paper towel each time he moved his head, especially walking.

HT nailed the design with the pattern, but the hoodie is too stiff, now with the water treatment it loosened up a lot but maybe if they made the material just a little more softer like SSC Luke Jedi robe than maybe..

Also I really wish those the biggest best of luck that got the Cregg Driver sculpt . If really is coming down to the paint job on it to capture Kylo unmasked because the tones are going to be a huge factor. Watching in HD, I didn't realize how defined the wrinkles and contours of Adam's face are as Ren, especially how the light hit his face. He has a lot of freckles or bumps without the goatee and they are different colors.

It really comes down to nailing the proper flesh tones with Driver's face, you can't just use one type of flesh paint. He will need a lot of washes around his eyes.

Last edited:
It really is a killer figure. At first I was kind of 'meh' towards it and thought it was a little boring. But in hand the detail work, sculpt, etc are all very nice. And he looks great flanked by my troopers.

It really is a killer figure. At first I was kind of 'meh' towards it and thought it was a little boring. But in hand the detail work, sculpt, etc are all very nice. And he looks great flanked by my troopers.

:lecture

The first appearance of him in the village on Jakku at the very beginning of the film is probably my favorite scene of him. Full garb, flanked by troopers. He seemed the most imposing here to me.

"You know what I've come for."

Back