1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How easy/hard is it to get replacement parts from Sideshow? My Kylo Light arm had a piece fall off (sticks out of the saber hilt, just below his hand). Took a picture of it and am going to try to talk to them tomorrow.
The little piece is in the picture as well.

kylo_saberissue.jpg

Can you put it back on with a tiny bit of super glue? I am always having something fall off these things and it is just easier to fix it myself most of the time.

Yea I was going to go with that, had my tools out and everything, but I thought the piece "stuck" into the slot, which would make it slightly easier. Doesn't look like it does so I was looking for an out.
I'll give it a go tomorrow, right after I explain to the lady where the second expensive figure came from.
Bespin Luke being the other.

If you reverse him on the stand you can allow the front to hang all the way down and dry a bit more straight.

Cheers but I'm happy with it as is. If it rides up too much as it dries I'll just do that bit again. :duff

Looks great!! I wish someone would do a video on how to do the water treatment. :)

Thank you. :duff

SO easy! Especially on this piece. Personally, I removed the belt and saber and then I submerged the bottom two thirds of the whole thing in a bowl of cold water. Upended it to drain the boots and then stood him back up. I then poured warm water from a jug from the top of his head and then over his shoulders and finally down over the cloak. It really hangs itself to be honest if you're not not fussy but then just play about with it as you want to. Basically followed the tutorial that Guyver kindly posted.

Snipped the hood too of course. Really a vast improvement.

Last edited:
Cheers but I'm happy with it as is. If it rides up too much as it dries I'll just do that but again.

Thank you. :duff

SO easy! Especially on this piece. Personally, I removed the belt and saber and then I submerged the bottom two thirds of the whole thing in a bowl of cold water. Upended it to drain the boots and then stood him back up. I then poured warm water from a jug from the top of his head and then over his shoulders and finally down over the cloak. It really hangs itself to be honest if you're not not fussy but then just play about with it as you want to. Basically followed the tutorial that Guyver kindly posted.

Snipped the hood too of course. Really a vast improvement.

awesome !! Thanks for the reply bro. I'll try this tonight :)

That looks so much better after the water treatment. Do you have to let the material naturally dry?

A visual guide would be great.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Pre and post water treatment and hood snip although not yet dry.

Before:

ecff0e50435b858df0f9924aeb03201a_zps82uaehoz.jpg

After:

a3b63f55b8437a51fb4361a12176687c_zpsn9xlqkc4.jpg

fce1725a1775f5ef12c9e77124a23bfd_zpspdiqbbhf.jpg

There you go! Looks great! Whatever works right. I saw the initial tutorial and of course added my own techniques :hi5:

In addition to what you did, I took the whole hood and scarf and submerged it into the water, to get rid of that tacky substance that was making the hood seem rough, then after that, I poured water over the figure with the hood on fitted and I did this over and over until it had the constituency of a sponge, but then I let it dry an extra day. At first I thought oh S#### did I drench this too much. Obviously it worked out perfectly, cause now I can pretty much contort the hood into more fluent looks

That looks so much better after the water treatment. Do you have to let the material naturally dry?

A visual guide would be great.

00dad482d3262ea9a112fc54c99806fb.gif

Stand him outside on a rainy day for an hour, then bring inside.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm going to try it out tomorrow. I will post pictures up and show how to do it.
Has everyone had the same results? Does the robes drape more natural and completely straight unlike the robe straight out of the box?

Lol no. I really don't mod my figures. Chewbacca has been the only one I've slightly altered. [emoji6] Water treatment has never been an option for me until now.

Back