1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you only soak the outer robes? It looks so straight. Nice job!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Did you only soak the outer robes? It looks so straight. Nice job!

If you are talking about mine

I soaked everything. Including submerging, dunking the hood. I took off the belt because I didn't want the leather to get possibly musted up.

Last edited:
I know people have said the height is accurate but nothing will convince me this figure isn't oversized. I have a spare Sandtrooper body, was wondering about putting the outfit on that.

My only concern with the water treatment methods are shrinkage to the garments. I know my wife can do this without trying to my clothes when washed and put in the dryer.:lecture

My only concern with the water treatment methods are shrinkage to the garments. I know my wife can do this without trying to my clothes when washed and put in the dryer.:lecture

Happens all the time when you put stuff in the dryer. Stuff doesn't shrink, (perhaps residual to t shirts and the like), when it hang drys or similar.

Lol no. I really don't mod my figures. Chewbacca has been the only one I've slightly altered. [emoji6] Water treatment has never been an option for me until now.

I can relate. I'm one to generally keep my figures stock as well without doing any mods. Hard to explain, but for some reason I like knowing they are as they were the first day I got them right out of the box.

My general rule is that if it's something that simply doesn't bother me, then I won't mod it. Being that I like to keep them stock, it takes a lot to really bother me. Something just has to be an utter abomination or eyesore in order for me to take action.

I can relate. I'm one to generally keep my figures stock as well without doing any mods. Hard to explain, but for some reason I like knowing they are as they were the first day I got them right out of the box.

My general rule is that if it's something that simply doesn't bother me, then I won't mod it. Being that I like to keep them stock, it takes a lot to really bother me. Something just has to be an utter abomination or eyesore in order for me to take action.

Not hard, used to be called "neat freak", now called OCD.

"You call that a Knife?"

I never mod any figure. If It needs a mod to be good, than I don't buy it. All my figures remain "as they were right out of the box".

In that sense, I do believe I'm a bit OCD.

It takes a lot to bother me too.

Needing to mod small details so it looks perfect is too OCD, even for me.

:)

Needing to mod small details so it looks perfect is too OCD, even for me.

That's how I look at it. If anything, I'd call that more OCD than simply not modding something if it doesn't bother you. I've had plenty of people get a kick out of the figures and marvel at the detail and accuracy just as they are stock.

With this hobby, like anything else, there's no one "right" way to do it. Some live for modding, some prefer stock, some even leave their figures MISB and never open them (don't ask why, I don't know either). Everyone has their own preferred method and as long as it works for you, then there's no need to deviate.

That's how I look at it. If anything, I'd call that more OCD than simply not modding something if it doesn't bother you. I've had plenty of people get a kick out of the figures and marvel at the detail and accuracy just as they are stock. .

Modding is super OCD, absolutely. Especially when you spend $200-$300 to start. :lol

It's the ying and yang of OCD. Too OCD that you don't want to touch your expensive doll and ruin it and too OCD that you need your expensive doll to be perfect by way of mods (and therefore even more expensive).

I'd rather the figure be perfect enough right out of the box. Modding can be fun, but also stressful.

That's how I look at it. If anything, I'd call that more OCD than simply not modding something if it doesn't bother you. I've had plenty of people get a kick out of the figures and marvel at the detail and accuracy just as they are stock.

With this hobby, like anything else, there's no one "right" way to do it. Some live for modding, some prefer stock, some even leave their figures MISB and never open them (don't ask why, I don't know either). Everyone has their own preferred method and as long as it works for you, then there's no need to deviate.

Modding is super OCD, absolutely. Especially when you spend $200-$300 to start. :lol

I completely agree. There is no right way to collecting. Whatever makes you tick.

Not sure if I sounded right, I was trying to make a joke (English in not my first language). Lol

But to tell you the truth, I do believe that the collecting impulse, which is the aspect that bind us all, has an OCD component.

I read somewhere that one of the main drives in collecting is to have power (and ownership) over abstract concepts that resonates in us.

It's the ying and yang of OCD. Too OCD that you don't want to touch your expensive doll and ruin it and too OCD that you need your expensive doll to be perfect by way of mods (and therefore even more expensive).

I'd rather the figure be perfect enough right out of the box. Modding can be fun, but also stressful.

ding ding ding, couldn't agree more w/ this TonTon! :D

This sounds about right to me also. :lol

i dont usualy mod, my excuse is pure laziness

(but really i just dont have the time to devote that much to this hobby unless i wanna drop another hobby lol)

Agreed!

I do believe that the collecting impulse, which is the aspect that bind us all, has an OCD component.

I read somewhere that one of the main drives in collecting is to have power (and ownership) over abstract concepts that resonates in us.

Yep!

It's on the autism spectrum too.

If I ever mod a figure, it's never right out of the box. Usually I have to have a figure for at least a year before I get to that point. It has to be fairly simple too. I'm not cracking any heads open...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back