1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey I'm wondering If anyone has any tips for swapping the hands over with a bit more ease ?

At the minute it's a real fight to remove the hands and put others on . This is my first Hot Toys figure but I own a few of the older sideshow Star Wars figures and never had any issues with their hands .

Any help appreciated.

Hey I'm wondering If anyone has any tips for swapping the hands over with a bit more ease ?

At the minute it's a real fight to remove the hands and put others on . This is my first Hot Toys figure but I own a few of the older sideshow Star Wars figures and never had any issues with their hands .

Any help appreciated.

A helpful trick is to run hot water over the hand and peg in order to separate them if you're finding it difficult. The peg becomes much easier remove from the hand.

A helpful trick is to run hot water over the hand and peg in order to separate them if you're finding it difficult. The peg becomes much easier remove from the hand.
thanks I'll give that a whirl tomorrow morning .

Not sure if you're comfortable using pliers, but I usually find it easier to take the peg out of the arm, put the peg into the hand first and then put the hand with the peg in it into the socket in the arm. As opposed to attempting to put the hand on the arm while the peg is still on the arm.

Never used pliers before would be to afraid of breaking something haha. Used the hot water trick and it has made things a lot easier..

giphy.gif

Took some pics now I've got him displayed with a Stormtrooper! They're only crappy iPhone pics though so quality is not great.

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_2961.jpg

IMG_2970.JPG

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

IMG_2964.jpg

Getting this figure has made me want some first order troopers , also wish there was a custom Adam Driver head available somewhere .

Maybe HT will release a separate figure later on or something.

Sorry I'm new to the forums how do I share my pics of Kylo and my other figures ? I have Imgur but not sure how to use the forums properly .

So my Kylo was a complete disaster upon removal from the box. First, his head fell right off - the glue had dried up, I guess...anyway that's an easy fix. I shouldn't have to be making it, but easy. The biggest mess was the electronic arm with the lightsaber. In my struggle to roll up his sleeve, the zipper came off the figure and completely disappeared. I've crawled over the rug in my living room for two days looking for it to no avail. So, now the sleeve is completely unzipped and stays completely spread open. Plus, the electronic arm is very loose at the connection, and when you pose the arm, it constantly comes out of the joint. Should I just ask for an exchange or a replacement zipper?

Took some pics now I've got him displayed with a Stormtrooper! They're only crappy iPhone pics though so quality is not great.

View attachment 249742

Nice! My Ren is in a similar pose. I had a hard time deciding whether to keep the hood on or off, Kylo looks good both ways.

I was going to attach the light up saber arm but I accidently stripped the screw. Oh well, probably for the best.

Is that Emperor (in the back) from SSC? I assume Hot Toys will eventually produce one as part of their Star Wars line when they get to ROTJ.

Back