1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard having a free FedEx account reduces some of the charge too, some kind of handling fee. Probably not retroactive but worth looking into.

I heard having a free FedEx account reduces some of the charge too, some kind of handling fee. Probably not retroactive but worth looking into.

"Save up to 16% on eligible FedEx Express U.S. and international services.
Save up to 8% on eligible FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery services.
Save 60% on eligible FedEx Freight services.
"

Not sure how it works though, is there some way to link your order and tracking number to your account?

"Save up to 16% on eligible FedEx Express U.S. and international services.
Save up to 8% on eligible FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery services.
Save 60% on eligible FedEx Freight services.
"

Not sure how it works though, is there some way to link your order and tracking number to your account?

With Sideshow I think you have to provide them with your FedEx account info maybe? Someone else from abroad can chime in with clearer info.

I have a fedex account with card payment on file.
I just gave ss fedex account number and they did the rest.

A friend of mine was at Downtown Disney late last week and took this picture. One of the stores had this display set-up in the large window. I have my Kylo figure in the exact same pose, coincidentally.

image.jpeg

That scene was undoubtedly more epic and carried more weight, but he was more boss in the opening scene. :lol

Watching that scene in its entirety again makes me appreciate what Abrams brought to this film. I love that he went back to traditional style of saber duels more slow and raw based. I thought the PT duels were great but they seemed too much like ballet. I liked how Rey kept lunging at Ren showing how inexperienced she was. Finn did the same thing.

Also I must admit that it annoyed me how Lucas made every saber sound the same in the PT, like Luke's green saber, especially the motion sound of the sabers clashing each other.

The OT was unique because Vader, Obiwan and Luke's blue saber sounds were more subtle. I'm happy that Abrams went more with the traditional sounds of the sabers.

Watching that scene in its entirety again makes me appreciate what Abrams brought to this film. I love that he went back to traditional style of saber duels more slow and raw based. I thought the PT duels were great but they seemed too much like ballet. I liked how Rey kept lunging at Ren showing how inexperienced she was. Finn did the same thing.

Also I must admit that it annoyed me how Lucas made every saber sound the same in the PT, like Luke's green saber, especially the motion sound of the sabers clashing each other.

The OT was unique because Vader, Obiwan and Luke's blue saber sounds were more subtle. I'm happy that Abrams went more with the traditional sounds of the sabers.

I actually like the contrast in saber duels between the PT and the OT/TFA, because it makes sense that there would be. The PT was essentially the apex of the Jedi Order; a craft that had been perfected based on the knowledge and teachings for thousands of years passed down. With that, it makes sense that they (Qui-Gon, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Windu, etc.) would be experts at the craft and be extremely graceful and adept at saber combat.

Anyone in the new Jedi Order would essentially be taught on Luke's teachings, and I don't think even Luke himself had very graceful saber skills. Kylo I believe strayed before he even completed his training with Luke and went down his own path, so it also makes sense that his saber skills would also be somewhat maladroit. Very powerful within The Force as he demonstrated several times throughout the film, but not the best at saber combat.

But yeah, I also love the saber sounds in the final saber showdown with Rey.

Awesome! Got the Jakku-trooper to his left as well. That's the set-up I'm going for.

I know, I was excited as well to see the Jakku Stormie (kind of diggin' the pose also) on his left when he sent me the picture. At first I thought it was a large window poster, but he said it was indeed a display with mannequins and the lit lightsaber. I too thought it would be a great model to use for a set-up for the figures.

I already have my Kylo in that pose and I have a Jakku Stormie, a regular Stormie and the HG Stormie, so I think I could make it happen.

Here are some other photos of it that I found. It seems to be quite something to behold.

image.jpeg

image.jpg

I actually like the contrast in saber duels between the PT and the OT/TFA, because it makes sense that there would be. The PT was essentially the apex of the Jedi Order; a craft that had been perfected based on the knowledge and teachings for thousands of years passed down. With that, it makes sense that they (Qui-Gon, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Windu, etc.) would be experts at the craft and be extremely graceful and adept at saber combat.

Anyone in the new Jedi Order would essentially be taught on Luke's teachings, and I don't think even Luke himself had very graceful saber skills. Kylo I believe strayed before he even completed his training with Luke and went down his own path, so it also makes sense that his saber skills would also be somewhat maladroit. Very powerful within The Force as he demonstrated several times throughout the film, but not the best at saber combat.

But yeah, I also love the saber sounds in the final saber showdown with Rey.

Yeah I guess your right, this was the time of the Jedi in the PT so naturally the skills would be top notch

attachment.php

attachment.php

image.jpg

This would look better in the dark with the LED saber arm in, but I'm not about to mess with the zipper and swap it in. The only other Stormie figure I have is the HG, but he's not in the Downtown Disney display so I just used the boxes to give the illusion that there's a couple of other Stormies behind Kylo. Anyone who has a Jakku Stormie and a regular Stormie and has their LED saber arm in their Kylo, I'd love to see hem replicate that Downtown Disney set-up in the dark!

Tried to get the pose of the Stormies as close as I could, but the stiff joints prove to be a hinderance.

Really? They are really cheap here. You can get like 20 for £2.

20 for whatever that equals to u.s. dollars is a great deal. In the states one averages $5 a piece :slap

Lucky I got a deal they had a sale three for $13 usd. That's not expensive but c'mon I could get two or three fast food meal deals or a whole pizza for that price :lol

20 for whatever that equals to u.s. dollars is a great deal. In the states one averages $5 a piece :slap

Lucky I got a deal they had a sale three for $13 usd. That's not expensive but c'mon I could get two or three fast food meal deals or a whole pizza for that price :lol

$1.43

Back