1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favourite look is without hood, stomping around the Starkiller base. I did a bit more work on the body last night. iPhone pics.

1_zpsnwe9qhho.jpg
3_zpsa4reufv3.jpg
2_zpsvlbkykce.jpg

Very nice. Sorry if this has been asked, but if the hood is removed, can it be put back in place and look fine if you want the hood up look? I like the idea of having options.
Excellent as always Rory!

What did you do to the body, might want to try

Thanks guys.
Yes, there are only 4-5 small stitches holding the hood in place. You can simply pop it back on when you want. The fabric tends to be bumpy underneath from the stitches. It pulls a little from the pressure. So what i did was carefully cut the stitches with a sharp blade top, then I got the entire top layer off the body and wet it. If you squeeze it when it's damp you can get rid of any marks left from the stitches. It's actually very versatile and hardy. One I got it back on, I wanted to raise the shoulders a little so added padding over the shoulder area, The neck is two thin long but you can also pad that out to make it look like there is a head/neck inside.

[...]The neck is two thin long but you can also pad that out to make it look like there is a head/neck inside.

That's my primary gripe with this figure, along with a sneaking suspicion the helmet is too small. Yours is looking great, though...your futzing has done its work.

That's my primary gripe with this figure, along with a sneaking suspicion the helmet is too small. Yours is looking great, though...your futzing has done its work.

Thanks man, once you take the hood off, the helmet looks correct. The hood fabric (as nice as it is) is a bit too thick, and that's why the neck needs a bit of fixing to compensate. It's super easy though, the pleated neck piece stretches out easily when you insert some foam padding.

I think this is the best out of the box figure I have ever purchased! Like he automatically looked awesome without any posing or futzing etc.

I got mine last night (finally!) Yes it is a great looking figure and poses well. The only drawback I can think of is the lack of accessories. I wish it came with more hands and a melted Darth Vader helmet or alternate head.

My favourite look is without hood, stomping around the Starkiller base. I did a bit more work on the body last night. iPhone pics.

1_zpsnwe9qhho.jpg

Damn you -- that looks like a guy in costume. Always marvel at your poses. Now I must do the shoulder and neck mods. Dammit.

How does the material overall respond to water-treatment? The bottom of my robes are all tweaked and twisted, would like to get more of a realistic flow rather than the stuck-in-the-box-for-a-month look.

Damn you -- that looks like a guy in costume. Always marvel at your poses. Now I must do the shoulder and neck mods. Dammit.

How does the material overall respond to water-treatment? The bottom of my robes are all tweaked and twisted, would like to get more of a realistic flow rather than the stuck-in-the-box-for-a-month look.

:lol
Thanks man, the fabric is very very easy to work with. After I cut the stitches that attach the hood, it left some fabric pulls, not rips or anything just where the fabric had stretched a little. Even though it's printed with that shiny texture, it still absorbs water. I just dampened the bumpy bits and squeezed with my fingers from both sides. Super easy. And yeah the robes lose that in-box look easily enough as well.

:lol
Thanks man, the fabric is very very easy to work with. After I cut the stitches that attach the hood, it left some fabric pulls, not rips or anything just where the fabric had stretched a little. Even though it's printed with that shiny texture, it still absorbs water. I just dampened the bumpy bits and squeezed with my fingers from both sides. Super easy. And yeah the robes lose that in-box look easily enough as well.

Did you soak the full tunic/robe thing? How the hell do you get it off?

Back