1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 318 - Star Wars Ep.VII - First Order Heavy Gunner Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys First Order Heavy Gunner Stormtrooper

I have to hold steady and not pull the trigger on these.

If you did it would probably be non-lethal. ;)

Everyone will forever remember the day they first realized that they would never have the money to put their kids through college.

Geezz HT will make about 25 figures from this movie if they are doing so many stormtrooper variants. Will make AoU line look small!

Do you think they'll be NRDs for these from SSC

Here is a preview of prices, looks like they will start around $240.00

prices new figures.jpg

Well, that was smaller than I thought lol. But the troopers are 29,000 yen (240-ish) - 35000 yen (290-ish). And the 2pk is 55,000 yen (460-ish)

I figured with Disney at the helm of the Force Awkens license that prices would be higher than other Star Wars release.

No thanks.....OUT!

Not the original trilogy, not at those prices.

Already $600 for trooper commander exclusive on ebay

Hopefully the rubber on that particular unit starts decaying after six months :wink1:

You can't derive US pricing from the Japanese pricing using the exchange rate of the Yen. It might work out the same, it might be lower or might even be higher - it's an unknown. Just saying.

I honestly can't see the pricing of the First Order Troopers being that much higher than the Original Trilogy Troopers. The $220 price point has been standard for all the Troopers so far except the regular Storm Troopers which were $200. Kylo Ren I could see being around $230-$240.

I honestly can't see the pricing of the First Order Troopers being that much higher than the Original Trilogy Troopers. The $220 price point has been standard for all the Troopers so far except the regular Storm Troopers which were $200. Kylo Ren I could see being around $230-$240.
It won't be as high as people are thinking. The standard Force Awaken Trooper is selling for $180 over at HK. That's for the TRU Exclusive one. A standard trooper on Sideshow will probably be $220ish just like the ones from the OT. The Gunner version I can see being $240 but the prices being pulled from that Japanese listing isn't going to be 100% accurate.

I never bought a clean white Clonetrooper from the PT... so buying a clean white Ducktrooper from the ST makes little sense.

The re-working of the Stormtroopers is so familiar to how the Daleks were updated-basically making them fatter.

Re: MMS 318 - Hot Toys First Order Heavy Gunner Stormtrooper

Mmm.... Not sure I need the heavy gunner, a couple of the regulars and then wait for the snow troop and flame trooper to come up

I don't think that's a coincidence. ;) The black and white decor on the weapons is otherwise off-putting if only from a practicality standpoint. It looks a bit forced to me.

I'm sure it is not a coincidence. There was a meeting at Disney discussing the possible merchandise to make for sure, and thus the TFA future weapons too. It is not too easy with the new gun laws to have Sterling, Mauser, MG-34, Webley etc. like blasters, as opposed to ones that already look like toys or Nerf guns. Easy choice for Disney. At least on Rogue One they have to stick more with OT type blasters though

Why do I suddenly wish I'd bought an Iron Man MILK edition years ago to command my new trooper forces? :lol

Back