Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Depends which Batman movie / Batsuit design you prefer. Personally I prefer Batman Returns as a movie but I prefer the look of the 1989 Batsuit.

If you want to pose your figure though I would go for the Returns figure easily, Its the first time in a while I have handled my 89 Bats and man does his articulation suck! Basically you cant pose 89 Bats in any other pose other the standing bolt upright with his arms down by his side, the lack of ratcheted joints on the 89 body means the rubber suit simply pushed the arm/leg back to its original position, this is not helped with the body underneath probably getting looser and the rubber suit getting harder over time. The Returns figure does have ratcheted joins so the rubber suit cant force the leg/arm back, meaning the fig can be put in a number of different poses.

Batman Returns Bat Sign on his chest is also better imo.

Wow the legs have ratchet joints too, I know they probably aren't the best, but at least they can hold a kicking pose somewhat right? Couldn't get the DX09 to hold anykind of movement no matter what I tried :slap

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Arguably no figure looks cooler in a museum pose than Keaton Batman anyway so I can live with the restricted articulation even though there could have been a way to do it better.

Arguably no figure looks cooler in a museum pose than Keaton Batman anyway so I can live with the restricted articulation even though there could have been a way to do it better.

That is why I don't mind in this case, this Keaton is a keeper in my collection for sure, despite the lack of articulation, the detail is incredible, hopefully this gloved spike breaking issue doesn't become a huge spread out problem..I'll know for sure in a couple of days when mine arrives

Sorry to hear about those spikes. And congrats on getting this before Fabs does, dev. :lol :duff

They do display quite nicely with the DX figures.

1614223_10153869134214743_5765465213420821173_o.jpg

1534922_10153869137419743_6061630729956034808_o.jpg

Nice pics buddy! :hi5:
Very cool natural poses too.
Ung...trying hard to pass on returns...but I think I may end up getting him eventually.

After Returns Batman, I have no other interest in any other current/preorder HT figure in the catalog. Sure there is sadness as missing the feel of anticipating the next interested offering but more I am very happy of my "lean" collection and pleased with my self discipline. It's crazy I look forward and see nothing my heart desires. At the same time look forward to see what new figure HT will create to stir my interest again (Penguin? Ripley? Unknown?)

After Returns Batman, I have no other interest in any other current/preorder HT figure in the catalog. Sure there is sadness as missing the feel of anticipating the next interested offering but more I am very happy of my "lean" collection and pleased with my self discipline. It's crazy I look forward and see nothing my heart desires. At the same time look forward to see what new figure HT will create to stir my interest again (Penguin? Ripley? Unknown?)

Other than SW and the occasional AOU left and CW, yeah not that much to look forward too until B vs S

Same, except for old man Arnie in Genisys. Movie was a bit of a turkey but any Arnie fig from HT I'm a sucker for. Will have to see BvS to make my mind up on those 2 figs.

Same, except for old man Arnie in Genisys. Movie was a bit of a turkey but any Arnie fig from HT I'm a sucker for. Will have to see BvS to make my mind up on those 2 figs.

Your Avatar reminded me I have to get BTTF 2 Marty 2015 though:lol

I really want to get this I just dont have the room for it in my dorm room here in Korea. I feel if I dont though I'll miss out on it. oh what do I do. lol

I really want to get this I just dont have the room for it in my dorm room here in Korea. I feel if I dont though I'll miss out on it. oh what do I do. lol

I don't think it will sell out because of the Keaton Sculpt and lack of articulation just yet, but then again, it's Keaton Batman so who knows :dunno

If you can afford it, I'd say go for it and leave it the box until you have the room

Other than SW and the occasional AOU left and CW, yeah not that much to look forward too until B vs S

So only their entire output for the next 2 years then? :lol

Last edited:

I just realized that by getting that Grandpanator figure, I also support the notion that the other Arnies are wiped off existence based on the movie's canon, so no thanks! :lol

So only their entire output for the next 2 years then? :lol

More like Mattel and their non HT B Vs S line, sheesh, can't believe five months to go, and already cranking the figures out, at least SW waited until Force Friday

Talk about a potential marketing disaster if the movie bombs :slap

I don't think it will sell out because of the Keaton Sculpt and lack of articulation just yet, but then again, it's Keaton Batman so who knows :dunno

If you can afford it, I'd say go for it and leave it the box until you have the room

the main problem is i can only ship out 500 pounds when i leave korea haha.

More like Mattel and their non HT B Vs S line, sheesh, can't believe five months to go, and already cranking the figures out, at least SW waited until Force Friday

Talk about a potential marketing disaster if the movie bombs :slap

The toys will still sell. It's Batman and children love it.

Their are collectors on this forum who happily still but a HT figure because the figure is good despite the film not being brillaint.

B v S might end up being terrible but I bet we all still buy the figures :)

The toys will still sell. It's Batman and children love it.

Their are collectors on this forum who happily still but a HT figure because the figure is good despite the film not being brillaint.

B v S might end up being terrible but I bet we all still buy the figures :)

Wonder Woman in a live action movie is the reason why I'll at least pick up the HT, Figuarts and maybe Mafex versions :wave

Just caved and ordered :yess:. Decided there is no way I could wait till it goes on discount.

One more figure (Princess Leia) and I'm done for this year.. well.. hopefully.

Just caved and ordered :yess:. Decided there is no way I could wait till it goes on discount.

One more figure (Princess Leia) and I'm done for this year.. well.. hopefully.

Good call..SW will go on discount before this.

Back