Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Yup right out of box I gently turned him over and there it is.snapped off
940b52cb05754bce998c9b8c2729f86c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

That sucks..but it could look worse, product of cheap glue IMO. But fixable

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

So yeah I looked slowly and carefully all over the inside of box.spike piece not there.but I did find it outside of the clam shell within the inside of box.so please first thing you guys should do when you get him is sit at table,slowly open box gently turn him around and look at gauntlet for broken pieces.

Thanks for the tip.

Yeah I am going to try and neatly glue it back on.but it just piss me off the price we pay and get these results.loctite clear gel glue here I come lol.i will post a pic later tonight when I get home from work and glue it back.i waited 1 hour at post office to get batman because I would be at work and won't be home when mail guy attempts for delivery

Your welcome guyver

I have a feeling there will be a good amount of people pissed off about receiving broken spikes on their batman figure.and I think hot toys will be sending out replacement gauntlets.similar situation from the spiderman movie figure shoulder breaking and hot toys sending replacement

Sucks to see that happen with the spikes but I doubt HT will do anything like that to resolve the issue. If Ric and others hadn't raised hell about ASM1, I doubt HT would've paid them any mind.

Great pics, YF. :hi5:

They do look great with the '89 DXs; even BW not so bad. Although some coveralls instead of the tux would've been nice so he can recreate the scene in Returns when he's fixing up the Batmobile, post Batmissile and Oswald's "School of Driving".

Great pictures, YF.

Nice pics buddy! :hi5:
Very cool natural poses too.
Ung...trying hard to pass on returns...but I think I may end up getting him eventually.

Thanks for the kind words, fellas, but I just found those pics on a Chinese toy site and reposted them. :lol :duff

Decided to cancel my preorder. I still want the figure eventually but it's become less of a must-have for me and the problems pushed it over the edge. That, plus the the fact that the holidays will take a toll on my wallet.

If it stays in stock long enough for a sale, I may consider picking one up.

I'm so jealous of everyone who picked this up already lol I have never pre-ordered a figure from sideshow and thought that once HK released this figure, that I would only be waiting a couple more weeks to get it but just like everyone else, my last flex payment is now scheduled for March--like wtf?? In retrospect, I would have gladly forked over a little more $ to get it upon release as a xmas present for myself.. maybe I just need more patience but these figs (Keaton BW and Returns Batman) are grail pieces for me and with every new photo/video released I get more jelly.. If anyone here has this batman and the 1/6 scale batmobile, I would love to see a picture of them together.

Just got him, opted to get just Batman..He's a beauty. Pics do not do him credit, trust me in hand absolute keeper

Yeah the leg articulation is pretty much non existent. but the suit is such much more a easier better rubber that's more durable

As a whole this tops the DX09 from head to toe. I don't even mind the stock cape, The material is so much better

no breaks, I can't begin to knock this figure in anyway. I guarantee this was well worth the wait :clap

You guys like Keaton in BR gear..it doesn't get any better than what HT did!

Comparison is like night and day

Totally agree with you guyver.when I first took him out the box first thing I noticed was that scowl and eye region.suit is so sleek and armored up lookin.aside from the spike being broken he is a keeper

Totally agree with you guyver.when I first took him out the box first thing I noticed was that scowl and eye region.suit is so sleek and armored up lookin.aside from the spike being broken he is a keeper

i want to be certain now, when you say "broken" you mean the lack of glue? or plastic that has indeed snapped...

Well now that I zoomed in on the picture.it does look like a lack of glue or cheap glue.because there is a indent on where the spike came off.if it was snapped off there would be no indent

If it's like the DX 09, and I assume it is, the blade didn't snap or break. It just fell out because it wasn't glued securely enough.

Had the same issue happen on one of my DX 09s. They actually included an extra set of gauntlet blades in a little plastic bag but all I did was take the one that fell out and glued it back in, good as new.

Love the new PERS set up much better

I know pics don't do him justice but he's a masterpiece

Magnets

Some crappy pics from my iPhone. Decided to just take off the gauntlets for now. It's really only noticeable in photos with the flash anyway. One of the face swaps looks to me like it doesn't go in all the way but maybe I'm just seeing things. And I added a pic of the broken gauntlet. Also on such a fragile figure I'm not a fan of taking the back of the head off, the plastic gets scratched easily.
620d1bfea1474d6c273a3fd6585181c6.jpg
56b6d9bfab7d25319c713d8f331c8334.jpg
09209812ee126a8115ea80588d21d901.jpg
9458c1e5954bb2199859ca05847fa20e.jpg
630a58c16631c8a1a878b1ea3071163b.jpg
1e5277d3699b9fb06db80b64acf68790.jpg
ce76a710100778e8f4a51df8eae22bc2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fortunately no broken gauntlet spikes for me. Seems like a common problem, will have to stick a handle with care sticker on Bats. Looks like an easy fix with a dab of super G but still sucks.

Just got him, opted to get just Batman..He's a beauty. Pics do not do him credit, trust me in hand absolute keeper

Yeah the leg articulation is pretty much non existent. but the suit is such much more a easier better rubber that's more durable

As a whole this tops the DX09 from head to toe. I don't even mind the stock cape, The material is so much better

no breaks, I can't begin to knock this figure in anyway. I guarantee this was well worth the wait :clap

You guys like Keaton in BR gear..it doesn't get any better than what HT did!

Comparison is like night and day

2O47af0.gif

Back