Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Man, all I need in my life, as a collector, is a decent Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman fig.

I don't collect Hot Toys figures, but I would DEFENITELY buy a HT Batman Returns Catwoman, mainly because I know that would be the only really good Returns Cat figure.

In all these years (23 years!!), no company has ever made a decent figure for that character.

There's a very nice statue in 1/6 at SSC.

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I honestly can't tell, it looks like it is snapped, I can't insert it back into a gap if you know what I mean. The cape is wired, I made it look pretty good with no trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah ***t, I was hoping it was a case of them just falling out due to not being glued properly in the first place. If they're snapping off they'll be more difficult to fix without visible glue marks - and they'll be just as liable to break again.

Sorry to hear about those spikes. And congrats on getting this before Fabs does, dev. :lol :duff

They do display quite nicely with the DX figures.

1614223_10153869134214743_5765465213420821173_o.jpg

1534922_10153869137419743_6061630729956034808_o.jpg

Batman looks fantastic in those pics. HT should have given Bruce Wayne the Steve Jobs outfit, not the tuxedo...it just doesn't work for BW, imo. Bond and Humphrey Bogart are the only two who can pull off the tuxedo.

bw.jpg
...this is bruce wayne in a tux..lol..oh well Batman figure is LEGIT!! Ill settle for the Bruce fig. mostly for the broken cowl.

Batman looks fantastic in those pics. HT should have given Bruce Wayne the Steve Jobs outfit, not the tuxedo...it just doesn't work for BW, imo. Bond and Humphrey Bogart are the only two who can pull off the tuxedo.
I would have preferred the jeans and black turtleneck look too but he did wear a tuxedo in both films so while not the most ideal look it works. It'd be better if Hot Toys was making a set of Selina and Catwoman so Selina could be used with Bruce for the party scene. I doubt that will happen though.

Yeah the Tweeterhead statue is nice. Really like the base she's on too. I may get it but I want to see reviews and how well it looks with the Hot Toys Batman.

Sorry to hear about those spikes. And congrats on getting this before Fabs does, dev. :lol :duff

They do display quite nicely with the DX figures.

1614223_10153869134214743_5765465213420821173_o.jpg

1534922_10153869137419743_6061630729956034808_o.jpg

Great pics, YF. :hi5:

They do look great with the '89 DXs; even BW not so bad. Although some coveralls instead of the tux would've been nice so he can recreate the scene in Returns when he's fixing up the Batmobile, post Batmissile and Oswald's "School of Driving".

Yeah the Tweeterhead statue is nice. Really like the base she's on too. I may get it but I want to see reviews and how well it looks with the Hot Toys Batman.

Same here. If I do get it, I'm considering using the stairs base from DX14 mime Joker with Returns Batman to put them at a more even level, from where they stand. We'll see.

So, I saw there was a discussion about the 4 Batman movies ('89-'97), and I'd like to share my thoughts about them.

The Burton movies
Absolutely adore both '89 and Returns.
Really like Keaton as Batman and Bruce, and love Nicholson's Joker, Michelle's Catwoman and DeVito's Penguin.
Plus, the darkness of Gotham City was such a nice touch to the overall look of the movies.

BUT, the only thing I never liked was Joker being The Waynes murderer, as opposed to the original "random" killer.
How could Bob Kane ever allow that? Oh, well...

The Schumacher movies
Forever:
I like Val Kilmer's Batman/Bruce, though I think he portrayed a better Bruce than Batman.
The Bruce Wayne scenes/moments are really good, such a sad and smart Wayne. Very good.
The Bruce & Chase and Bruce & D*ck Grayson scenes are pretty good ones as well. There are really good dialogues there.

What ruined the movie was its villians: Two Face and Riddler. Ridiculous, clown-like personalities. Horrible.
However, I think Jim Carrey portrayed a good Edward Nygma. His obsession with Wayne was a nice touch. He portrayed an obsessed and disturbed person really well.

Batman & Robin:
Hate the movie. Period.
However, the Bruce & Alfred scenes are good ones; very emotional.
I can watch those scenes to this day.

If I get Keaton's batman which one is the better? 89 or returns? I think the retruns one is better than the 89''s because it's the newer one isn't it?

If I get Keaton's batman which one is the better? 89 or returns? I think the retruns one is better than the 89''s because it's the newer one isn't it?

Both are equally awesome to me

Well.. it depends which suit design you prefer. My choice would be 89, just more iconic to me since it was what got me into Batman.

First, I'm 34 years old. I saw Batman at the theater with my parents when I was 8, and
it was the most amazing movie I'd ever seen in a theater. (Sure, I was scared my parents would be shot on our way out, but the movie was a life changer.) I'm biased to the '89 version as the "original" (for my childhood, at least) and I love it's unique chest logo.
That being said, I was 10 when Batman Returns came out, and I must have seen that movie three or four times in the theater. It was immediately my favorite movie.
Kipyfire, I think you should get the Returns version because it's newer, sleeker, and can be purchased at retail price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends which Batman movie / Batsuit design you prefer. Personally I prefer Batman Returns as a movie but I prefer the look of the 1989 Batsuit.

If you want to pose your figure though I would go for the Returns figure easily, Its the first time in a while I have handled my 89 Bats and man does his articulation suck! Basically you cant pose 89 Bats in any other pose other the standing bolt upright with his arms down by his side, the lack of ratcheted joints on the 89 body means the rubber suit simply pushed the arm/leg back to its original position, this is not helped with the body underneath probably getting looser and the rubber suit getting harder over time. The Returns figure does have ratcheted joins so the rubber suit cant force the leg/arm back, meaning the fig can be put in a number of different poses.

Batman Returns Bat Sign on his chest is also better imo.

Yeah as said depends of your preference. The quality should be the same. Personnaly my preference goes to 89: better movie, better suit more organic and brutal, better chest emblem. But i ordered the returns too because of the nostalgia of the movie that was really good.
I plan to display 89 with joker and returns with my modified batmobile.

I think the Bruce Wayne is really underwhelming, so I'll just be getting the Batman. Sadly.

Back