Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Meanwhile on the third day of Christmas Sideshow just teased Batman Returns Catwoman Premium figure. I think this is an interesting move from Sideshow.
a81e0d32e33ee9a2a3408bc692aaede4.jpg

Excellent but Sideshow might forever to release her.

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I think Timcent standards are slipping. I ordered the Bats fig 2 days ago and still not shipped. :impatient:

I bought my figure Saturday he said he ship it Monday. So just wait.when I bought the ip man figure Thursday he shipped it out next day friday.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I think Timcent standards are slipping. I ordered the Bats fig 2 days ago and still not shipped. :impatient:

Same for me too. I'm sure it's just the weekend though. I ordered from him based on someone's tip pretty quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh and since nobody posted it yet, some food for thought.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Yeah them pics on left are way better then final production pictures on right.i thought they were resculpting hence pics on left.i guess they didn't have time?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

the pics on the left are phenomenal, shame we couldn't get that.

That sculpt is amazing, no doubt - but I'll give Hot Toys the benefit of the doubt because I'm sure none of us are experts on how the mass production process really works. And that particular sculpt may have simply been too complex or detail-oriented to produce on a mass-scale. I believe JC Hong said that particular sculpt was used to test the paint application.

I'm very happy with the final product and I don't think there's any doubt that they greatly improved upon the prototype photos we initially saw back in May. Some of the headsculpts are appearing on eBay:

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600-3.jpg
s-l1600-2.jpg

Sculpt looks like Keaton to me. It could be improved a bit but it's nowhere near as bad as some are trying to make it out to be. Wouldn't mind possibly doing a custom with him wearing the jeans and black turtleneck look rather than the tuxedo. Still overall glad I went with the two pack though.

Meanwhile on the third day of Christmas Sideshow just teased Batman Returns Catwoman Premium figure. I think this is an interesting move from Sideshow.
a81e0d32e33ee9a2a3408bc692aaede4.jpg
Sideshow doesn't move a lot faster. I'm sure it'll be released but this is just the tease. I bet we don't get a full reveal until Batman V Superman at the earliest possibly even SDCC 2016. Then it'll be a year or more between pre-order and arrival. Personally if I were to get a Catwoman statue the Tweeterhead is a nice option and close to in scale with the Hot Toys Barman.

I LOVE the set....not complaining- love BR and this is probably all we will get from it...

found on FB

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 242
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 243
  • b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 244
  • b4.jpg
    b4.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 299
  • b5.jpg
    b5.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 241
  • b6.jpg
    b6.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 295
  • b7.jpg
    b7.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 243
Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I cancelled my order last month, due to lack of funds. Sideshow was nice enough to do a one time return of my NRD. Now that the final product is out, and pics are rolling in, I'm going to reorder this from Sideshow ASAP. I love how this set turned out! As Mike86 suggested, I'll probably customize Bruce with jeans and a turtleneck too. Anyone have ideas where I can purchase said clothes for him?

Oh and since nobody posted it yet, some food for thought.

View attachment 232527

Why am I so confused by this. The head on the left (hand painted proto) looks great. The middle one is horrid, yet the production piece on the right appears closer to the proto...but still looks bad in most pictures i've seen.:gah::lol:dunno

Edit:
Just saw this, looks pretty good here, best iv'e seen it look
attachment.php

But not so much, here:
attachment.php

Last edited:

I cancelled my order last month, due to lack of funds. Sideshow was nice enough to do a one time return of my NRD. Now that the final product is out, and pics are rolling in, I'm going to reorder this from Sideshow ASAP. I love how this set turned out! As Mike86 suggested, I'll probably customize Bruce with jeans and a turtleneck too. Anyone have ideas where I can purchase said clothes for him?

I didn't even try but I wonder if they'd have refunded me the NRD on the Delorean when I cancelled it. What's their grounds for making exceptions.

Back