Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Why should people have to buy another cape from Tony Mei? The one that comes with the figure should be better. Especially considering many people weren't happy with the cape for the DX09. HT should have learned a lesson from that one.

They did learn. People *****, no matter what they do. (And adding a 50-100 dollar better cape would not increase sales so, why do it?) They get the very best version ever. It's not good enough. Someone makes a cape that costs half as much as the entire figure and it's better? Well no kidding. They could make the cape as good as his. And then raise the price 50-75 bucks. And then everyone complains and says they want a cheaper figure. Read every thread on every forum. Heck usually every page. And half the people like one thing, half hate it. People call it the best ever, and others call it dime store junk. People say they want less iron man. So they iron man is no longer the most produced..and all that happens is they ***** about something else. They hate exposed joints, but won't buy rubber becuase if you blink at it it falls apart...even thought they themselves have never actually had a problem, but know a guy who once say it melt before his eyes. They hate that it's not in scale, then when they learn cap and Thor are supposed to be the same height, scale doesn't matter they just want one bigger(all of these are true examples you can find on this site in discussions I have had). They want less released becuase it cost to much...except the ten figures they want right now. They want Howard to give play by play of exactly what status on every not up for order product, but when that news isn't what they want to hear they say they don't believe a word he says. Or when he latter updates with a change..he lied! Things can not change(unless it's something they want, of course)(so you want more info but won't believe it?). Again, real convo on this site (about catwomen and penguin). When a figure takes a little while to come out they decry the death of it, or make jokes about this figure being like some other that didn't come. Even though less then 1% of the prototypes that hot toys has shown over a nearly 2 decade period have not made it to market. And 3 of those in that 1% where cancelled becuase the people that hold the license said no (smooth criminal Mj, Prometheus, and prof X) so out of the ones they had at least part control over not YET making it to market... .05% of the total prototypes shown. But everyone brings it up ALL the time. #wheresdrax!

So like I said...doesn't matter what they do, people complain. So what lesson was it they where supposed to learn?

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

damn cant see very well too small psycho

image.jpg
image.jpg

Thanks difabio!!!hell yeah BR cape looks clean.but I do have to say the 89 batman face plates are better.cnt wait to get mine.timcent shipped it.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Yeah my 89 bats looks a 100x better with the TM cape on. This one doesn't look too bad though, i may just have to work it a little.

really?because the cape doesnt look a certain way(probably needs a little futzing)that means it ruins the entire figure?.A bit harsh much?.overall yeah great looking figure but cmon man to you the cape ruins the figure lol.Thats why you got someone like Tony mei that makes some great custom capes.And to be honest the cape on this BR looks way more premium and not some cheap shiny faux leather like the first batman.

I don't know, maybe I have to see more picture from people who spend some time to futz the cape better..

Sent from my BatPad using Tapatalk

Man he looks great.... February is gonna be a long wait.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Probably just in HK if that's the case that's a good thing. Maybe it will tell HT to make Penguin and Catwoman.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Can't believe I'm not rushing out to order a Returns set, after all these years.

This is what their movable eyes should have always been. I'm glad PERS is dead.

batman head.jpg
derp.jpg

Last edited:

image.jpg

You can't go wrong with TM cape!

Will pick this up if they do Catwoman. Even Sideshow is producing a PF of her. Not sure why they're not tackling her and Penguin already. :cuckoo:

Will pick this up if they do Catwoman. Even Sideshow is producing a PF of her. Not sure why they're not tackling her and Penguin already. :cuckoo:

Over on Toysdaily (an Asian collectors forum), I actually saw collectors there (who I assume are from Hong Kong, I had to translate the pages to English) complaining and talking about the lack of Pfeiffer Catwoman. Thought that was interesting.

I'm sure Hot Toys knows that there is interest in Returns Catwoman (and Penguin to a lesser extent with all these other companies tackling them), they probably just don't care.

From Facebook:

I really wish these kinda photos came out before I saw Jingobell's. Everything looks fine there, just bad lighting. The cape looks bad too, futzing is everything.

Over on Toysdaily (an Asian collectors forum), I actually saw collectors there (who I assume are from Hong Kong, I had to translate the pages to English) complaining and talking about the lack of Pfeiffer Catwoman. Thought that was interesting.

I'm sure Hot Toys knows that there is interest in Returns Catwoman (and Penguin to a lesser extent with all these other companies tackling them), they probably just don't care.

Meanwhile on the third day of Christmas Sideshow just teased Batman Returns Catwoman Premium figure. I think this is an interesting move from Sideshow.
a81e0d32e33ee9a2a3408bc692aaede4.jpg

Back