Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I told you guys in our dirty little hands in March!!!

Don't speak too soon, Sideshow's ETA is vague.

Vader got to Sideshow quick and there's still two whole months before March. Bet it hits the states before Valentines Day (which is around the time DX 09 hit after Hong Kong got theirs in January).

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

This will be out here in the US in January so put away your kleenex guys..he's coming soon(positive vibes)

This will be out here in the US in January so put away your kleenex guys..he's coming soon(positive vibes)

I'm betting mid Jan to mid Feb

Me:

"He looks bad!"
"He looks good!"
"He looks bad!"
"He looks good!"

Where's my scarred coin when I need one?

Pretty much my flip flopping opinion was. Seeing how a good number of good shots came out, I'm happy with the final product. Wayne's headsculpt is a little weak, but no where near John Matrix bad.

I know what you mean. I saw that Commando figure and was like WTF? Who is that supposed to be?

The amount of extra 'love' they would get from doing that would be incomprehensible

They wouldn't get any 'love' from the suits at Disney. Quite the contrary, in fact...

I would assume Hot Toys will do a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman soon.......a Penguin/Max Shrek set would be awesome too. I don't think they would only do one piece from Batman Returns.

I can say with some confidence that HT will never ever do a Pfeiffer Catwoman.

Could of sworn someone said Jan 15 that Sideshow is suppose to get him...

Just add two months to every HK release date until Sideshow gets its dock **** together.

Straight out the box and the first thing he does is bend the arms and legs to within an inch of damaging it. I couldn't do that.

I know the articulation won't be good but, considering I'm not a thirteen year old boy, I don't care.

We know this figure will be a museum pose piece.

Last edited:

Straight out the box and the first thing he does is bend the arms and legs to within an inch of damaging it. I couldn't do that.

I know the articulation won't be good but, considering I'm not a thirteen year old boy, I don't care.

I actually thought he was quite gentle with it for a youtube reviewer. You ever see what the NECA guys do? :lol

It's definitely another museum pose figure though. It will look good in that pose but unfortunately it's another way in which this guy, at a glance, will not be differentiated on one's shelf from the '89 figure.

Waist movement is useless IMO because of what it does to the abdomen. It's a pity because there's no reason this or the DX09 needed to be a onesie rubber outfit. Surely could have had separate arms at least to better facilitate him holding up his cape for the giant bat-wings effect.

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Even in the second vid?

Yeah that's the only one I watched. For an articulation demo vid I thought he was surprisingly gentle. As I said I'm used to the NECA reviewers who just blow my mind every time how they miraculously don't snap arms and legs clean off with how rough they are.

Now, as I wouldn't be doing an articulation demonstration vid myself I would have no need to move the joints even as much as this reviewer did.

The cape looks much better than the stock of DX09!

Thanks for the vids. The figure looks incredible.
I sold my 89bats cause Returns is my 3rd favorite batsuit ( was 2nd, bumped to 3rd cause of affleck suit). But with having so many batman figures, specially with just now ordering Batfleck suit, I havent PO this.
Kinda reconsidering this...I think the figure looks amazing.

Back