Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

So happy I got the two-pack. Batman looks phenomenal and the much-criticized Keaton sculpt to my eyes is no worse than the recently-released HT Star Wars human head sculpts. And I'm betting it'll all look even better in-hand.

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

So happy I got the two-pack. Batman looks phenomenal and the much-criticized Keaton sculpt to my eyes is no worse than the recently-released HT Star Wars human head sculpts. And I'm betting it'll all look even better in-hand.

I saw a video from budget stark and its not that bad could be worse, could be better.... But it's by no means as bad as ppl are making it out to be....

Word, YF. I was all about his recent review of "Dah" Vader.

:lol

I was wondering the same thing. People have it in hand, y no review?

It hasn't even been available for a week. Maybe xenom0rph will review this. I can't imagine anyone in Asia reviewing this except for maybe Jacky Chang.

:lol

Maybe xenom0rph will review this.

Unfortunately, I believe xenom0rph denounced this release. So I'm not expecting a review from him. Who else?

I know. Anyone who wants to send me a sample will get an in-depth review from a seasoned Bat-freak, complete with comparison footage with the HT '89, coverage alongside the HT Anton Furst Batmobile, both versions of the Nicholson Joker, or any other weird requests.

PM me for address info. :wink1:

Actually, xenom0rph denounced this release. So unfortunately I'm not expecting a review from him. Who else?

Has he? Good going, xeno. :lol

Maybe that French guy, Maximuslaurent. Or maybe Optibotimus in about a month. I don't think Ric is reviewing HT anymore.

Rick has been reviewing star wars HT

These pic's look amazing !!
Photos by 橙默style

891794_1646477628952215_1570183997927449378_o.jpg

575772_1646477022285609_2603115389999915203_n.jpg

10557116_1646477798952198_7963887912691559712_o.jpg

12400469_1646477172285594_7370143144735327133_n.jpg

Maybe Dean Knight, hes also a big batman fan. Clipper always buys figures, reviews them and sells them later, nothing new.

That'd be a shame if Clipper isn't reviewing HT anymore. I quite enjoy his reviews. He puts an entertaining yet insightful spin on them. He's organized yet sometimes unorthodox. Great Aussie dialect and obvious type-A personality. Love the sometimes necessary swear words, such as "fook", or "fookin' ell".

Eh the dx9 had better mouth plates, these suck. Other than that the cowl is excellent, the cape is much better, the material is well done for the suit as well. Will pick this up when its cheap.

Welllll maybe but that doesn't make this a good likeness. And I wouldn't put it on a par with the Nicholson sculpts in this same line. As such I'll be skipping the full set. I may yet be tempted by the Batman alone however. That damn Returns outfit....

Oh come on, you know you'll get it. We been waiting over 3 years for a whiff. :wink1:

But you raise a great point: this Keaton sculpt AND all recent human facial sculpts I've seen from HT are NOT nearly as good as their past output. In fact, my very first HT experiences were with DX08 & 09. Look at Arnold DX-13. Those samples show what HT is capable of.

I have to wonder with all the big ticket deals they have with the Disney licenses, if they just can't/won't put forth the time/effort to make those great likenesses anymore, simply because their work-order roster is way too full.

Quite a shame, if so. But big business is big business. Money talks. Here's hoping another talented company like HT can rise up and make the figures we want, at the quality we expect, like HT... pre-sellout.

That'd be a shame if Clipper isn't reviewing HT anymore. I quite enjoy his reviews. He puts an entertaining yet insightful spin on them. He's organized yet sometimes unorthodox. Great Aussie dialect and obvious type-A personality. Love the sometimes necessary swear words, such as "fook", or "fookin' ell".

Dude, Clipper King is from England.

Caved in got the Bats & Bruce set from Timcent. I got the 2 pack more for the broken cowl then Bruce.

HT please make BR Catwomen, would make an awesome looking fig, better then those infinite versions of Stormtroopers, you only seem to make these days.
giphy.gif

'Lucky guy that Batman' :exactly:

It boggles my mind that she hasn't been made yet, and that *apparently* plans for her were scrapped. Every so often, somebody comes around and says something like "That movie isn't really popular in Asia." Okay, fair enough, but don't they love women dressed as cats over there, or am I just imagining seeing all that ****?

Back