Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

My Chewbacca came from SS with a completely crushed top corner. Shipping box crushed, HT box crushed. Thankfully the product was fine BUT not cool for something your spending $$$ on. I purchased my Sandtrooper (just yesterday) from a local seller.

SS replaces boxes.

I understand the principle that they shouldn't have to considering how much we're paying, but they will replace them.

Every instance I've heard of someone requesting a replacement, it's been fulfilled.

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Many of you have already the different incarnations of HT Batman sitting on your shelves (DX09,Dark Knight), so this release has "been there done that" affixed to it. I get that. Many of you are commenting on the face plates. Why not when you already own some from other releases. This is a boring release for you and made even more when the BW head sculpt looks like ****. But there are others (like me) who do not own any HT Batman figure. Everything will be new including the faceplates. Don't **** on this figure. If you own DX09 and love it in your display, how can this be less of a figure? Returns is a outstanding piece. Don't hate it because you have 10 other Batman on your shelf. Great ****ing job HT!!!

That has nothing to do with it. Plenty of people in here that own the DX 09 were looking forward to owning this guy, myself included, you know that, you were in here sharing the anticipation with us. People aren't hating this because they have Batman figures already, they don't like it because it looks like crap, the face plates specifically. The face ended up looking wonky and it's a downgrade to the prototypes everyone was buzzing about in 2014 and in May. It looks like a cheap, rushed, awkward, looking figure just like their MMS 238 Terminator or John Matrix Commando.

And on the flip side of your argument, perhaps the reason you are being so easy on this figure and eating it up is because you don't own the DX 09 or 1/4 TDKR (Hot Toys' best releases). Those were exceptional and there's no reason why this one shouldn't be compared to those when that was their standard of quality.

Anyway, for those interested this is what the head looks like.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I didn't expect them to do this, but they didn't even listen to the small criticisms we had about the DX 09. DX09 is a great figure, but the things like the face plates jutting out, the PERS eyes, and head panel were a point of contention. Not only does the Returns Batman share those problems, they made them even worse and more glaring. Out of all those shots between those photographers, 5-6 of them look decent. That's a far cry from the protos. This looks like a down grade, kind of like an anime toy compared to what we saw before which was a sleek, streamlined, well thought out Batman figure that looked real.

My email says they'll charge my final payment 01/15/16.

From what I've gathered on these boards is once SB HK gets it, we can expect it 3-4 weeks later.

SS will let you know if they get it earlier and can ship it.

In all reality, I got single batman through sideshow using rewards points. Totally worth it I think, it just took like at least ten figures. Even then you have to pay extra ten bucks for them to ship it with a protective box, but you need to call them so they can put it on your account though for future purchases.

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free
Oh I didn't know you can put in a request for double box.nice to know.thanks buddy

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

HOT TOYS! You must dismiss this man!

1111111.jpg

That has nothing to do with it. Plenty of people in here that own the DX 09 were looking forward to owning this guy, myself included, you know that, you were in here sharing the anticipation with us. People aren't hating this because they have Batman figures already, they don't like it because it looks like crap, the face plates specifically. The face ended up looking wonky and it's a downgrade to the prototypes everyone was buzzing about in 2014 and in May. It looks like a cheap, rushed, awkward, looking figure just like their MMS 238 Terminator or John Matrix Commando.

And on the flip side of your argument, perhaps the reason you are being so easy on this figure and eating it up is because you don't own the DX 09 or 1/4 TDKR (Hot Toys' best releases). Those were exceptional and there's no reason why this one shouldn't be compared to those when that was their standard of quality.

I didn't expect them to do this, but they didn't even listen to the small criticisms we had about the DX 09. DX09 is a great figure, but the things like the face plates jutting out, the PERS eyes, and head panel were a point of contention. Not only does the Returns Batman share those problems, they made them even worse and more glaring. Out of all those shots between those photographers, 5-6 of them look decent. That's a far cry from the protos. This looks like a down grade, kind of like an anime toy compared to what we saw before which was a sleek, streamlined, well thought out Batman figure that looked real.

Not being able to nail a likeness is one thing, it happens, but the mouth-pieces are the most inexplicable aspect to this whole thing for me. I'd love to know what Hot Toys was thinking there. Considering the obvious and well-documented options they could have gone with from the movie what sense does it make to have 2 mouths that are (barely noticeably) varying degrees of open?

''This is a mouth for when he's pronouncing a consonant. This is a mouth for when he's making a vowel sound'' - WTF

How about his angry face (like every Bale Batman got) or even the grin?

This is singularly my biggest let-down with this figure, I had hoped they'd surprise us with different options than were shown in the proto pics. Not to be.

Not being able to nail a likeness is one thing, it happens, but the mouth-pieces are the most inexplicable aspect to this whole thing for me. I'd love to know what Hot Toys was thinking there. Considering the obvious and well-documented options they could have gone with from the movie what sense does it make to have 2 mouths that are (barely noticeably) varying degrees of open?

''This is a mouth for when he's pronouncing a consonant. This is a mouth for when he's making a vowel sound'' - WTF

How about his angry face (like every Bale Batman got) or even the grin?

This is singularly my biggest let-down with this figure, I had hoped they'd surprise us with different options than were shown in the proto pics. Not to be.

And even the faceplates they include don't look they fit in right. This is the same situation that the DX 12 had where the eyes and faceplates looked like they were photoshopped and plastered onto the face. Even the regular mouth looks weird on it. The DX 09 at the slight lip above the plate (I remember Maglor fixed it by shaving the top down a bit), but on the Returns one it's just wonky as ****, like it's warped and slightly too big for the face somehow.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Very letdown right about now.

Looks ok to me. I guess I might have to have it in hadn to really tell.

based on those pictures....DAMN they are BOTH beautiful!!

And even the faceplates they include don't look they fit in right. This is the same situation that the DX 12 had where the eyes and faceplates looked like they were photoshopped and plastered onto the face. Even the regular mouth looks weird on it. The DX 09 at the slight lip above the plate (I remember Maglor fixed it by shaving the top down a bit), but on the Returns one it's just wonky as ****, like it's warped and slightly too big for the face somehow.

View attachment 231463
View attachment 231464
View attachment 231465
View attachment 231466
View attachment 231467
View attachment 231468

Wow, I thought everyone was exaggerating a bit in regards to Batman, but these side by sides really show how BAD the mouth plates are.

There's no amount of "it'll probably look better in hand" that'll change the fact that those are the ones we are getting....

And agreed completely of what a-dev said; there's absolutely zero, ZERO point in including those lifeless expressions by HT. This movie was the one in which Keaton showed that maniac side of him, specially with those mouth expressions he did.

Will not buy this.

It could look better, but no one knows, and it's not likely anyway.

Those pics indeed hammer in how bad the face plates are. Though I don't think the DX12's fit was bad. VGM Batman's fit is good too from what I've seen, but this...maybe they just wanted to shut up people and not care.

The open mouth plates look bad, but I think the neutral mouth looks fine. What's wrong with it? Is it the gap between the lips and the tip of the mask?

..."Bruce Wayne" looks awful. I thought they'd change something before release but nope. I don't own any Hot Toys, but I'll get the single Batman release from this movie because it's my absolute favorite Batman movie. I don't like that the armor folds, but I'll live with it. Just hope they release a Catwoman to go with it

I think the neutral mouth looks fine. What's wrong with it? Is it the gap between the lips and the tip of the mask?

That's what I think it is. You compare the production mouth to the show prototype and the final one looks like Bruce Willis or something. There's a gap and the paint on the lips and where the lips part just isn't well done. Where would his nose even fit inside the cowl piece without getting chopped off? If you look at Poe's pics, you can see this gap where the faces look like they don't even fit or plug in all the way. There's a reason a few pics of the figure's head looks good, that's because from the perspective/angle of the cowl and nose hide the flaws. Instead of looking like an actual face in there, it actually looks like a plate that fits in.

bruce willis.jpg

Compare all the latest photographer pics of the final product and not one of them touches how great this prototype head and face looked in the on.cc photo shoot from over the summer. That's saying a lot because the pic is horribly overexposed, shot and lit but STILL looked great.

bait and switch.jpg

Last edited:
Back