Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

After looking at available pictures, I'm happy with the way Batman turned out. BW sculpt sucks, but had only Bats on preorder anyway. This was my most wanted Batman figure, so I'm happy it's finally out. I always find it interesting others reaction to new releases and first impressions. I've lurked for awhile, but decided to join in the fun.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Same here, brother. As mister_e said above, we are currently in the "hate it" stage. Once more pics start coming in and people get it in hand, most will come around and accept it, others will love it, and some will keep on hatin'. It's the natural way of things.

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Gotta love it, after all the complaining and doubting that'll it'll ever get made people still ain't happy haha: I for one think it looks immense and my two should be here next Friday-can't wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta love it, after all the complaining and doubting that'll it'll ever get made people still ain't happy haha: I for one think it looks immense and my two should be here next Friday-can't wait

Are you getting BW with either?

Many of you have already the different incarnations of HT Batman sitting on your shelves (DX09,Dark Knight), so this release has "been there done that" affixed to it. I get that. Many of you are commenting on the face plates. Why not when you already own some from other releases. This is a boring release for you and made even more when the BW head sculpt looks like ****. But there are others (like me) who do not own any HT Batman figure. Everything will be new including the faceplates. Don't **** on this figure. If you own DX09 and love it in your display, how can this be less of a figure? Returns is a outstanding piece. Don't hate it because you have 10 other Batman on your shelf. Great ****ing job HT!!!

Why do any of you care if other people don't like it? To adapt one of the biggest cliches of this forum - YOU like it, YOU buy it. End of story.

Why do any of you care if other people don't like it? To adapt one of the biggest cliches of this forum - YOU like it, YOU buy it. End of story.

Might as well take that a step further. Why do you care if they care? Also, why do the people complaining think other people care that they don't like it? I dunno. It's like this is an open forum where people want to express their opinion on things or something. Franky, I don't understand it either ;)

Definitely gonna get this when Sideshow gives it with discount and free shipping and double reward points

This release holds sentimental value to me I guess, for one, it's the first batman movie I remember watching, but my parents took me to batman 1989 but don't remember, then it's the first batman costume I learned to draw, and even then it's the best representation of that batman from that movie, the last one being that horrendous looking enormous batman that was awesome back in the day and actually looked like Val Kilmer. But in the end I believe the Kenner head sculpt was more accurate than this one, but this one for this figure is just as great. I can see the likeness of Keaton I guess.

So I take it the dx line is no more? This release is just mms294 with no dx going on for jt

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

To be fair with the hate, it's clearly been one hell of a rocky road for this and VGM Batman. People are probably not sure how to feel or think. Plus after all this time people will have really high hopes, you can't blame them.
We were so worried about the unmasked head, and that actually looks more like him than actually ****ing Batman. What a shame...

Not even remotely close. So glad I got it. I hope they just kill this line at this point, which is very likely.
Yeah right? It's a strange twist. It also makes me hate that I don't have the DX09 :monkey3 I figured this would be enough...well, guess I'm going to stick with my NECA even more....
My biggest complaint is the eyes in the cowl, the rest of the stuff I can ignore.
This is also my issue, way too noticeable. The faceplates don't look secure. It's still ok, but a shame.

I really want to order from sideshow to gain points.but after ordering from them a few times they don't double box and the brown shipper gets banged up and scuffs the actual box on inside.and not to mention the damn box has hot toys and name of figure written all over it

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

So I take it the dx line is no more?

Would have been a interesting read as to HT decision to not produce products from this line anymore. I still think BD Robocop would have benefitted from PERS!!

To be fair with the hate, it's clearly been one hell of a rocky road for this and VGM Batman. People are probably not sure how to feel or think. Plus after all this time people will have really high hopes, you can't blame them.Yeah right? It's a strange twist. It also makes me hate that I don't have the DX09 :monkey3 I figured this would be enough...well, guess I'm going to stick with my NECA even more....This is also my issue, way too noticeable. The faceplates don't look secure. It's still ok, but a shame.

The face plates look awful, too.

Might as well take that a step further. Why do you care if they care? Also, why do the people complaining think other people care that they don't like it?

Bo Shrek's post sure reads like a bit of a remonstration, hence my response.

but after ordering from them a few times they don't double box and the brown shipper gets banged up and scuffs the actual box on inside.and not to mention the damn box has hot toys and name of figure written all over it

My Chewbacca came from SS with a completely crushed top corner. Shipping box crushed, HT box crushed. Thankfully the product was fine BUT not cool for something your spending $$$ on. I purchased my Sandtrooper (just yesterday) from a local seller.

Are you getting BW with either?

Nope just two regulars, the Bruce headsculpt is just plain bad also no ones mentioning how bad Bruce's tuxedo is, maybe the headsculpt is taking people's eye away from it but it's awful.
The bat suit looks awesome and will look amazing standing by the batmobile.
I had the dx09-sold it, this is my perfect batman

I ordered the regular and the 2pk. I have a custom sculpt for BW want to display Bats, Torn cowl Bats & BW can't wait.

Not feeling it, never was a big fan of the armor design...and seeing it now in figure form makes no difference. Headsculpt got better but still not what it coul dbe. And this release confirms my decision to get a replacement headsculpt with working PERS on my DX09, so if anyone is out there who would sell such thing, let me know here.

Not feeling it, never was a big fan of the armor design...and seeing it now in figure form makes no difference. Headsculpt got better but still not what it coul dbe. And this release confirms my decision to get a replacement headsculpt with working PERS on my DX09, so if anyone is out there who would sell such thing, let me know here.

But the bat emblem would be wrong for the 89 version....also the returns suit is far smoother and not as "rough" textured as the 89

I really want to order from sideshow to gain points.but after ordering from them a few times they don't double box and the brown shipper gets banged up and scuffs the actual box on inside.and not to mention the damn box has hot toys and name of figure written all over it

In all reality, I got single batman through sideshow using rewards points. Totally worth it I think, it just took like at least ten figures. Even then you have to pay extra ten bucks for them to ship it with a protective box, but you need to call them so they can put it on your account though for future purchases.

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

Back