Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I wouldn't count on seeing them anytime soon. Their most recent interview had Howard saying they don't have any plans for them yet. Could be done in the future but if they aren't in development now, who knows when we'll actually see them.

wQJMzcK.jpg

That really sucks... They waste time with other lines when they could be doing those two... :ohbfrank:

That really sucks... They waste time with other lines when they could be doing those two... :ohbfrank:

What are you talking about? We clearly need more iron men :lol

Yup...

GI Joe, Tonto to name a few

Don't be hatin' on Tonto.......the figure is gorgeous and I actually liked the movie. I think it just became fashionable to hate on the film. shrugs shoulders

Have not bought the Tonto one, but it's tempting when they're clearly trying to dump them and it's always on sale, etc.

Besides, they probably started production for the figure before the movie even came out and were banking on selling them on the popularity of Johnny Depp.

Ok......my 2 cents.

The publicity photo we got? Probably not up-to-par with the usual insane likeness and quality we have gotten accustomed to from Hot Toys. While I think they nailed the eyes/mouth area......the jaw-line seems too wide/squared and seems to throw the likeness off the whole thing. This figure has an interesting effect - the farther away from it, the less the likeness is. And I think that's because the shape is off. However, the closer you see the figure, the more you see the likeness of Keaton. Because the eyes and mouth are very, very good.

That being said, I think you have to understand and appreciate the art. These things are sculpted by hand. There is no such thing as perfection when it comes to something like that. It reminds me of what somebody once said about tattoos: it's an imperfect art form.

The Ace Toyz sculpt has a better general likeness, but the Hot Toys one has much more realistic details - most notably in the paint/eyes.

Even if we got the prototype Keaton......I would not be ashamed at all to display that figure.

With all that being said......the photos on JC Hong's Facebook are absolutely insane. I'm sure all of us are hoping we get that.

I think that's exactly the problem. The prototype Bruce Wayne head is over detailed. The paint is one thing that can change but the sculpt lokos too busy around the eyes. It just doesn't look like Keaton. Too much wrinkles.

I am confident they will tweak the sculpt. I wish they would fix the tuxedo. That is a straight reuse. I don't think they will touch it

Look, all I can say is when Hot Toys see's what the 1st figure does in this line....they'll make other characters.

That's why they said "Yet".

When BR Batman becomes a cash cow...they'll jump on the rest of the line.

That's their forte..to bleed a line as much as they can until it no longer bleeds green:lecture

I'm just hoping we could get a batsignal, another armory from this movie line or even a batcomputer or something. As much as I love Catwoman they will probably mess this up royally. Who knows. I don't really expect anything from HT, I am surprised and humbled by anything they release and will help the cause no matter how messed up the keaton sculpt is.

Look, all I can say is when Hot Toys see's what the 1st figure does in this line....they'll make other characters.

That's why they said "Yet".

When BR Batman becomes a cash cow...they'll jump on the rest of the line.

Well here lies the problem. I don't think HT will consider anything less than peak Nolan-Batman sales to be a worthwhile 'Return' on this figure. I suspect if it doesn't at least match a DX12 or DX11 in terms of performance we can all say goodbye to further figures in this line.

The kind of sales HT will get on this and Marty McFly and your Ripleys and your Terminators are the kind most other companies could only dream of - and yet for HT maybe they amount to sweet F all. They hit upon the Iron Man and Avengers money and thereafter everything else was to become just token gestures to fans who supported them in the earlier MMS days.

This guy is one such token gesture. They feel obligated to put something out from this line they announced but they'd just as soon not bother really.

I'm not presenting this as fact or even anything original, just the impression I have at this point, sorta backed up by what we hear from Budget Stark in his videos.

Last edited:

Yeah, I don't imagine this will be a huge seller. Nor do I imagine they will make a large edition size. Nor do I for a moment believe there is some huge fan base for this film that doesn't already have the first Batman and who, as posted here many times, is already second-guessing their need to get this. Even at a reasonable HT price. So a small pool to draw from is becoming even smaller.

If this "sells out" quickly it is not necessarily an indication of a huge fan base... it could simply be an indication of just how few they are making.

Ordered the Acetoys head yesterday, but will order batman despite the grim uk prices. Hoping osb, toyhq or zavvi do a winner

Exactly. Even for a diehard Burton Bats fan, it's hard to display this guy next to.... Nothing.

89 Bats has the Majestic Joker figure and the Batmobile.

This guy? With what? That excuse of a Michael Keaton figure? While I think the suit is great, the omission of the glider seriously pisses me off. One of the most iconic scenes in the film (along with the unmasking, that is also screwed because of how UGLY the HS is).

And on top of that, no Penguin and No Catwoman. Jesus.

And the 1/4 promised offerings? LOL.

It truly feels like a half assed release, like something out of HT collective asses. Much like an afterthought.

This is going next to Mime Joker on my revised alternate universe Batman Returns shelf. I'm going to pick up another base for that figure it's going to be epic.:wink1:

So to recap:
Shelf 1 - Dx08 and Dx09
Shelf 2 - Batman Returns and Mime Joker

It will echo (like George Lucas likes), my Nolan Trilogy setup.

Shelf 1 - Toyfair Batman and Scarecrow
Shelf 2 - Armory Batman ( HK setup/ Dx02 backpack/ Dx02 base) and Dx11 Joker.
Shelf 3 - Dx12 and Bane

This is going next to Mime Joker on my revised alternate universe Batman Returns shelf. I'm going to pick up another base for that figure it's going to be epic.:wink1:

So to recap:
Shelf 1 - Dx08 and Dx09
Shelf 2 - Batman Returns and Mime Joker

It will echo (like George Lucas likes), my Nolan Trilogy setup.

Shelf 1 - Toyfair Batman and Scarecrow
Shelf 2 - Armory Batman ( HK setup/ Dx02 backpack/ Dx02 base) and Dx11 Joker.
Shelf 3 - Dx12 and Bane

POIDH! :)

I went to Secret Base to pick up Rocket and Groot. They already have this on display.

Can guarantee you the Michael Keaton sculpt looks as terrible in person as it does in the photos. In fact ,the neck looked really short as well, which made it worse.

Sometimes the proto looks better in person... like Han Solo. This one is not the case.

Sorry didn't take any photos. Too many people were crowding that area.

There was even a girlfriend to this guy who was starting at this for a while, and she was like..
Who's that guy next to Batman?
uh... Batman... when he is Bruce Wayne.
Really? Was there such a movie?

*Wanted to ***** slap her.... GTFO !!! Punch that guy in the balls as well for failing*

They weren't even that young ! I'd understand if they were like young teenagers.

Since I'm new to collecting but if the Keaton sculpt is spot on I'm in. If not dx09 here I come

Back