Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Let's not forget Loki from Thor 2 was revised. DX10, QS002, TS, Reeve superman, DX06, ASM1, Starlord, Elder Pred, many releases have had updated head sculpts. It is good to bash? Absolutely. Bash away so it can get revised. Which is why I'm confident in getting the two pack. Ripped cowl alone will go for $80-$100. Keaton HS will go for $60-$80 so the two pack is a good deal compared to buying it parted.

Went with the single and hoping to see a cowl released from a secondary company for like 20 bucks like we did with the Cap shields, etc. :monkey3

I am about to pull the trigger on the A2 AoU WM. Now I am debating which one I should get. Batman returns/B.Wayne, or the War Machine. decision decision.

Exactly. Even for a diehard Burton Bats fan, it's hard to display this guy next to.... Nothing.

89 Bats has the Majestic Joker figure and the Batmobile.

This guy? With what? That excuse of a Michael Keaton figure? While I think the suit is great, the omission of the glider seriously pisses me off. One of the most iconic scenes in the film (along with the unmasking, that is also screwed because of how UGLY the HS is).

And on top of that, no Penguin and No Catwoman. Jesus.

And the 1/4 promised offerings? LOL.

It truly feels like a half assed release, like something out of HT collective asses. Much like an afterthought.

First world problems.

I also realized HT official product photos do not show the best in their figure somehow. Maybe the lightings and angle they use.

I'll wait for the single to either be coupon eligible or hope for a deal closer to release or shortly thereafter.

The way I see it, it just means that Hot Toys will take their time with the license. Doesn't mean you'll never see them make Catwoman and Penguin. And I understand, great movies doesn't always mean big money makers. They can make all the other Batmen and Ironmen they want. Marvel Studios is their current big cash cow until they fall. In short, it just means we won't see a Hot Toys 1:6 Catwoman or Penguin this year. Maybe they want to see how well the Returns ver. Batman performs first. You can tell by the different tone of their answers with Catwoman Penguin with a "no plan yet" and with the Faora response "probably won't be making..."

As for the early announcement of 1:4 scale figures. I don't think Hot Toys still hold that license. I get the hint from seeing NECA making a 1:4 Penguin figure. Perhaps HT still has the right to make a 1:4 Returns Batman (which would be an instant buy for me) and we'll see if that's true when we see NECA release a 1:4 Batman Returns figure or not...
Keep in mind it's never a promise from Hot Toys it's just an announcement. Things can change. And the reason they want to make 1:4 in the first place was to stop competitors mainly Enterbay from competing with them. Same with why Hot Toys start making die cast parts was to knock Play Imaginative's Super Alloy line.

11233523_816289445106332_2245537934759347837_n.jpg

Damn, the HS looks bad, but that tux is HORRIBLE... looks like a hand-me-down or rental...

He's swimming in that jacket, looks terrible.

Yeah, that tux looks really bad...

Swap it for the signal suit!

That's an idea, but I'd still have to replace the head (that is if HT doesn't modify it prior to release). If that's the case, the only thing I'd really be able to use to bash a "signal suit" is the body. Not sure if the body (and torn cowl) would really make the BM/BW set worth the price jump. But then again, ebay prices will probably be pretty high for the torn cowl, so maybe it would be worth it in the end. :dunno

Damn, the HS looks bad, but that tux is HORRIBLE... looks like a hand-me-down or rental...
I'm convinced Hot Toys left this project on the backburner for so long that they gave up on making the glider wings, found a tux already made laying around in their fabrics department, ordered a custom Michael Keaton head off eBay and said, "yeah that'll do".

I'm convinced Hot Toys left this project on the backburner for so long that they gave up on making the glider wings, found a tux already made laying around in their fabrics department, ordered a custom Michael Keaton head off eBay and said, "yeah that'll do".

Pretty sure that's exactly what they've done. This looks to be the same tux from their Leslie Cheung figure
Hot Toys : - Leslie Cheung (Miss You Much Leslie Version) 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

^Yeah, that probably was HT's train of thought when they were putting the set together. Still, I have to say I am still very grateful that this figure is actually even happening. If I've learned anything since I started collecting, it is that no figure release will be perfect or please everyone. I am getting a near perfect Batman Returns figure from one of my favorite movies as a child, and that is enough for me to be happy. A catwoman and penguin figure would just be icing (laced with crack) on the cake.

The Wayne head looks more like Mark Ruffalo than the Bruce Banner figure did lol.

Back