Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

That’s a fantastic looking Catwoman.

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

The Dabbs sculpt is amazing. I had the opportunity to get his full figure when he did the run but I just couldn’t swing it at the time.

I got my Jaxon cape for this figure.
I'm quite happy with it, it is easy to pose and looks good to the naked eye.
That being said the material is borderline weak and will look like tissue paper on close up pictures.
The texture is nowhere near that of the Hot Toys cape, of course the HT cape is thick and really hard to pose.
Again, I do like the Jaxon cape, it drapes beautifully and works for me but you need to know what you're buying.

MCEjepM.jpg

VEgZrCb.jpg

Textures:
HT
DWZVABF.png

Jaxon
QdWZN5Y.png

Very nice pictures. The cape does have a really nice drape to it, but I agree that the material looks a bit shoddy.

Very nice pictures. The cape does have a really nice drape to it, but I agree that the material looks a bit shoddy.

It hasn’t been my experience that the material is or looks shoddy; just different. At normal viewing distance I find it looks very similar to some promo images.

Happy to have it although naturally I’ll keep my stick cape as back-up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still gotta get it but Batman is boxed up at the moment.

Like I said, I think the cape's fabric looks fine to the naked eye but a lot of folks take closeup pictures and the texture may look off on those.
Since this is the least poseable Batman Hot Toys has done so far I wanted a cape that drapes nicely on a typical museum pose, it does the job nicely.

Like I said, I think the cape's fabric looks fine to the naked eye but a lot of folks take closeup pictures and the texture may look off on those.
Since this is the least poseable Batman Hot Toys has done so far I wanted a cape that drapes nicely on a typical museum pose, it does the job nicely.

True -- I scanned your original post quickly on my phone, so 'shoddy' jumped out at me. :p

20190323_210209.jpg
20190323_210219.jpg
20190323_210238.jpg
20190323_210606.jpg
20190323_210616.jpg
20190323_210902.jpg
20190323_224159.jpg
20190323_223843.jpg

Mine with Jaxon's cape

Never understood why HT between DX09 and Returns they turned the color of the eyes from green to blue.
In the same time they sometimes appear green or blue in the movies... Hard to say...:dunno

I managed to score a Batman Returns Batman a couple of weeks back. So glad to get it. Finally got around to taking a real pic on the weekend.

_DSC3053a.jpg

I managed to score a Batman Returns Batman a couple of weeks back. So glad to get it. Finally got around to taking a real pic on the weekend.

[...]

Great shot! Still one of my all-time favourites.

BR related, but Bruce is off doing something else. Turns out chicks *do* dig the car. [emoji6]

Put a little more work in on Ms. Kyle; got the head tightened up on the TBleague ball joint with the addition of some foam. Bored out the hands so they fit a little better on the wrist pegs.

Have yet to address the ankles (she can’t stand without support yet) and deal with all those laces.

I wish Hot Toys would continue with Burton Bats but that’s a pipe dream at this point.

24410ad462a3eb217974a52e3142b722.jpg

8de92b3a4717a838fedab1bd51c975cf.jpg

FINALLY got the torn cowl from eBay. I've been trying to get the Keaton head and cowl pieces for over two years--I finally got the head last year, and after setting up multiple search alerts on eBay (and missing one listing because I made the mistake of making an offer instead of buying it outright) a listing finally popped up yesterday and I got it.

He's been in the same pose for three years now, so I look forward to changing it up with the unmasked look. I'm thinking that I will display him with my unmasked Bale (Armory body + Toyfair Bruce Wayne head) and the unmasked most recent sideshow Batman. That'll be a tough one, because the masked head on that figure is gorgeous, but having all three unmasked figures would make for a cool shelf.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Congrats. The Bruce Wayne figure is kinda lame but the broken cowl Batman look is sweet (even with the slightly off sculpt).

How’s this guy holding up over the years? Any leakage or rubber breaking down issue?

Both of mine are perfect

Back