Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

The firsts suits were great, especially the 89 with this unique bat emblem and the suit that is really raw and organic!
The best imo!

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I like the 89 suit design better, but like the BR logo better.

I would say I generally like the look of the Returns suit better but I think DX09 is the better figure of the two. I've had zero problems with it whereas my initial BR figure

-arrived with a broken arm
-the gauntlet spikes come off easily
-the smoother suit material is more prone to scuffing and had marks on it from the start
-the suit is even more restrictive on articulation than DX09
-the cape, as usual, was awful, custom cape I bought wasn't much easier to work with, can't actually remember whose it was
-Wayne sculpt was a big disappointment and made the deluxe not worth buying IMO.

My 89 figure can't keep a bent arm. I have had him in a static pose for a while with both arms straight. I tried over the weekend to pose him with the grapple gun and bent arm but the arm immediately falls back down on his own due to the rubber.

My 89 figure can't keep a bent arm. I have had him in a static pose for a while with both arms straight. I tried over the weekend to pose him with the grapple gun and bent arm but the arm immediately falls back down on his own due to the rubber.
Yeah, that's a problem with all the DX09s. That's why the BR figure has racheted joints.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's a problem with all the DX09s. That's why the BR figure has racheted joints.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

HT messed up the DX with the arms, its the only thing that lets the figure down, that basically you cant pose him other then arms down by his side. Its still one of my favourite figs but the lack of possibility is a real shame.

Hi guys

Just noticed my Keaton in smoking figure’s shirt has a yellowish tint and stains underneath the jacket. Anyone else encountered this? It's been posed in a smoke free place for about a year now, away from direct sunlight. Only the main parts are affected, not the seams with the buttons, nor the collar.

2f83526e-7645-4d42-8ecc-674277efde40.JPG
1d8682f2-6337-4752-8e2c-1873a1a67d56.JPG

People have mentioned that it can be the glue that does this. Are you in a humid area?

My Han Solo shirt turned yellow along the opening where there also happens to be a wire that looked all corroded when I removed it. A second Han shirt that I removed the wire from immediately has changed a bit as well I believe, though maybe more slowly.

I’m in the Northeast so the summers get pretty humid.

People have mentioned that it can be the glue that does this. Are you in a humid area?

My Han Solo shirt turned yellow along the opening where there also happens to be a wire that looked all corroded when I removed it. A second Han shirt that I removed the wire from immediately has changed a bit as well I believe, though maybe more slowly.

I’m in the Northeast so the summers get pretty humid.

So there’s glue in the shirt, in the folds I presume? We’ve had a hot and humid summer that lasted months, I thought that might be the problem.

If there’s glue inside, can I wash it somehow?

Got the Batman Returns two pack in today and I love the figures. 89 Batman is still my favorite Hot toys figure but this one is great too. Glad I was able to finally get the set and from a fellow freak on the board. I can't wait to get my figures all set up the new house. I am thinking about putting the Bruce Wayne in the Batmobile. I am finally glad they gave the Keaton Batman Ratchet arms too so he can hold poses.

Hi guys

Just noticed my Keaton in smoking figure’s shirt has a yellowish tint and stains underneath the jacket. Anyone else encountered this? It's been posed in a smoke free place for about a year now, away from direct sunlight. Only the main parts are affected, not the seams with the buttons, nor the collar.

View attachment 429224
View attachment 429225

I just checked my Bruce Wayne figure and his shirt also has those yellow glue discolorations. :gah:

It would look spot on if they had made a jumpsuit Penguin, but on a Shrek Christmas Party Bruce Wayne it is distracting to say the least.

wire cape by me

d228f1dcc28dec9f5ea988dc75a6a587.jpg

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

I gotta get your great capes for my HT 1989 Batman and the 1/4 scale large format Batman 1989 some day, Jaxon.

My unreal capes, if you have either of these figures a custom cape is a must
01441ef2a2cfdcd56bb585027d71cc49.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The capes look good, but I’m one of the few that likes the stock cape of the 89 figure. Once you futz with it, t looks pretty good. I bought a returns cape to see how it drapes on an 89 figure, but it just doesn’t sit right.

The capes look good, but I’m one of the few that likes the stock cape of the 89 figure. Once you futz with it, t looks pretty good. I bought a returns cape to see how it drapes on an 89 figure, but it just doesn’t sit right.

Yeah the custom capes can be expensive but Iv never managed to get a decent look from the capes that came with the 89 batman or the returns figure.
Be interested in seeing how you futzed yours [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I can’t find the video on YouTube for some reason, but pretty much you kinda fold the wire bottoms half an inch and tuck it between the figure and the stand. Then just kinda squeeze and pull down to try and get the cape close to the figure as possible. Also turn the gauntlets inwards so they don’t stick out and make the cape stick out.

ff54609bc51884b286286a5d42f8468b.jpg

8fb434a452e54d0303b79e5affac4a8a.jpg

964f393744df3e451b90da3fc40618a9.jpg

Back