1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You people are unhealthy for me, I just ordered Obi Wan too. The $30 off and free ship was pretty palatable, plus the RPs I'll use towards Dr. Strange later on is always good.

For those on the edge, both Popcultcha and BBTS have less than 5 in stock. If you're gonna do it, now is probably the time to do so.

Just ordered with the $30 off and free shipping.

Now I just need Luke and Leia to complete the ANH good guy lineup.

You people are unhealthy for me, I just ordered Obi Wan too. The $30 off and free ship was pretty palatable, plus the RPs I'll use towards Dr. Strange later on is always good.

For those on the edge, both Popcultcha and BBTS have less than 5 in stock. If you're gonna do it, now is probably the time to do so.

How do you know about the Popcultcha stock levels of the Obi Wan figure?

How do you know about the Popcultcha stock levels of the Obi Wan figure?
Punch in an obscene number of figures and see if it lets you update the cart. I usually start with 50. If they don't have enough it'll tell you that they don't have enough stock with a big pink band. I whittled Obi Wan down to 2.

Punch in an obscene number of figures and see if it lets you update the cart. I usually start with 50. If they don't have enough it'll tell you that they don't have enough stock with a big pink band. I whittled Obi Wan down to 2.

Wow! Thanks for the tip!

That's actually a really cool idea that you thought of. :clap

I live in Australia and already have the Obi Wan figure but will use this tip on future figures that I intend to purchase from Popcultcha. :)

Wow! Thanks for the tip!

That's actually a really cool idea that you thought of. :clap

I live in Australia and already have the Obi Wan figure but will use this tip on future figures that I intend to purchase from Popcultcha. :)
Absolutely! I use PC as a backup in the event I stall too long on something available stateside, so I'll occasionally monitor stock that way. Glad to hear you'll get some use out of it! 👍

And now a public service announcement for passerbys:

SIDESHOW HAS 4 OBI WAN FIGURES LEFT. GET 'EM WHILE YOU CAN FOLKS.

Frankly, I'm a little ticked off that I ordered the day before we got the $30 coupon, but at least I was able to use $10 in rewards points. Now I only "overpaid" by $20 instead of $30.

Oh, well. I should get it tomorrow.

UPDATE:

It arrived! Man, what a swell-looking figure!!

No offense, fellers, but none of the photos I saw here can compare to how good it looks in-hand. The likeness is really, really there now that I've seen one in person. I was always skeptical of that... until now.

Minor quibbles: the beard still looks a bit too curly, and the hood on the robe a bit small. But man, the detail on these things is stunning!

Still sucks about them running out of R.O. Vaders, though...

Last edited:
Got mine Friday, opened him quick tonight. Very solid figure; had to swap the batteries in the arm. The lightsabers are neat! This is again, a well executed but simple figure. When I look at this in the grand scheme of things, I probably didn't NEED to add him to the collection, and was wooed a bit by the risk of missing out, but I think I will be pleased to have him once I reorganize my shelves a bit.

The cloak texture was nothing like what I was expecting, and futzing is this strange mix of necessary and non existent (I.e. the cloak drapes perfectly but the cuffs of the inner sleeve need work).

The sculpt is absolutely a thing of beauty. Very, very well done and I absolutely love the fine detailing throughout the hair sculpt. I'm VERY surprised anyone is trying to replace this.

Anyways. Dope figure, if not a bit unexciting - but that's not necessarily a BAD thing by any means.

Got mine Friday, opened him quick tonight. Very solid figure; had to swap the batteries in the arm. The lightsabers are neat! This is again, a well executed but simple figure. When I look at this in the grand scheme of things, I probably didn't NEED to add him to the collection, and was wooed a bit by the risk of missing out, but I think I will be pleased to have him once I reorganize my shelves a bit.

The cloak texture was nothing like what I was expecting, and futzing is this strange mix of necessary and non existent (I.e. the cloak drapes perfectly but the cuffs of the inner sleeve need work).

The sculpt is absolutely a thing of beauty. Very, very well done and I absolutely love the fine detailing throughout the hair sculpt. I'm VERY surprised anyone is trying to replace this.

Anyways. Dope figure, if not a bit unexciting - but that's not necessarily a BAD thing by any means.

Yeah, Ben definitely falls under the "a tad boring but essential" category.:lol

There is a kind of magic to getting him into the right pose - I have right posed right before the Vader duel and it turned a slightly meh fig into front row.

Yeah it's a good one
c6297a842229227597b28f28e8977a5f.jpg

I had no interest in Ben when he was first revealed and went to preorder. Even when he started to ship I thought HT did a great with sculpt and appearance, but was not a figure I would pay $220 + shipping. In early December SS had a $50 OFF & Free shipping promotion that brought the price point down $170 which I thought was reasonable. Made the purchase, love the figure. Very happy its in my collection for $170. But NOTE would not desire to have this at $220

Yeah, Ben definitely falls under the "a tad boring but essential" category.:lol

There is a kind of magic to getting him into the right pose - I have right posed right before the Vader duel and it turned a slightly meh fig into front row.

I have mine posed in the same pose, if it's the one I'm thinking of. It's turned the figure into one of the more striking figures in my ANH collection.

Due to finance and having the old Sideshow Obi Wan figure, I thought I'd get this "copy headsculpt" for £25 from Chinese ebay seller. Not bad for the price.

63caa2e7816c305e7e03ef684e8c782a.jpg

1b6cbb088f8fbf8512714e977c03c183.jpg

cb062a120b54b09cfa8a93f1a43da75e.jpg

ccc50c834901e3cef6824bb3ca9adebf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yeah they're pretty good. I grabbed one when they first came out and am using all SSC gear with the HT robe and this head.

pointless to get on WL for this? like isnt it abit old for them to randomly find more stock?

I initially ordered a Rogue One Darth Vader as my first Hot Toys figure, but the box arrived in a very bad shape. Since the busted up Vader was their last stock, the seller offered me Obi-Wan on a very, very good price as a temporary replacement while waiting on my new Vader. Needless to say, this figure is awesome on-hand!

IMG_5473-01.jpg

Back