1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jnix + SilentSurfer =

IMG2680.jpg

:thud: That is absolutely amazing. I had forgotten about SilentSurfer being a painter. He did an incredible job. Really brought jnix sculpt to life.

Came to this thread to try to hype myself into buying this figure, but that jinx sculpt really highlights how much soul is missing from the stock sculpt. And I typically don't care for custom sculpts.

man I can't get over that paintjob. I don't think I'd even put that on the figure, but rather put it inside a of glass bubble for posterity. Outstanding! I keep waiting for him to move or speak.

Its lovely as surfer is one of the all time greats... perfect precision, technique and I don't know how he does it but it's so smooth and clean it looks like it sheld be a 1/1 scale head. There is something that gives it an almost animated quality to it though. I think it could be the level of density of the paint, his hair and beard is little too white but at least he nailed the contrast between the dark and light areas better than Jnix or HT did on their sculpt.

As a work of art I prefer the silent surfer head to the Jnix paint, it's less detailed, less impressive and its still got that whole shiny deal...but there is more realism to the Jnix paint somehow. The problem is all of his paint jobs are a little too washed out and brown overall. The likeness was lost a lot in the paint job I think... These are bad pics, will post better ones later but I amped up the likeness with adjusting paint around the eyes, beard and eyebrows.

Just got an email yesterday that my waitlist order is converting. Kind of a bummer to have to come up with the cash right now, but I figure this is my last chance at this guy.

Just got an email yesterday that my waitlist order is converting. Kind of a bummer to have to come up with the cash right now, but I figure this is my last chance at this guy.

He's pretty awesome so it's worth it. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that 3/4 angle on the Jnix sculpt is about perfect (the SS paint app is killer), but the closer it gets to straight on it loses a bit of that perfection. Always felt the features were a tad close together/narrow, was on the fence for sure.

Or is it Jnix's sculpt? I'm losing track of all these custom sculpts for various characters. Seems like you see a new one pop up daily. :lol

In any event, the sculpt in QGF's pictures in post #4414 looks tremendous.

Back