1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or is it Jnix's sculpt? I'm losing track of all these custom sculpts for various characters. Seems like you see a new one pop up daily. :lol

In any event, the sculpt in QGF's pictures in post #4414 looks tremendous.

That's Jinx's sculpt, painted by SilentSurfer, owned by ShortRound (Shorty)!

no worries with the hood possibly staining the head-sculpt when up for extended periods of time? just unboxed and love it so had to ask. also is it hard to switch out arm, any advice for when i do it.

thks!:)

awesome how much does silent surfer charge to paint

My guess is that painted head cost $300+ all up shipped.

It's Shorty's sculpt...
IMG2687.jpg

It looks incredible in the silentsurfer close-up pics, but less so in this on-the-body pic. Not sure why - maybe a little on the small side? The features look a bit smooshed together and the face a bit too flat.

It does. That head looks really, really good. He looks a bit cross-eyed but only I think because of how the light is reflecting, that might be what people are seeing as "smooshed together."

I still like my HT Obi-Wan because of the detail, but man are a lot of their Star Wars sculpts off. I keep hearing about how much the head honchos at Hot Toys are into Star Wars, but to me only Leia, Old Han, and Chirrut have hit the mark in the head sculpt department.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It does. That head looks really, really good. He looks a bit cross-eyed but only I think because of how the light is reflecting, that might be what people are seeing as "smooshed together."

I still like my HT Obi-Wan because of the detail, but man are a lot of their Star Wars sculpts off. I keep hearing about how much the head honchos at Hot Toys are into Star Wars, but to me only Leia, Old Han, and Chirrut have hit the mark in the head sculpt department.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed. I think the HT sculpt is decent, but after seeing the Jnix sculpt with that paint job in that particular photo, you realize how off the HT sculpt is. Particularly in the eye area, as if they're a bit too thin and wide horizontally. Still a decent sculpt as I mentioned, but did fall short of the mark.

Agreed. I think the HT sculpt is decent, but after seeing the Jnix sculpt with that paint job in that particular photo, you realize how off the HT sculpt is. Particularly in the eye area, as if they're a bit too thin and wide horizontally. Still a decent sculpt as I mentioned, but did fall short of the mark.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Yeah, but the HT sculpt was one of those HT SW heads that people didn't see Alec initially, but then suddenly the standard HT hypnosis set in (aided by their "living flesh" paint apps,) and people went all glassy-eyed and said "it's the best Alec Guinness ever" with a robot voice.

It has a few Guinness parts floating around in the sculpt but overall it's a generic old bearded guy that thankfully comes with some very nice renditions Ben's outer robes so you know who he is. I display it with hood up and pulled forward and it's a great figure.:lol

It's the worst in likeness but the best in detail. I'm sure some think Luke is the worst too.

I'm in this camp.

Don't think the sculpt is atrocious, never did, but it gets my vote as being the worst ANH likeness. Obi-Wan being the penultimate one, and Leia being the best.

the HT sculpt was one of those HT SW heads that people didn't see Alec initially, but then suddenly the standard HT hypnosis set in (aided by their "living flesh" paint apps,) and people went all glassy-eyed and said "it's the best Alec Guinness ever" with a robot voice.

Like clockwork. :lol

I'm in this camp.

Don't think the sculpt is atrocious, never did, but it gets my vote as being the worst ANH likeness. Obi-Wan being the penultimate one, and Leia being the best.

Kenobi the penultimate worst or best? Even with Kenobi not being great, he's up there with Solo as my favorite among the ANH humans. Leia's head sculpt is clearly the best but her dress is subpar and the outfit in general is pretty unexciting--can't wait for Hoth Leia for that reason.

Probably a combination of the outfits being really iconic and HT pulling them off just well enough, with some aspects coming out really well.

Kenobi the penultimate worst or best? Even with Kenobi not being great, he's up there with Solo as my favorite among the ANH humans. Leia's head sculpt is clearly the best but her dress is subpar and the outfit in general is pretty unexciting--can't wait for Hoth Leia for that reason.

Probably a combination of the outfits being really iconic and HT pulling them off just well enough, with some aspects coming out really well.

Penultimate worst, second to last.

Of course it's all subjective though, because as maligned as the Solo sculpt is by many, I actually think it's really good.

Back