1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hood helps this sculpt tremendously and I like you Lejuan, prefer Obi hood up as that is the iconic look for me. He looks much better with the shadows covering his forehead and ears just like Han, the shows are very accommodating to squeeze out likeness.

I broke down and paid an embarrassingly high price for Obi Wan on eBay. I wish I had known how obsessed I would become about collecting Star Wars Hot Toy figures back when he was only $240. Oh well...

Have ordered mine via flex pay, has not been delivered yet but thinking about partying ways with it even though I like the figure. In case you are interested PM me.

A big reason why I think old Ben will come around again is that the Episode IV heroes are the most iconic group in popculture, the most magnificent seven that many latecomers will be wanting. I also wonder if their are the same number of releases for the Han & Chewie set to the Luke Ex set. It's like with the stormie disguise set, if you have one, you'd want the other.

What do you think, will Hot Toys release more or less of Han in disguise? I think more. Unless another regular troop comes before him, this would be a good single for the interim with spare Ford sculpt. More importantly, it'll create a bigger after market demand for Luke and meddle with our perception of what these are worth and what we are willing to pay for. Obi-wan's going to do the same thing, but this guy really ought'a stay in print for as long as Han, Chewie and Luke. Wait are selling out aren't they...

Reprint them all as DX sets I guess. Or 1/4 them, lol.

A big reason why I think old Ben will come around again is that the Episode IV heroes are the most iconic group in popculture, the most magnificent seven that many latecomers will be wanting. I also wonder if their are the same number of releases for the Han & Chewie set to the Luke Ex set. It's like with the stormie disguise set, if you have one, you'd want the other.

What do you think, will Hot Toys release more or less of Han in disguise? I think more. Unless another regular troop comes before him, this would be a good single for the interim with spare Ford sculpt. More importantly, it'll create a bigger after market demand for Luke and meddle with our perception of what these are worth and what we are willing to pay for. Obi-wan's going to do the same thing, but this guy really ought'a stay in print for as long as Han, Chewie and Luke. Wait are selling out aren't they...

Reprint them all as DX sets I guess. Or 1/4 them, lol.

I heard SW isn't big in Asia. The only rereleases lately have been Iron Man armors(very big in Asia). I don't see a reason for a rerelease as his character ends in Star Wars and the others continue in ESB and ROTJ. I do see a Mcgregor Obi Wan eventually though.

I heard SW isn't big in Asia. The only rereleases lately have been Iron Man armors(very big in Asia).

Not entirely true. Like me, I was 11 years old when I saw Star Wars back in 1977. By now, others like me who seen it back then are now die hard Star Wars collectors. Coz we have now the money to indulged. I met other guys like me who keep to them self about there collection (even to there wives in terms of cost). So you wont hear much about us. What I'm trying to say theres a lot of guys like me in Asia that hoard Star Wars merchandise quietly.

tried the hasbro inner tunic with the hot toys cloth belt. i think im finally happy with my old ben :)

4979.jpg4982.jpg

Anyone that has one for sale please hit me up. Didn't think this figure would sell out so fast and skyrocket in price the way it has.

Mine will be here Thursday. After 2 and half months wait, 4 figures later.....Im like..well ok.

Attachments

• IMG_1609.JPG
    IMG_1609.JPG
    834.9 KB · Views: 283
Yeah, the hasbro inner robes are pretty damn good, though they're a bit long. I'm probably trimming mine.

Has anyone added any ginger to the beard? I'm thinking about it.

Back