1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God help me, I'm starting to see a WHOLE LOT of Alec in this sculpt out of nowhere... CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPP!!!!!!!!! Must find strength!!! Serenity NOW!!!!

adeimage.jpg

136image.jpg

It's really not this good in hand, right?? RIGHT!!!?

God help me, I'm starting to see a WHOLE LOT of Alec in this sculpt out of nowhere... CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPP!!!!!!!!! Must find strength!!! Serenity NOW!!!!

That's what I was saying (either in this or another thread), these lastest Hot Toy offerings look way better in hand than in photos. I was pleasantly surprised by both Han and Obi-Wan when I opened them up. Can't wait to get Leia to complete my ANH shelf.

In hand, it's even better.

Hmmm... how can I put this so as not to hurt your feelings, Jaxon? You're a HORRIBLE person, and no one likes you. :pfft:

Yes, YES!!

That's what I was saying (either in this or another thread), these lastest Hot Toy offerings look way better in hand than in photos. I was pleasantly surprised by both Han and Obi-Wan when I opened them up. Can't wait to get Leia to complete my ANH shelf.

I don't appreciate this feedback AT ALL, SNH... I'm getting them impression that you're a TERRIBLE person too :pfft::pfft:

But, Hey! I don't need this figure, right? I've got lots and LOTS of GREAT HT figures from this line, right, RIGHT!? I'll NEVER miss this ONE figure, RIGHT!? Forget Obi-Wan! Who's with me..!!!!!!

QuiGon, I mean if you look at a side by side comparison between Alec Guinness and the face sculpt. It isn't a great representation of him. His eyes aren't baggy and big enough. His beard isn't all squiggly looking.

But when I look over at him there is no mistaking him for anyone else than old ben kenobi. To me at least. Some people are obviously very unhappy with it but I think it looks great. Probably better than if they actually used a more accurate rendition.

I just don't want you to get this thing thinking that it will suddenly become a perfect representation of Alec.

adeimage.jpg

136image.jpg

Apart from this being probably the best Hot Toys figure I've ever seen, I don't have anything positive to say about it. Hope that helps!

I caved weeks ago. It's waiting at the post office now.

No help here.

Yes, but you have no WILLPOWER, ZE... You've demonstrated that in no uncertain terms over and over again out here in the threads. Please accept my heartfelt pity...

QuiGon, I mean if you look at a side by side comparison between Alec Guinness and the face sculpt. It isn't a great representation of him. His eyes aren't baggy and big enough. His beard isn't all squiggly looking.

But when I look over at him there is no mistaking him for anyone else than old ben kenobi. To me at least. Some people are obviously very unhappy with it but I think it looks great. Probably better than if they actually used a more accurate rendition.

I just don't want you to get this thing thinking that it will suddenly become a perfect representation of Alec.

Ah! Now, it's just THIS sort of commentary that I'd be very happy to receive were I content to continue with my fence riding disposition! But since I'm trying to get OFF said fence on the correct side, and since your final thought moves against this, you get one of these. :pfft:

Apart from this being probably the best Hot Toys figure I've ever seen, I don't have anything positive to say about it. Hope that helps!

Ah, Karamazov.... With your comments here, you clearly overlook the unpleasant alternative of punishment:

754image.jpg

That right, baby, blending sci-if icons like a BOSS.

Yes, but you have no WILLPOWER, ZE... You've demonstrated that in no uncertain terms over and over again out here in the threads. Please accept my heartfelt pity...

LOLZ... I would, but I'll be too busy enjoying my 1977 line-up. ;)

Actually, who knows what I'll keep. I just had to see them in-hand, all in one place. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope all of you that are waitlisted convert on this amazing figure.

I jumped on it day one PO because Obi is my favorite character from the movies, OT or PT.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Okay. Just picked it up from the post office. First impression out-of-the-box, as I begin to futz those robes is...pretty damn good. Impressive representation.

Pictures later, I'm headed out with the lady tonight so can't play with dolls until later this weekend. ;)

Okay, two quick snapshots before I head out.

There will be some futzing to do as the robe is quite voluminous.

Here I just hit it real quick with the steamer to rough in how I might want it to look. You can still see some condensation.

be94b85b6364f10e213c389c46bb1ae6.jpg

88bc0fb69a8a17a330d113e41cf2a950.jpg

Hey QGF! You should get one of these. ;)

:lol Looks good, ZE. It's funny, and I've noticed this with mine as well, but when you really conceal a lot of the shape of the head as you've done and hide the ears and sides of the face, it brings out a bit of the Guinness likeness. Looking forward to more shots.

Yeah, first thing I noticed. He's gotta be rockin' the hoodie.

Not unlike SSC's Red Five Luke, in that regard, who needs his helmet.

I won't get another chance to work with this one until next week, so you'll be waiting a while on those shots, but I'll be sure to share after fine-tuning the robes in a few days.

I still don't know if I'll keep the whole line-up, long term, but it's fun to build the group for now.

Yep, cover up half his head and put his face into shadow and the likeness is much better :lol

I'm still considering a 1/6 paper bag for Hans' head.

Yep, cover up half his head and put his face into shadow and the likeness is much better :lol

I'm still considering a 1/6 paper bag for Hans' head.

LOL...I think the SSC head is a better sculpt, but at this time I'm unwilling to invest time and money on a top-shelf repaint. I see the issues with this one, but maybe I'm not invested enough in the character to care as much.

I can tell you about sub-millimeter differences on the stormie helmet sculpts, but with old Ben I'm all: "Throw a hood on 'im and it's all good."

Subjective, this hobby is.

LOL...I think the SSC head is a better sculpt, but at this time I'm unwilling to invest time and money on a top-shelf repaint. I see the issues with this one, but maybe I'm not invested enough in the character to care as much.

I can tell you about sub-millimeter differences on the stormie helmet sculpts, but with old Ben I'm all: "Throw a hood on 'im and it's all good."

Subjective, this hobby is.

Yeah, even if the sculpt was 100% perfect I'd still have the hood up because that's how I like to think of Obi Wan. And for me having the whole cast together reinforces the identity of the characters and alleviates some of my frustration with likeness and design.

Back