1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks paramoremcm88 you just cost me £200! :wink1:

I went and ordered this from loontentoys - I've never ordered anything from him before, is he as good as his feedback suggests?

:lol sorry! He's worth it though.

Yeah I know loads of folks who've ordered from him and all has been fine.

I'll never buy from Loontentoys again. He only has good feedback because by the time the deal goes completely sour and you give up on his lies the feedback window has closed. Took a paypal dispute to get my cash back.

Unpacked mine today and no matter what everyone is saying ... this figure is really gorgeous in my opinion (accessories and everything). The pics I saw so far do never do it justice (don´t know why HT cannot present pics in better quality depicting the reality). IMO it IS Alec Guinness to 99.9 % ...

Any more pics of the that repainted SS? He looks pretty good after repaint, likeness is stronger than the HT IMO. I think it's the eyes, the HT one looks a bit too slanted.

Did Trevor sculpted the SS 1/6 one back in 2007?

Last edited:
Any opinions on the darkness of his head; understanding he's from Tatooine but maybe a bit too dark/tan?

well i couldnt leave him alone. the fabric bugged me too much. i liked the sideshow inner tunic but didnt like the color . so here is the ht obi with the ss tunic whitened with acrylic paint. the pic isnt picking up the details but they are there.

pulled the trigger on obi after seeing the image of luke and obi together on the shelf from the luke tread :)

Experimenting with lighting.

CND71jb.jpg

Mine shipped out yesterday from Sideshow, took advantage of the monthly $20 coupon and free shipping as well. Looking forward to getting it.

Mine arrived today and he looks great.
If there was anything I had to "knock" it for, it would be the thin outer robe and the odd seam in his beard.
I am surprised that he hasn't sold out yet since there really is no reason for another version to be made.

At my distributor he's sold out at the pre-order time period. (Europe)
Luckily I have one.

Back