1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sold out in Australia too. Looks like it's last to be sold out in North America. I don't think it will take too long though. I can't see HT doing another version.

Picked mine up for $214 shipped @ SSC with December code. Should be here tomorrow.

Hey, they'll never make another Ben. Thanks for the heads up Wor-Gar.

I saw the posts above and was thinking 'shall I pick it up now or not'....decided not to.
Then at lunch I went to my local comic book shop to pick up the latest Marvel Star Wars.
As I pay Hot Toys Obi Wan is sitting on the counter looking at me. Ba$%*rd.
Walk out of store with Hot Toys Obi Wan.

The sculpt is superb. On some of the shots I got a bit of Richard Chamberlain vibe from it, but in hand, I don't. It looks incredible.
My wallet hurts.

I saw the posts above and was thinking 'shall I pick it up now or not'....decided not to.
Then at lunch I went to my local comic book shop to pick up the latest Marvel Star Wars.
As I pay Hot Toys Obi Wan is sitting on the counter looking at me. Ba$%*rd.
Walk out of store with Hot Toys Obi Wan.

The sculpt is superb. On some of the shots I got a bit of Richard Chamberlain vibe from it, but in hand, I don't. It looks incredible.
My wallet hurts.

If there was a local comic shop that offered recent HT on display I'd be impulse buying all the time.

Went to my LCS today and he had one on sale again (I bought one) and this time the price was jacked up to $270. Must mean he can't get no more.

this is one of the best HT SW figures to date for me. you cannot go wrong. this thing will cost and arm and leg once sold out. just like Han and Chewy are starting to do. if you're on the fence, buy it. if you change your mind, you'll have no problems moving it.

To me it's a disappointment. It doesn't photograph well but in hand I'm not seeing any resemblance to Guinness. I'm probably going to sell it but wait until it sells out so I can at least get my money back. I can deal with not having him if I'm not satisfied with the finished product. I'ts a shame for me because HT probably won't make another and I like how the body/clothes accessories came out.

This is definitely the figure with the worst likeness so far. It's been said many times before that while it's a great looking "Obi-Wan", it's not a great looking Sir Alec Guiness. I wouldn't be surprised if we get someone offering a better sculpt in the customs section soon.

Anyone know if this is still in stock somewhere in the UK? Didn't think it would sell out so fast

It blows my mind with people say the likeness to Alec is spot on.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

It blows my mind with people say the likeness to Alec is spot on.

It's more like a really good cosplayer. Not Guinness but you see where they were going.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's more like a really good cosplayer. Not Guinness but you see where they were going.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Oh yea. The figure is top notch for sure. I have a repainted sideshow though. This one looks like Mr. Coburn here. Lol uploadfromtaptalk1450313935683.jpg

Back