1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EIII Hayden? I'm never not surprised when people support the Lucas Unholy Three. :thud:

EIII Hayden? I'm never not surprised when people support the Lucas Unholy Three. :thud:

hoy1d.jpg

I wish either Sideshow or HT would DARE to venture outside the 'expected' main characters and make more cantina aliens...
I love my Momaw Nadon, and I know thousands of people would happily buy the other aliens. So far, (not including Hasbro) the cantina band, Greedo, and Momaw Nadon are the only ones ever produced, and they only made 850 Momaws.

Think of the display possibilities with the figures we already have, in combination with the best cantina aliens...
The popularity of the FIRST film is coming back- Sideshow and Hot Toys should run with it; Give us a Duro two-pack: Ellorrs Medak and Baniss-keeg. Give us Feltipern Trevagg, Myo, Takeel, Kabe, Bom Vimdin, Djas Puhr, Muftak, Nabrub Leids, etc...

The new Chewbacca, Ben, Han, R2, 3PO and the other primaries to come- all could be complimented greatly in the company of non-primaries. It's not like they wouldn't sell, because they would. Friggin Jawas!!!

Last edited:
I bet HT could make a pretty kick-ass ROTS Anakin. The time has passed for me to be excited about such a figure but I'm sure they'll make a lot of PT fans happy when they finally get around to releasing him.

But yeah, I do really like this Ben figure but the most exciting aspect of his full preview is "good, maybe we'll see Luke and Leia soon!"

I wish either Sideshow or HT would DARE to venture outside the 'expected' main characters and make more cantina aliens...
I love my Momaw Nadon, and I know thousands of people would happily buy the other aliens. So far, (not including Hasbro) the cantina band, Greedo, and Momaw Nadon are the only ones ever produced, and they only made 850 Momaws.
They did only make 2350 of momaw (ex and regular) and 2727 of Greedo. Other figures for comparison, 4250 of the sand people. Snowtrooper was 5000. Don't know what numbers HT usually produces but something like 2350 seems a little small. I would think there's a market for Ponda Baba from Sideshow.

Think of the display possibilities with the figures we already have, in combination with the best cantina aliens...
The popularity of the FIRST film is coming back- Sideshow and Hot Toys should run with it; Give us a Duro two-pack: Ellorrs Medak and Baniss-keeg. Give us Feltipern Trevagg, Myo, Takeel, Kabe, Bom Vimdin, Djas Puhr, Muftak, Nabrub Leids, etc...

The new Chewbacca, Ben, Han, R2, 3PO and the other primaries to come- all could be complimented greatly in the company of non-primaries. It's not like they wouldn't sell, because they would. Friggin Jawas!!!

I'd rather have all the Jedis and bounty hunters from clone wars and episode 3

If/when they do prequels, they should start with Qui-Gon and Maul. Cover the Tatooine and Naboo looks in a cool two pack. Anakin (all versions) is a little *****.

Plus, those two are some of the earliest ones Sideshow did. Doubt Sideshow will be doing them again, if ever, so they'd be fair game.

I feel like Howard Chan said outright that ROTS Anakin was coming after Bespin Luke way back when. If not for that I'd absolutely assume that Maul would be first. If you're ever gonna do a "one and done" for the PT, he would be it.

I love my Momaw Nadon

Why thank you, but at least buy me dinner first. This is all so sudden. :monkey3

I fear for my wallet at a cantina full of aliens at Hot Toy's prices inflated due to the "one-off" nature of most of the tooling.

I would buy Ponda Baba in a heartbeat but am happy for SS to produce him. The GG sixth scale Cantina statues of Blue Snags, Greedo and Ponda Baba work well in a display. In fact I prefer the statue of Greedo to the SS figure. SS Momaw Nadon in his nook with GG Greedo and Ponda at the bar look great. Alas I had neither the funds or the space for the cantina environment.

If/when they do prequels, they should start with Qui-Gon and Maul. Cover the Tatooine and Naboo looks in a cool two pack. Anakin (all versions) is a little *****.

Plus, those two are some of the earliest ones Sideshow did. Doubt Sideshow will be doing them again, if ever, so they'd be fair game.

**Maul**
**Qui-Gon**
**ROTS Obi-Wan**
**ROTS Anakin**

Would buy them all.

I would FEAR Hot Toys prices... Sideshow did the Cantina band members, Greedo and Momaw very well, so I would trust them to handle others nicely.
Depending on the complexity of the character, costume, etc., I'm sure the SS prices could be similar to what they charged for Momaw Nadon or the Tuskan Raiders, assuming they don't go full-HT like they did in pricing the X-Wing Luke. The head sculpts and paint apps for most of the aliens would be a lot more forgiving and easier to produce than the Luke Pilot, (which is a very good sculpt in my opinion) but still, one never knows...
Duros.jpg

Last edited:
I would FEAR Hot Toys prices... Sideshow did the Cantina band members, Greedo and Momaw very well, so I would trust them to handle others nicely.
Depending on the complexity of the character, costume, etc., I'm sure the SS prices could be similar to what they charged for Momaw Nadon or the Tuskan Raiders, assuming they don't go full-HT like they did in pricing the X-Wing Luke. The head sculpts and paint apps for most of the aliens would be a lot more forgiving and easier to produce than the Luke Pilot, (which is a very good sculpt in my opinion) but still, one never knows...
View attachment 167021

By the end of this year we will have arrived at the "nothing under $200" pricepoint for 1/6 Sideshow.

Unless they improve their production product, people will just stop buying.

Yep. Though they are the only ones who will make the Walrusmans and the Dengars.

I saw they said they were developing several of those cantina/Jabba's creature characters many years ago, but they never saw light of day. It's the reason I dived in and made myself a Ree Yees - grow old waiting otherwise.

Hammerhead was SSC's best non human figure - hands down. So glad I got him during the initial run.

They certainly at least need to make Walrusman & Snaggletooth going forward, & just forget about their.. 'humans'. :lol

Hammerhead was SSC's best non human figure - hands down. So glad I got him during the initial run.

They certainly at least need to make Walrusman & Snaggletooth going forward, & just forget about their.. 'humans'. :lol

yeah me to. I was in awe when I first opened the box. when I saw it I was like wow this box is huge wide

I thought their Greedo and the Bib Fortuna were all very well done - the latter has one of the best Sideshow non human sculpts, imo

Back