1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahoy!

Workin on some new displays for my desert dwelling figures. Here's old Ben making his way through a Mos Eisley-esque alley. Still a lot of work ahead, but thought I'd share.

Cheers,
-Ahab

Dirt town 1 wip.jpg

Ahoy!

Workin on some new displays for my desert dwelling figures. Here's old Ben making his way through a Mos Eisley-esque alley. Still a lot of work ahead, but thought I'd share.

Cheers,
-Ahab

View attachment 258993

great work!!!
Those figures look great in that environment.
I always picture Ben having kept the General Grievous' star fighter. With it covered in a tarp round the back of his hut. Every now and then, flying it to another settlement to get supplies and such.
I would try and build it but it would be the size of a coffee table, lol.

Had Obi Wan in for a while now but just managed to get him out and displayed over these last few days, absolutely wonderful figure from HT -

RE: the ignition switch. The most people aren't supposed to easily use a Lightsaber is that the switch is held on by the user with the force. It means if they dropped it, the thing switches off. It can stay on if they force throw it.
A normal person could thumb the switch, but would have to hold it in themselves.

Have you seen the movies?. While Vader used his saber as such in Empire, Obi Wan never did... furthermore, my main point is that both Alec and his younger counterpart both hold the saber with their right hand as the upper/prominent hand in all their scenes. To make the light up saber with his right hand in the lower position does not make sense to me. Force ability to turn on a saber has really nothing to do with it but at the point Alec was in the films, this was never a topic anyways.

4221187-star+wars+episode+iv+-+a+new+hope_mp4_snapshot_01_31_02_[2014_11_16_02_51_13].jpg
Kenobi_Ep_III.jpg

anyone willing to part with a hand or two?? Just got the light up arm from Toy Anxiety... need a hand to match.

PM me if you can help! please!

I need a left hand to match! I'm going with a repainted SS hs... and bits and pieces from HT obi wan... the generic hands I have on him are no match for the hand on the saber arm... y'dig??

Have you seen the movies?. While Vader used his saber as such in Empire, Obi Wan never did... furthermore, my main point is that both Alec and his younger counterpart both hold the saber with their right hand as the upper/prominent hand in all their scenes. To make the light up saber with his right hand in the lower position does not make sense to me. Force ability to turn on a saber has really nothing to do with it but at the point Alec was in the films, this was never a topic anyways.

View attachment 259417
View attachment 259418

Just a hundred times apiece. Or so...

Hello there.
I have a question for those owning both the SSC Obi Padawan and the HT ANH Obi-Wan.

I want to use the Padawan to create a ROTS Obi that's better than the ROTS Obi by Sideshow (from circa 2007). To that aim, I'd like to use the Sideshow Padawan as base figure, then change the head (selling the original one) and use the old Obi lightsaber forearm on that base figure. I am sure you all remember that the Padawan has a similar feature, where the forearm can be switched. Problem is, as always, connector compatibility

Can anybody enlighten me? Can the HT forearm be somehow applied or adapted for a good fit on the Sideshow figure?

Thanks,
m.

No. It can not. You have to do a complete body swap to use the HT arm. SS body is not compatible with HT arm.

OK. Thanks... :-(
Could you please back this with some picutres? I'd like to be able to assess just how impossible to pull it is. Maybe a mod could do it, I don't know...

Do you also remember that the SS Anakin body han exchange its forearm for a robotic one?

If I'm then forced to buy a HT body, could I use ANY HT body with the HT arm?

Thanks,
m.

Back