1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad my waitlist converted for him. I have first ssc Ben, but can't wait to get him. Just need Stormtrooper Luke to convert, and wait for Vader to discount, and I will be set as far as hot toys star wars goes.

I have had a bit more time to mess around with him and overall I do like this figure. I have a few new qualms though. I decided to try a few poses with the brown outer robe off and he looks kind of funny without it, like his head is too big or something. I don't mind the inner robe material in person as much as in initial pictures.. It feels ok but I wish they would have wired the sleeve cuffs, they just do not futz worth a damn so any pose with his arms raised looks a bit silly with the cuffs. It don't know if it is just mine but the wrist articulation seems a bit weak, especially trying to use the force suggestion hand in a realistic pose that lines up with his eye-line.

Does anyone actually use the lit Saber? I installed mine right away and I hate the hand position they put the attached hand in. It looks really silly in any one handed saber positions because it doesn't look like his thumb is on the ignition switch at all and that position is just not how anyone held a one handed saber really (Luke is almost as bad but at least there is a promo pic not from the film with him in sort of this position). I also don't like how you have to undo and redo his Velcro inner shirt all the time to get to the switch, it already is laying a bit funny/curling and I have only done it a few times.

Anyways, glad to have an old Obi Wan in my collection as we probably wont see a new one of him but they could have done a bit better on him in my opinion. I like him better than Luke however (and maybe Han as well, not sure yet).

I have had a bit more time to mess around with him and overall I do like this figure. I have a few new qualms though. I decided to try a few poses with the brown outer robe off and he looks kind of funny without it, like his head is too big or something. I don't mind the inner robe material in person as much as in initial pictures.. It feels ok but I wish they would have wired the sleeve cuffs, they just do not futz worth a damn so any pose with his arms raised looks a bit silly with the cuffs. It don't know if it is just mine but the wrist articulation seems a bit weak, especially trying to use the force suggestion hand in a realistic pose that lines up with his eye-line.

Does anyone actually use the lit Saber? I installed mine right away and I hate the hand position they put the attached hand in. It looks really silly in any one handed saber positions because it doesn't look like his thumb is on the ignition switch at all and that position is just not how anyone held a one handed saber really (Luke is almost as bad but at least there is a promo pic not from the film with him in sort of this position). I also don't like how you have to undo and redo his Velcro inner shirt all the time to get to the switch, it already is laying a bit funny/curling and I have only done it a few times.

Anyways, glad to have an old Obi Wan in my collection as we probably wont see a new one of him but they could have done a bit better on him in my opinion. I like him better than Luke however (and maybe Han as well, not sure yet).

RE: the ignition switch. The most people aren't supposed to easily use a Lightsaber is that the switch is held on by the user with the force. It means if they dropped it, the thing switches off. It can stay on if they force throw it.
A normal person could thumb the switch, but would have to hold it in themselves.

2e0image.jpg

Dontcha just h8 the jazzman? :rotfl

That's some great work by Jazz. Looks like a different figure from what I have on my shelf.

Looks like old Ben went on a bender at the cantina and woke up in a sand dune.:clap

Commander Cody also handed Obi-Wan his lightsaber in RotS. If they ever made a RotS Commander Cody, should he come with Obi-Wan's saber?

Are you contemplating selling it?

Cody comes with Obi-Wan's saber in a couple of Hasbro figures :lol But yeah, if Hot Toys does him... he should come with just the hilt.

As far as this figure, I won't sell it. Still looks good in the shadows/somewhat dark.

Cody comes with Obi-Wan's saber in a couple of Hasbro figures :lol But yeah, if Hot Toys does him... he should come with just the hilt.

As far as this figure, I won't sell it. Still looks good in the shadows/somewhat dark.

Ah, I see. I wasn't privy of that. Personally, I don't see that as being enough to warrant the figure including that accessory. But that's just my opinion. Especially this Obi-Wan figure; he already comes with three hilt variations (LED, hook, no hook) of his own saber as it is. :lol

The Obi-Wan sculpt can look really good at various angles and lighting, like with most sculpts. Some angles bring out the likeness better than others with ideal lighting.

Back