1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those who inquired, I have sold 8 slots of my Death Star Diorama 1/6 build kit, only 2 slots left

I don't want to rush anyone, but could I need to know if you want to reserve a slot some time this weekend I need to order materials and machine time on monday. Thanks!

Also, I now offer airbrush service for all parts that need to be painted for an additional fee

Is there a thread with pics for this?

Oh that is so awesome! I missed out...

I was stupid, and it's waitlisted, but really not holding any hope and now just waiting for the DX version.
Luke's on flex, and Leia's preordered locally, so all there but Obi-wan.:slap

You need to replace those Medicom version of yours. Coz that's what I did.

Agree. HT would kill it on all those figures. I have a shorter list for PT figures
Maul
Dooku
Jango
Sidious
But I most likely I'll cave on seeing Anakin Obi Wan and qui Gonn

Is he able to achieve the kneeling pose like when he first finds Luke?

I want to try to combine these two:
LSRi5.png

alec-guinness-as-ben-obi-wan-kenobi-in-star.jpg

Well finally unboxed mine yesterday.

Sight_2016_03_03_211910_716.jpg

I can say. Sideshow still hold a much better head sculpt. Only the paint that let it down. So I put the Sideshow back inside the box again.

Which one went back in the box?

My Sideshow version. I will still keep this till I can find a good artist who can repaint him that can match HT quality.
Not sure where and who to trust to repaint the head.

No one could get it to match with paint. The detail in the head from hot toys is what will not make that possible.

HT is not a perfect likeness but the sideshow may look like Guinness bit it's a caricature. It was good in the day but now it looks like a cartoon. It's time for people to move on.

And anyway the HT looks like Guinness, best likness of the human OT so far.

My Sideshow version. I will still keep this till I can find a good artist who can repaint him that can match HT quality.
Not sure where and who to trust to repaint the head.

Skiman. He painted mine and did a bang up job too.

I also 100% disagree with Raymond F. His opinion is the exact reverse of what I believe.

No one could get it to match with paint. The detail in the head from hot toys is what will not make that possible.

HT is not a perfect likeness but the sideshow may look like Guinness bit it's a caricature. It was good in the day but now it looks like a cartoon. It's time for people to move on.

And anyway the HT looks like Guinness, best likness of the human OT so far.

100% agree with that.

You think there are no artists who can paint a better paint app than an HT factory app? What sheltered life you lead. :lol

Back