1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Futzed with Vader a bit this evening. Doing what I can with what I have to try and get him as close as I can to this screen grab:

43D4B480-6712-4400-83C4-6A17AC36C877.jpeg
DC70A3CA-9F2B-46EC-BEA7-A3F6C2D9629E.jpg

Futzed with Vader a bit this evening. Doing what I can with what I have to try and get him as close as I can to this screen grab:

Looks really great. Did you cut out the sides of the torso? I can't get the arms on mine to hang without bulging out.

That looks fantastic SilverStar17.

Nice job.

Looks great, SS!

Niiice... Screen shot right there.

Great work on that pose SilverStar!

Great work SilverStar!

Thanks, gents!

Looks really great. Did you cut out the sides of the torso? I can't get the arms on mine to hang without bulging out.

Thanks! No, no mods done to the arms. I know what you’re talking about though regarding them flaring out. To mitigate it, I just angled the arms in a bit using the bicep swivel and slightly bent the arm at the elbow.

Here’s the unadulterated pic without the filtering used to look like the reference screen shot:

0EFF96BB-36B6-4D58-B094-32BCF1B6B7FD.jpg

Thanks, gents!

Thanks! No, no mods done to the arms. I know what you’re talking about though regarding them flaring out. To mitigate it, I just angled the arms in a bit using the bicep swivel and slightly bent the arm at the elbow.

Here’s the unadulterated pic without the filtering used to look like the reference screen shot:

View attachment 424648

Thanks. It's reassuring to see that pose can be done without cutting up the body to keep the arms down like some guys here have.

And I love that look. It's simple yet captures a classic moment of a foreboding Vader sizing up his old master before their dual.

And I love that look. It's simple yet captures a classic moment of a foreboding Vader sizing up his old master before their dual.

Wholeheartedly agree. I have Kenobi displayed next to him in the corresponding pose from that scene, where he first encountered Vader and saw him standing there waiting for him like that, and drew and ignited his saber.

This is the only Vader I plan on having in my collection until they make a v3 ANH and it turns out being the Vader to end all Vaders, as I really can’t justify having multiple ones with space being an issue, not to mention the price of these things. ANH is my favorite look and I prefer to have him wielding his lightsaber to help showcase the multiple colored saber blades in the SW universe. This to me is probably his most iconic pose while holding his ignited saber.

Wholeheartedly agree. I have Kenobi displayed next to him in the corresponding pose from that scene, where he first encountered Vader and saw him standing there waiting for him like that, and drew and ignited his saber.

This is the only Vader I plan on having in my collection until they make a v3 ANH and it turns out being the Vader to end all Vaders, as I really can’t justify having multiple ones with space being an issue, not to mention the price of these things. ANH is my favorite look and I prefer to have him wielding his lightsaber to help showcase the multiple colored saber blades in the SW universe. This to me is probably his most iconic pose while holding his ignited saber.

Space is a big issue for me also. I only display one version of each character at a time even if I have multiples. So I don't know if I really need the new ESB Vader since I'm still more than happy with the ANH V1. Your awesome pic above reminds me why, and helps me save almost $300!

Space is a big issue for me also. I only display one version of each character at a time even if I have multiples. So I don't know if I really need the new ESB Vader since I'm still more than happy with the ANH V1. Your awesome pic above reminds me why, and helps me save almost $300!

Thanks!

Yeah, I only have multiples if the look of that character is vastly different from film to film, such as the case with Luke, or if it’s a character I really like. Don’t get me wrong, I really like Vader, but at the same time, Vader is Vader. I can’t really justify spending $300 just to have another version simply because the dials on the chest box are a bit different and he has a few other subtle differences here and there. Same applies for me to a character like Chewie, and even Yoda.

Looks great SilverStar!

Thanks, bud. :duff

9C006F58-8839-4BF4-8C7E-66C0483E42D9.jpg

“I’ve been waiting for you, Obi-Wan, we meet again at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but a learner, now I am the master.”

“Only a master of evil, Darth.”

Back