1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cape and tunic on the rogue one suit are terrible. Snags way too easily. Anh 2.0 from the tarkin set is the best Vader currently out

Agreed. I had both ANH (modded) and RO and the RO capes are not as good. Plus the diaper cod piece is crazy.

Gotta say I never understood those claiming the R1 cape to be superior. ANH hope drapes so beautifully with perfect length. R1 version is nowhere near as good. The only thing R1 did better imo was the gloves.

Very nice pic Blazio. Simple but effective pose.

The R1 cape is better scaled and more accurate to how vader looked in ANH....the stock ANH cape might have a slightly better drape but it's over scaled and too bulky...

I don't get the dislike for the R1 cod piece either...as it's accurate to that movie....

The R1 cape is better scaled and more accurate to how vader looked in ANH....the stock ANH cape might have a slightly better drape but it's over scaled and too bulky...

I don't get the dislike for the R1 cod piece either...as it's accurate to that movie....

I agree. In my opinion the new cod piece adds a bit more of "samurai vibe" to the costume.

9-Samurai-1537x2048_1.jpg

And if the new piece resembles a diaper then the old one could be called a thong, especially with how it is attached in the back. And it looks kinda wonky in more dynamic poses.

23722591_10155054763852344_3521369928931594449_n.jpg

How is that codpiece any better? :D

I prefer the R1 Vader even compared to the Tarkin Vader because the weathering on the new helmet seems incomplete and more distracting than accurate.

That’s the ESB Vader which has nothing to do with the conversation and hasn’t even been released yet.

*scratches head*

The pleated tunic on the Hot Toys Rogue One Vader is accurate to the film that it represents and I love that added detail to it. It makes Vader look even more regal. The cod-piece on this particular Darth Vader action figure is nice and thick and has a much better shape to it than any of the other Vader cod-pieces from the other movies.

I bought an ANH cod piece because I didn't like how the RO looked, didn't like the leather wrinkles.

The cape and tunic on the rogue one suit are terrible. Snags way too easily. Anh 2.0 from the tarkin set is the best Vader currently out

You can say one is better but neither is terrrible. The RO cape is still great.

That’s the ESB Vader which has nothing to do with the conversation and hasn’t even been released yet.

*scratches head*

How does something that illustrates the original codpiece shape have "nothing to do with the conversation"?
*scratches head*

Here's a pic of the ANH Vader in a "similar" position, happy? The ESB pics simply show it better and are "official photos" as they were published by Hot Toys.

258.jpg

Why not post that pic then? Way to muddy the waters of conversation. Plus the codpiece looks better in that last pic (and doesn’t really resemble the ESB one you posted, which yes is an official HT pic, but of a completely different figure). :dunno

Why not post that pic then? Way to muddy the waters of conversation. Plus the codpiece looks better in that last pic (and doesn’t really resemble the ESB one you posted, which yes is an official HT pic, but of a completely different figure). :dunno

It looks better because of the angle of the photo and the position of the legs. The ESB pic is 1) of their latest, supposedly most advanced Vader 2) shows the same "problem" from a better viewpoint.
Both the ANH and new ESB pieces should have the same height, resulting in the same issue. How does that muddy the waters of the conversation about comparing Vaders? :rotfl

I love reading Which is the best Vader and why...:lol

Generally, for many the best version is the one they own, or the newest version always seems to be the best. Soon we'll be reading why the ESB Vader is the best ever.

It's fun to read collectors rationalizations as to why. No one is right or wrong. It comes down to the one YOU prefer and why....

We should all be happy to have so many cool 1/6 Vader's to choose from. And to me they all great as NONE are perfect.

Enjoy your Vader's and sharing pics...

:lsvader

By the way..... The 1st HT ANH Vader is by far THE BEST!! (w/v2 gloves of course)... :pfft:

:rotfl

Anyway, the RO Vader has the advantage of effectively hiding the "thong attachment" to the back even in more extreme poses (see pic below), because of the longer frontpiece. I think that's a plus.

DSC_0313.JPG

But nothing can match a properly modded ANH Vader of course. :)

Anyway, the RO Vader has the advantage of effectively hiding the "thong attachment" to the back even in more extreme poses (see pic below), because of the longer frontpiece. I think that's a plus.

View attachment 413037

But nothing can match a properly modded ANH Vader of course. :)

Those wrinkles in the cod piece are why I don't like the RO cod piece. It looks like a manufacturing error to me; they aren't screen accurate to RO are they?

You could safely take a swift punch to the groin from a 5 year old with that cod piece. I want one!

The wrinkles are screen accurate, even their shape and position seem to match the costume to me. They probably put them on to make it something other than just the oversized version of the previous pieces.

The wrinkles are screen accurate, even their shape and position seem to match the costume to me. They probably put them on to make it something other than just the oversized version of the previous pieces.

Ok thanks, it was just jarring to me when seeing it. Got the ANH one as a replacement, I'll see if I ever warm up to that one.

Back